Government Polytechnic Belgaum is a polytechnic institute that was established in 1958. The institute started offering courses in civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering and at present, they offer 6 diploma courses with the new inclusion of Automobile, electronics and communication, and Commercial practice specializations. It follows the norms and conditions of the National Board of Accreditation. It has dedicated faculty whose cooperative efforts help in the smooth running of the institute in this competitive and challenging world. The institute is affiliated to the Directorate of Technical Education, Karnataka.
Read More Government Polytechnic Belgaum Reviews
Government Polytechnic Belgaum Highlights
|Established | Institution Type||1958 | Government|
|Number of courses offered||Six|
Government Polytechnic Belgaum Courses
The institute offers a diploma program in six different specializations. The institute takes a total of 240 students into the college based on the merit list released by the Directorate of Technical Education. The below table gives a brief idea about the courses offered by the institute.
|Diploma Courses||Seat intake||Duration|
|Electrical and electronics||60|
|Electronics and communication||60|
Government Polytechnic Belgaum Admission
Eligibility criteria for the admission at the institution are given below.
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate should have passed the 10th or equivalent exam with a minimum of 35% marks.
- The candidate should have studied in Karnataka for a minimum of 5 years.
- There is no age limit as of now.
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will have to apply online.
- Go to the official website of DTE, Karnataka at http://dtetech.karnataka.gov.in/.
- Click on new user registration.
- Fill in all necessary information.
- Upload the required documents in the mentioned size and format.
- Proceed to Choose filling and option entry of colleges.
- Choose the district preference in which you want to get admission and institution preference.
- Preview and submit it.
- Once the application is submitted, the officials will verify your documents and will release a merit list. Candidates will be notified through SMS after the release of the merit list.
- The counselling process begins and gets under way based on the merit list released. Candidates will be informed about the dates of the process.
- The candidates have to provide all the original documents at counselling.
- In the case of spot admissions, candidates can get admitted to the college by paying the admission fee in the college.
Government Polytechnic Belgaum Placements
The government polytechnic, Belgaum has a training and placement cell that acts as a facilitator between the students and industries. The placement cell tries to meet all the industry requirements in order to sharpen the students. The institute conduct campus interviews and helps students get place in various companies by the end of their diploma. Not just that, it also conducts various tests, group discussions, and interviews in coordination with industries on the campus. The industries that recruit their students include: Tata Motors, Aequs Pvt Ltd, Toyota Kirloskar, Wipro, BEL, Yazaki, Bajaj, Apollo Tyres, and Mahindra Infotech, etc.
Read More Government Polytechnic Belgaum Placement
Government Polytechnic Belgaum Scholarships
The government polytechnic, Belgaum offers various scholarships to the deserving and talented students. The college also provides merit scholarships to the meritorious students of the institute. Government of Karnataka grants the scholarships to SC/ ST students and some eligible OBC students of the institution as well. The scholarships include fee concession, and exclusion in food and accommodation charges. NSP scholarship is also provided for some eligible candidates of minority category.
Government Polytechnic Belgaum Facilities
The institute has facilities that are necessary for the students for an effective learning environment and is always trying their best to improve the various facilities that can be provided to the students. Some of the facilities are:
- Hostel- The institute has only a hostel for the girl students at present and the hostel for the boys is under construction. The hostel was opened in early 2013 and it is a well-ventilated building. It has a dining room, kitchen, rooms, and bathrooms.
- Library- The institute has a library on the campus that is open to students during the college hours. The library is stacked with more than 1000 books and it also issues books to students for their reference.
- Labs- The institute has labs for every department with many lecturers and supporting staff for transfer of the practical knowledge to students.
Read More Government Polytechnic Belgaum Hostel
Government Polytechnic Belgaum Faculty
The institute has many experienced and qualified teaching staff for the transfer of knowledge to the students. The faculty is led by the principal along with other lecturers and supporting staff to groom the students in a positive manner for the overall development of students. The following table gives a brief idea about the faculty in the institute:
|Course||Number of lecturers|
|Electrical and electronics||9|
|Electronics and communication||5|
Read More Government Polytechnic Belgaum Faculty
Government Polytechnic Belgaum FAQs
Ques. How can I contact the administrator of Government Polytechnic Belgaum?
Ques. What is the fee structure for Government Polytechnic Belgaum?
Ques. Why should I choose polytechnic course at Government Polytechnic Belgaum as an option after the 10th?
Ques. What is the spot admission process at Government Polytechnic Belgaum?
Ques. Is there any exam to be written for admission to Government Polytechnic Belgaum?