Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics (MDAE), Mumbai is one of the top-ranked colleges in India. MDAE is best known for its Executive MBA/ PGDM program in 2 disciplines. The institute has a record of 75% placement with 19% internship in many reputed companies. MDAE, Mumbai offers postgraduate diploma program in the discipline of Economics and Data Science.
Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2015| Private|
|Courses Offered||PGD in 2 discipline|
|Top Recruiters||J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Deloitte, EY, HDFC, JLL, RBS|
|Total Strength||Female: 57% | Male: 43%|
|Facilities Available||Library, Auditorium, Scholarship|
Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics Courses
MDAE Mumbai offers PGP program in the discipline of Economics and Data Science. A brief about the same is given below:
Course 1: Post Graduate Program in Economics (PGDE)
- Specialization: Finance, Data Analytics and Public Policy
- Eligibility: Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks
- Duration: 1 year
Course 2: Post Graduate Program in Data Science and Finance
- Eligibility: Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in any stream.
- Duration: 1 year
Check: MDAE Mumbai Courses and Fees
Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics Admission
Step 1: Visit the official website of the college and go to ‘Apply Now’.
Step 2: Register yourself with a valid email id and contact number.
Step 3: After successful registration, you will receive a verification email on your email address.
Step 4: Login to your account and fill the application form with all required details.
Step 5: On submission of your form, you will receive an email with an application ID number as proof that your application has been received.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following ways:
- 2 essays – One on a current economic topic of your choice (500 words) & one on why you want to study economics (250 words).
- Entrance Test
- Personal Interview
Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics Placement
The college provides placement assistance and opportunities through its central Training & Placement Cell which works on a monotonous note to keep up the placement standards during the campus recruiting sessions. The cell has tie-ups with numerous elite and renowned companies of the corporate sector in order to give maximum placement opportunities to the interested students so that the possibilities of getting placed enriches with respect to it. Some of the placement highlights are:
- >30 Companies that evaluated students
- 69% Full-Time Jobs
- 9% Research Assignments
- >90% of the batch engaged in Jobs, Internships and Research Projects
- Top recruiters: J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Deloitte, EY, HDFC, JLL, RBS, HSBC, Edelweiss Tokio, Aditya Birla Group, IDFC Institute, Axis Bank, Gateway House, Think Analytics, Fractal Analytics, Decimal Point, Crisil, and many more.
Check: MDAE Mumbai Placement
Why choose Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics?
- Prepare for the future: Get trained for new-age careers in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Analytics. We strongly focus on quantitative and programming skills like R Programming, Python and SQL which help you land your dream job.
- Access to leading professionals: Get mentored by top professionals from the public and private sector to guide you through our Mentorship Program. Past mentors include the M.D. of J.P. Morgan and Deutsche Bank. Get access to a prominent academic or practitioner who delivers a talk on current finance and economic development topics through our Speaker Series.
- Practical Experience: Get the academic rigor and applied skills to meet the needs of a dynamic and globalized workplace with our one-year postgraduate program. Deepen your concepts through our Econ Labs where a prominent professional economist delivers a talk on a concrete real-world problem that serves as an illustrative application of concepts learned in the courses.
- Diverse background: Get the opportunity to network with and learn from bachelor's and master's degree students from different fields as you do not need to have an Economics background. You will get the opportunity to study with Engineers, Chartered Accountants, Economists, and Data Analysts.
Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics Faculty
Given below are the details of the faculty of MDAE:
Dr. Sandhya Krishnan
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualification: M.A, Ph.D
- Qualification: MBA, CFA, FRM & PRM
- Work Experience: 13+ years
- Designation: Program Coordinator
- Qualification: B.A, M.Phil, MS
- Work Experience: 34 years
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: Ph.D
Dr. Durgesh Tinaikar
- Qualification: B.E, MMS, Ph.D
- Achievement: Chairman’s Special Award
Check: MDAE Mumbai Faculty
Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics FAQs
Ques. Can a student with non-engineering background learn the technical aspects of Data Science?
Ans. Yes. If the student is oriented to learn Math, Statistics and Computer Coding languages, then the non-engineering student can even apply for the course. All the students must undergo the pre-evaluation process before taking the admission in the course.
Ques. Are Fees inclusive of Accommodation?
Ans. This is not a residential course. The course fee covers only tuition fees and other charges related to course.
Ques. Does MDAE provides scholarship?
Ans. Yes, MDAE provides scholarship facility on the basis of merit. Merit-based scholarships will be offered to 5 students. MDAE offers two types of scholarships which are as follows:
- Chanakya Scholarship: Two scholarships, covering 50% of the course fees.
- Adam Smith Scholarship: Three scholarships, covering 33% of the course fees.
Ques. Does the institute offer discount/ education loan?
Ans. Yes, the institute offers discount/ education loan to students. Given below are the details of the same:
- Program launch discount – 15% on fees.
- Education loan from banks and part payment facility available as per Institute’s academy.
Ques. What tools and programming languages are covered in the course?
Ans. The tools and programming languages covered in the course are as follows:
- Coding languages: R and Python
- ML: Deep Learning, Neural Networks, Recommender system, Simulation techniques, Sentimental analysis.