Established in 1998, Thakur Polytechnic (TPOLY) is an affiliation of Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE). The institute offers three-year diploma courses in various branches of Engineering and Technology.
First-year admission to the full-time diploma courses is done by applying online for the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) invited by DTE. Institute Level seats are filled by inviting applications from eligible candidates in the Institute. Selection criteria are strictly based on inter-se-merit of the eligible candidates from the respective State Board areas based on the best of 5 marks at the S.S.C. (Std. X) examination. The institute also allows direct second year admissions to full-time courses in Engineering and Technology. Lateral Entry Seats are 20% of Sanctioned Intake, which are over and above the Sanctioned Intake.
In terms of placements, a lot of companies visit the campus for recruitment. Some of these being Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, HCL Infosystem (P) Ltd., Larsen & Toubro Ltd., HDFC Bank Ltd., Godrej Ltd., etc.
Thakur Polytechnic Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1998 | Private|
|Accredited to||National Board of Accreditation (NBA)|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Courses Offered||Diploma Courses|
|Admission Criteria||Centralized Admission Process (CAP)|
|Facilities Available||Seminar Hall, Auditorium, Gymkhana, Canteen, Recreation Ground, Cafeteria, Student Co-operative Store, First Aid Room, Hostel Accommodation, Smart Class Room, and Library.|
|Official Website | Contact||https://www.tpolymumbai.in/index.html | 2854 3540|
Thakur Polytechnic Ranking
- Thakur Polytechnic has been conferred with the ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education) Narsee Monjee Best Overall Performance Polytechnic award for Western Region in a ceremony held at the 47th ISTE National Annual convention Saintgits College of Engineering, Kottayam, Kerala on 27th January 2018.
- Thakur Polytechnic has been awarded Best Laboratory Award to Metrology & Quality Control (MQC) Lab of Mechanical Engineering Department by Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) cash Prize of INR 50,000 for further development of the Lab.
Thakur Polytechnic Courses
The institute offers three-year diploma courses in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics, and Telecommunication Engineering, Information Technology and Civil Engineering. A non-AICTE (MSBTE approved) course of diploma in Interior Designing and Decoration is offered for the students. This section provides detailed information on these courses:
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Candidate must have Passed SSC or its equivalent Examination from a recognized institution with at least 35% aggregate marks with Mathematics and Science & Technology + Indian nationality.
Subjects offered: Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics, and Telecommunication Engineering, Information Technology, and Civil Engineering.
Selection Criteria: Centralized Admission Process (CAP)
Diploma in Interior Designing and Decoration
Non-AICTE (MSBTE approved)
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Candidate must have passed the SSC (Std.X) examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with a minimum of 35% marks in Best of 5 aggregate.
Selection Criteria: Institute Level Only.
Read More: Thakur Polytechnic Fees
Thakur Polytechnic Admission
- For admissions, the institute participates in the Central Admission Process (CAP).
- Candidates have to fill an online application for participating in CAP for seeking admission.
- For Institute level and Vacant seats of CAP round, candidates should submit their application form complete in all respect together with necessary documents, to the institute’s office as per the schedule issued by DTE, which will be displayed on the institute’s notice board.
- Selection for admission will be strictly on the basis of merit of the eligible candidates from the respective State Board areas based on the best of 5 marks at the S.S.C. (Std. X) examination.
- The merit list will be displayed on the institute’s Notice Board.
- Candidates are then called for an interview along with their original certificates.
How to Apply?
- Candidates have to register them on the DTE, Maharashtra web portal.
- After getting the required credentials, candidates have to fill the application form online.
- Scanned documents should be uploaded as per the specifications mentioned on the website.
- Post completion of filling the form, the candidate must submit the application before the set deadline.
Thakur Polytechnic Placement
The institute has an active Training and Placement Cell, which provides guidance for higher studies/placement opportunities through personality development, interview techniques & other soft skills. The campus conducts a decent recruitment drive every year where a lot of companies have been visiting for years. Few companies that come for campus placements are Mahindra & Mahindra, HDFC Bank, TCS Ltd., Voltas Ltd., Godrej Ltd., Blue Star Ltd., etc.
