Pusa Institute of Technology was established in 1962 and is approved by the Board of Technical Education, Delhi as well as the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). The college offers Diploma courses in technical education with multiple specializations. Students that have qualified class 10th can apply for admission at the Pusa Institute of Technology. The selection of candidates is done on the basis of their performance in the Delhi Polytechnic Common Entrance Test. The interested candidates can apply for admission via the offline method.
Pusa Institute of Technology Highlights
|Established | Type||1962 | Public|
|Affiliated to||Board of Technical Education, Delhi|
|Entrance exam||Delhi Polytechnic Common Entrance Test|
Pusa Institute of Technology Courses
Pusa Institute of Technology Delhi offers a Diploma course in Engineering with multiple specializations. The details of this course are given below:
Diploma in Engineering (Polytechnic)
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: The minimum eligibility criteria to qualify for the CET is 35% aggregate marks in Science, Mathematics & English in Secondary School Examination (class 10)
Selection Criteria: On the basis of merit on the marks obtained in the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the Board of Technical Education (BTE)
Specializations: Print Technology, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Diploma in Civil Engineering, Polytechnic, Mechanical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Electrical Engineering.
Read More: Pusa Institute of Technology Fees
Pusa Institute of Technology Admission
Admissions to the diploma courses (all specializations) happen on the basis of the Common Entrance Test (CET Delhi) conducted by the Department of Training & Technical Education (DTTE), Delhi. Only students with a minimum of 35% aggregate mark in Maths, Science, and English and passing marks in the other subjects in Class 10th are eligible to apply for this exam.
How to apply?
The detailed admission process of Pusa Institute of Technology Delhi is given below:
- Eligible candidates are required to apply online. They have to fill the online Delhi CET application form by accessing the official website.
- Aspirants are required to enter all personal and academic details and upload a photograph
- Aspirants are advised to take a print-out of the form for future reference
- Once the results of the CET are out, the candidates will have to fill the admission form in offline mode from the college.
- Based on their performance in the entrance examination, the candidates will be selected and granted admission to the course of their choice.
Read More: Pusa Institute of Technology Admission
Pusa Institute of Technology Facilities
The following facilities are available for the students and staff at the Pusa Institute of Technology:
- Library: The college library has a good collection of books to cater to both the academic needs as well as knowledge enhancements
- Internet Facility: The college has an internet facility for the students to aid them in the learning process
- Cafeteria: The cafeteria is well equipped to cater to vegetarian and non-vegetarian preferences separately with meals being provided at subsidized prices
- Conference Hall: there is a conference hall to help with important meetings and staff conferences
- Hostel: Hostel with fully furnished rooms are available on the college campus.
Pusa Institute of Technology Scholarships
Pusa Institute of Technology has the provisions of scholarships for its students as per the Government of India directives. The Government has introduced scholarships for not only the meritorious students but also for the students belonging to economically weaker sections of the society studying in the Government institutes.
Pusa Institute of Technology Faculty
Pusa Institute of Technology has highly qualified faculty members who are specialized in their respective fields. The majority of the faculty members hold a Master’s degree in Technology. The college has a total of 57 faculty members who are currently working as a Lecturer at the college.
Read More: Pusa Institute of Technology Faculty
Pusa Institute of Technology FAQs
Ques. Is the placement record good for this college?
Ans. The placements at Pusa Institute of Technology Delhi are very good. Students who perform well in academics get placed in big companies. At the Pusa Institute of Technology, the Industrial Training and Liaison Officer is responsible for arranging campus interviews by the potential employers for the campus placement process.
Ques. What are the required documents at the time of admissions?
Ans. The following documents are required at the time of admissions to the college:
- 10th Certificate and Mark Sheet
- Copy of CET scorecard
- 12th Certificate and Mark Sheet (if applicable)
- Photo Identity card ( Aadhar card )
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Recent regional medical board certificate or person with a disability
- Passport Size Photographs
- Copy of Registration Form
Ques. Is the hostel facility available for both boys and girls?
Ans. Yes, hostel facilities are available for both boys and girls. These are allotted on a first come first serve basis. The hostel rooms are fully furnished for the convenience of the students.
Ques. What are the categories under which scholarships are provided to the students?
Ans. Scholarships are offered on the basis of the below-mentioned categories:
- Category 1: Merit Scholarship - This category is for meritorious students with excellent academic performance. This scholarship is irrespective of the economic status of the students’ families. The eligibility criteria is a minimum of 80% or above marks in the previous years’ examination
- Category 2: Merit cum Means Scholarship - This category is for students belonging to the economically weak section of the society. The students still have to perform well academically to be eligible for the scholarship. The basic eligibility is 70% or above marks in the previous year’s examination and a total family of not more than 2LPA
Ques. Is a transport facility available for students?
Ans. Yes, a transport facility is available to aid the students in terms of commuting from far-away places