Engineering Institute for Junior Executives, Howrah, West Bengal was established in 1969 and is recognised by AICTE, New Delhi. The college offers 3-year diploma courses in Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication, Mechanical, and Metallurgical Engineering along with some vocational courses in Engineering & Technology for XI and XII standard passed out students. Admission to the diploma courses is done through entrance exams JEXPO (for admission into first year) and VOCLET (for admission into second year). CDTP training is given free of cost. Many MNC like L&T, Vesuvius India, etc. companies visit for campus placement.
Engineering Institute for Junior Executives Howrah Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1969 | Government|
|Affiliation||West Bengal State Council of Technical Education|
|Courses offered||Diploma courses|
|Admission Mode||Online/ Offline|
|Entrance Exam||JEXPO and VOCLET|
|Facilities available||Library, sports, laboratories, auditorium, and Medical/ Hospital|
Engineering Institute for Junior Executives Howrah Courses
The diploma level courses offered are briefed below.
|Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication, and Metallurgical Engineering||3 years||Candidate must have passed the secondary (Madhyamika) Examination of West Bengal Board of education or its equivalent examination with English, Physical science/ science, and mathematics along with other subjects by securing a minimum of 35% marks.|
Engineering Institute for Junior Executives Howrah Admission
For admission into first year diploma courses, candidate must clear "JEXPO" entrance exam which is held each year and conducted by West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational education and skill development (WBSCT&VE&SD). It is an offline pen and paper-based test.
- Additionally, Admission into second year diploma course is through VOCLET. Candidates must have passed 10+2 exam of the West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational education and skill development or should have passed with 2 years ITI with madhyamik or equivalent examination.
- For admission in Vocational courses, XI standard can apply during May- June of every year.
Duration of Vocational course is 2 years.
- For admission under the CDTP scheme, the candidates should contact CDTP office during the office hours. This scheme provides training at free of cost.
- JEXPO 2020 has been cancelled due to COVID-19. Thus, admissions are now being done on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying exam.
- Application mode of JEXPO & VOCLET is online/ offline.
- Application form gets released on the official website.
- Visit the concerned official website to register online.
- To participate in the online counselling, candidates have to register online, fill application form, and lock their choices.
- However, offline applying by using OMR based application forms are also available.
- Upload documents and pay the necessary fees.
- Final allotment of the seats will be on the basis of merit score and availability of seats because of the pandemic situations.
Engineering Institute for Junior Executives Howrah JEXPO Cutoff Rank
Here are the cutoff ranks of JEXPO 2019 for admission into the first-year Engineering Institute for Junior Executives.
|Electronics and telecommunication||13091||25303||NA|
Engineering Institute for Junior Executives Howrah VOCLET Cutoff Rank
Here are the cutoff ranks of VOLCET for taking admission into the second-year diploma.
|Electronics and telecommunication||1216||2505||NA|
Engineering Institute for Junior Executives Howrah Placements
Many MNC companies offer placements to the students of this institution. Some of them are:
- Vesuvius India
- JSPL (hire fresh engineers from this college)
- Vikrant Forge
- Datre corporation
Engineering Institute for Junior Executives Howrah Facilities
Engineering Institute for Junior Executives gives best facilities. It has well ventilated classrooms, Library, IT Infrastructure, sports facility, and Medical/Hospital facility. Some of them are described below.
- Library - The college library is well ventilated and designed with a good study environment. Library has a vast collection of books, journals, and periodicals, etc.
- Cafeteria (cafe) - The Cafeteria or canteen of the college is surrounded by green scenery, assuring the candidates of food security and quality with hygiene.
- Auditorium - Auditorium of the college is ventilated and designed. Many events, fests, and technical events take place here during each academic session.
- Laboratories- College has well equipped labs and has vast space. The laboratories are equipped to enhance the practical expertise of the course pursuing students.
Engineering Institute for Junior Executives Howrah FAQs
Ques. Is there any age limit for second year admission at Engineering Institute for Junior Executives Howrah?
Ques. Is there any reservation when getting into Engineering Institute for Junior Executives Howrah?
Ans. Yes, there is reservation in the College. Description of it is given below.
- 22% & 6% of the seats are reserved for the candidates of West Bengal belonging to SC & ST categories respectively.
- 5% of the total intake capacity is reserved for the physically challenged (Handicapped) candidates.
- Reservation of OBC-A and OBC-B will be made as per the government order.
- Reservation for Wards of Ex Servicemen will be made as per government order.
- 25% seats will be reserved for female candidates under the district Quota.
Ques. Is there any application form fee for getting admitted into Engineering Institute for Junior Executives Howrah via JEXPO?
Ans. Yes, here are the details about fee of JEXPO application form, which has to be remitted by the bank challan.
|Mode of application||General Candidates||Kanyashree candidates|
|OMR application(Offline)||INR 500||INR 250|
|Online application||INR 450||INR 225|
Ques. How many colleges participate in JEXPO including Engineering Institute for Junior Executives Howrah. What is the duration of exam?
Ques. What are the steps to apply for JEXPO 2020 online towards the admission into Engineering Institute for Junior Executives Howrah?
Ans. Follow the below given steps to apply for JEXPO 2020 in online mode.
- Step 1- Registration
- Step 2- Filling of application form
- Step 3- Uploading of documents
- Step 4- Payment of fee
- Step 5- Submission of application form
Ques. What is the seat intake and fees at Engineering Institute for Junior Executives Howrah?
Ques. Is it worth to join at Engineering Institute for Junior Executives Howrah?