The Lucknow Polytechnic was established in 1922 as a Civil Engineering School by the Hindustan Education Society. The college offers a Diploma in four different specializations i.e. Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electronics Engineering. Admission to the institute is done on the basis of marks secured in UPJEE (Polytechnic).
Lucknow Polytechnic Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1922 | Public|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Set by||Hindustan Education Society|
|Entrance Exam||UPJEE (Polytechnic)|
|Courses Offered||1 course in 4 specializations|
|Popular Courses||Diploma in Engineering|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Canteen, Sports Complex|
Lucknow Polytechnic Courses
The Institute offers Diploma in Engineering with 4 different specializations like Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electronics Engineering. We have briefly discussed the courses in the below table.
|Diploma in Engineering||Civil Engineering||Duration: 3 years. Eligibility: Passed Secondary examination with 35% marks and valid score in UPJEE (Polytechnic). Intake: 60 in each stream.|
Lucknow Polytechnic Admissions
Admission to the college is based on the rank obtained by the candidate in the UPJEE (Polytechnic) examination. Students also need a minimum of 35% marks in their class 10 examination to take part in the counseling process.
Listed below are the step-wise application process for admission in Lucknow Polytechnic:
- The candidates will have to apply online for UPJEE (Polytechnic) by visiting the official site of Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh (JEECUP)
- Candidates should fill the online form with due attention, upload all the required documents with photograph, signature, and then submit it along with the prescribed admission fee to complete the application process.
- After the examination candidates will be ranked according to marks obtained by them in the examination.
- Candidates with higher rank will be given preference, candidates will be allocated a seat based on their preference and availability.
- The offer of admission shall be subject to physical verification of original documents at the time of counseling or admission. If any candidate fails to furnish proper documents at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will be canceled.
Lucknow Polytechnic Scholarships
Students can apply for the scholarship programs of UP government, UP government provides merit-based scholarships to the students from a humble socio-economic background. Students will have to fill-up the form and submit the hard copy at the college office to apply for the scholarship program.
Know more Lucknow Polytechnic Scholarship
Lucknow Polytechnic Facilities
The institution offers many facilities to the students, some of them are discussed below.
- Library: The college has a library with a rich collection of books, journals, newspapers for the students and staff.
- Hostel: There are two blocks of hostels for boys and one block for girls on the campus. The hostels can accommodate 200 boys and 100 girls.
- Bank: There is a branch of UCO bank with ATM facilities inside the campus.
- Sports Complex: There is a huge ground on the campus which is available for playing outdoor games like Cricket, Volleyball, Football, and other games. Necessary arrangements for playing indoor games like Chess, Carrom, and Table Tennis are also available in the sports complex.
- Canteen: A canteen is located on the campus which offers hygienic food at an affordable rate.
- Apart from this the college also has a decent number of scanners, printers, Self-learning CDs, Education Centre, different software required for education purposes are available with the college. The college also has the facility of staff quarters and guest house.
Click here Lucknow Polytechnic Hostel
Lucknow Polytechnic FAQs
Ques. What is the application fee for UPJEE (Polytechnic)?
Ans. The application fee is INR 300 + bank charges for General and OBC candidates. For SC and ST candidates the application fee is INR 200 + bank charges.
Ques. Does the college organize industry visits or industry-related specific training programs?
Ans. Yes, the college organizes industrial visits at local or nearby industries, national-level Research & Testing institutions like CSIR, INDO-GERMAN TOOLROOM, INGERSOLL RAND, ISRO, PRL, TATA, SAIL, etc.
Ques. Does the college provide specialized training sessions in industry-specific technologies?
Ans. Yes, the students receive training in software like AutoCAD Drawings, training in how to operate CNC machines and other specialized machines through computers.
Ques. What are the fees in the institute?
Ans. The tuition fee for the DIploma programs is approximately INR 20,000 per year.
Ques. Does the college provide medical facilities to the students?
Ans. No, the college does not provide any medical facility to the students.