Camellia Institute of Polytechnic (CIP) is a private Institute located in Purulia, West Bengal. The Institute has been founded by the efforts of Kalyan Educational Society. It is affiliated to West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education (WBSTE) and Skill Development. The institution offers technical oriented diploma courses in 5 streams.
- It was established with a vision to be a centre of excellence in value-based education and Research.
- The Institute is situated in an area close to 10 acres.
- The Institute is teamed with 41 full-time faculty for the students enrolled.
- The Courses comprise of 6 semesters in a span of 3 years.
Read More CIP Purulia Reviews
CIP Purulia Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2012 | Private|
|Entrance Exam||JEXPO/ VOCLET (WB Polytechnic)|
|Courses Offered||Diploma in 5 streams|
|Popular Courses||Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science and Technology Engineering|
|Campus Area||10 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Canteen, Computer Lab, and Gymnasium|
|Top Recruiters||Valeo India (ANAND GROUP), Condor Power Product Pvt. Ltd., Faurecia Group, Amazon, Quality Austria Central Asia|
CIP Purulia Courses
5 specialized diploma courses are detailed below.
|Diploma Courses||Number of seats||Eligibility|
|Mechanical||120||X passed with 35% marks in Maths and Science and JEXPO rank|
|Computer Science and Technology||60|
|Applied Electronics and Communication||60|
Read More CIP Purulia Courses and Fees
CIP Purulia Admission
There are two modes of entry as far as the admission at the Camellia Institute of Polytechnic is concerned. Both will be done online.
For 1st Year Diploma
- The Eligibility for Counselling is having valid JEXPO rank and secure at least 35% aggregate marks in Class X or equivalent marks.
- Compulsory subjects in X- Science, Mathematics and English
- There is no upper age limit.
For the 2nd year Diploma
- For Eligibility, candidates must have completed two years Vocational/ ITI with 60% marks or if below 60% marks, the candidate must have any rank of VOCLET examination.
- Only 10% of the total intake will be allowed for admission as per the AICTE/ State Council rules.
- Visit the official site of the board to apply and appear for the exam.
- Then, the shortlisted candidates will be allowed to appear in the counselling as made valid.
- 50% of the intake is through Counselling. For this, a valid rank card of JEXPO with a minimum of 35% aggregate in Class X is mandatory.
- 50% of the intake is through direct admission. For this, the candidate must have a minimum 45% marks in Science and Maths in Class X.
- At the time of admission, an amount of INR 25,500 has to be paid.
- This finalizes the admission process.
The fee details for the various courses offered by the college are as follows:
|Fee Particulars||I Year (INR)||II Year/ III Year (INR)||Total Fee (INR)|
|1st year Diploma through Counselling||20,000||13,000||13,000||13,000||85,000|
|1st year Diploma through Direct Admission||25,500||15,500||15,500||15,500||1,00,000|
|Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Technology & Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering||-||-||16,000||13,000||55,000|
|Hostel Fees/ Per Month||4,050|
Read More CIP Purulia Admission
CIP Purulia Placements
The top recruiters at Camellia Institute of Polytechnic are Valeo India (ANAND GROUP), Condor Power Product Pvt. Ltd., Faurecia Group, Amazon, Quality Austria Central Asia, Sanmar Group, Texas Technology, Poornam Infovision. The highest placement in year 2019 was INR 3.8 LPA and the average package in 2019 was INR 2 LPA. Around 381 students were placed which is 64% of the total students graduated from the college.
Read More CIP Purulia Placements
CIP Purulia Facilities
The Institute provides the following facilities:
- Hostel- Admission in the college Hostel is granted on a first come and first served basis. Outstation students are given preference. Hostels also come with a common room in both the hostels. Both AC/ non-AC rooms are available.
- Laboratories- The laboratories contain all the machines and equipment necessary for practical. The Institute also has computer facilities.
- Library- The library is well equipped. The books are the latest and give the information related to courses as well as the required exams and their preparation. The institute has also collaborated with MOOC- Swayam and National Digital Library.
- Gym- There is also a gymnasium and a canteen. The gymnasium can be used by the students for exercising purposes.
- Transport- Transport facility is provided to the residential students during weekends at additional nominal charges and there is also free pick up and drop facilities available from hostels both for Boys and Girls students on working days.
Read More CIP Purulia Hostel
CIP Purulia Faculty
With Highly qualified faculty at the campus, the Camellia Institute of Polytechnic is committed to delivering successful professionals and making them industry relevant at national and global level by teaching, research and training. The faculty is continuously acquiring, upgrading and dissemination knowledge as well as creating and developing managerial skills of high standard.
The Institute has a total of 41 faculty at present with 5 Ph.D. and 26 PG holders in different fields ranging from M. Tech, M. Sc and M.A.
Read More CIP Purulia Faculty
CIP Purulia FAQs
Ques. Is there any Hostel facility available at CIP Purulia?
Ans. Yes, there is separate hostel accommodation for boys and girls. The hostel fee is INR 4,050 per month including all facilities (4 times food, medical facilities, transportation facilities, wi-fi, etc.). Hostels are equipped with first aid facilities and regular health check-ups are done for the benefit of students. Hostellers are encouraged to take part in outdoor and indoor sports activities on the campus
Ques. What is JEXPO or VOCLET conducted towards the admission into CIP Purulia?
Ans. JEXPO is the Joint Entrance Exam for Polytechnic. It is conducted every year by the Government of West Bengal.
Ques. Can I get lateral admission at CIP Purulia?
Ans. Yes, lateral admission is possible, but only for 10% of the total strength. Also, the candidate must have completed their 2-year Vocational course or ITI with minimum 60% or if the marks are less than 60% then the applicant must have some rank at VOCLET.
Ques. What is the placement situation at CIP Purulia?
Ans. The Overall Campus placement for 2019 was 64%. For students doing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, it was 85%. The highest package was 3.8 LPA by Texas Technology and 6 students were selected by them.
Ques. Which are the top recruiters for Campus placement at CIP Purulia?
Ans. The top Recruiters at Camellia Institute of Polytechnic are Valeo India (ANAND GROUP), Condor Power Product Pvt. Ltd., Faurecia Group, Amazon, Quality Austria Central Asia, Sanmar Group, Texas Technology, Poornam Infovision.
Ques. Are there any documents needed while applying to CIP Purulia?
Ans. Yes, for admission, the following documents (attested) should be sent:
- Class X marksheet (photocopy)
- Class X admit card (photocopy)
- Adhar Card (photocopy)
- 2 Passport size photographs