Thakur Polytechnic Facility
- Hostel: Institute has a limited hostel facility for students. The hostel is located near the institute. Interested students can apply immediately after admissions. Hostel allotment is done on the basis of a student's academic credentials & location.
- Sports: The institute has a playground and provides facilities for outdoor games. It also encourages students to participate in various inter-college tournaments.
- Library: The institute has a fully computerized library with well-stocked volumes of textbooks, reference books, automated CD's & periodicals spanning the entire spectrum of engineering discipline. Library also provides book bank facilities for needy students with a collection of more than 25000 books as well subscribers to all major newspapers, periodicals, publication national, and international journals.
- First-Aid Room: A room that provides first-aid treatment for the students and staff.
- Student Co-operative Store: The spacious student co-operative store meets the basic requirements of stationeries as well as a photocopy in the institute premises.
- Cafeteria: Institute also has an indoor Coffee Café Day cafeteria. The cafeteria serves the hot and cold beverages and some snacks items along with that it also has a large LCD displaying the knowledge enhancing channels like Discovery.
- Gymkhana: The indoor gymkhana, provides facilities for games like snooker, billiards table tennis, carom, chess, etc. carries a busy entertainment calendar enhancing many social, leisure, and sports activities. There is also a well-equipped section of the gymnasium for those interested in exercise and bodybuilding.
- Smart Classrooms: The institute has air-conditioned smart classrooms laced with the projectors, audio-video systems, and white-boards. All the application based subjects are taught with the help of PowerPoint presentations and the other audio-visual teaching aids.
Thakur Polytechnic FAQs
Ques. How is the faculty of the institute?
Ans. The institute has a decent number of faculties who are highly qualified and have rich industry experience. Each department has a head (HOD) with his team. The faculties are designated as Lecturer and Senior Lecturer.
Read More: Thakur Polytechnic Faculty
Ques. Does the institute provide scholarships?
Ans. Yes. The government of Maharashtra provides many schemes of fee concession facilities. These schemes are categorized on the basis of merit, caste, economically backward class. The concession is given ranges from exemption from paying tuition fees to paying 50% of it. Students have to apply for the concession scheme. A student having multiple categories can apply for all possible schemes but is eligible to get the benefit of anyone scheme.
Ques. Does the institute offer reservation?
Ans. Yes. Out of the 80% CAP seats, 51% seats are reserved for minorities.
Ques. What documents should the candidates provide in original for verification?
Ans. Candidates should have the following documents at the time of verification:
- Duly Completed Admission form & Medical Fitness Certificate- included in the form (TP/ FRM / IP-01/ 002)
- CAP Admission Seat Allotment Letter from the D.T.E. (MH)
- Acknowledgment of Facilitation Centre (FC) (Xerox copy)
- 8th & 9th Standard Marksheet / Proforma Z
- Mark sheet of SSC (Std. X) examination
- Mark sheet of HSC / MCVC / ITI (if Applicable)
- Leaving Certificate / Transfer Certificate (Mentioning Place of Birth Mandatory & Nationality).
- Migration Certificate (in case of candidate passing qualifying exam. from any other Board other than Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education).
- Aadhar Card (Xerox copy)
- 5 Passport size Photographs
- Caste Certificate for Reservation Candidates.
- Domicile Certificate of the candidate. (Type-B Candidates)
Ques. Does the institute provide any co-curricular activities?
Ans. Yes. The college organizes Techno fest - a State level project competition that provides an opportunity for the students to showcase their technical awareness & presentation skills from various regions. It also organizes Tantra-Utsav, a State Level Paper Presentation & General Quiz Competition every year. Apart from this, the college conducts a cultural festival - GOONJ EK AAGAAZ where various inter-college competitions like Photography, Ceramic Painting, Rangoli, Thali Decoration, One Minute Advertisement, Tattoo Competition, Mehendi, Face Painting, Nail Painting, T-Shirt Painting, and Various Other Arts forms besides Dancing and Rock Bands take place.
Ques. What courses does the institute offer?
Ans. The institute offers three-year diploma courses in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics, and Telecommunication Engineering, Information Technology and Civil Engineering. A non-AICTE (MSBTE approved) course of diploma in Interior Designing and Decoration is offered for the students.