Government Polytechnic Puranpur located at Pilibhit is the most prestigious polytechnic college in Uttar Pradesh, offering full-time 3 years engineering diploma courses. The college was founded in the year 2016 with only one stream of Electrical Engineering.
- During 2017-2019, the college shifted to its newly constructed building and started offering two more branches like Civil and Mechanical Engineering.
- Government College Puranpur is one of the most significant colleges especially in Pilibhit working with innovation, creativity, and human intelligence.
- Apart from the diploma courses, central and state sponsored schemed courses related to skill development are also being run by college.
Government Polytechnic Puranpur Pilibhit Highlights
|Established | college type||2016 | Public|
|Courses Offered||3 Engineering diploma courses|
|Facilities available||Internet, Sports, Library, Laboratories and canteen.|
Government Polytechnic Puranpur Pilibhit Courses
College offers diplomas in three different engineering courses as tabulated. In each course, the college provides 60 % hands on practical experience with 40% theoretical knowledge.
|Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering||3 years||Pass in 10th with a minimal of 35 % of marks from any recognized institution|
Government Polytechnic Puranpur Pilibhit Admission
As per government guidelines, candidates can get admission in college only after qualifying the entrance exam conducted by Joint Entrance Examination Council (JEEC), Lucknow.
- Classes for first year students have started from November 17, 2020.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam and the candidates will be called for counselling for admission.
- Preference will be given to those students who have done the minimum qualification from the institutes in the Uttar Pradesh state or his / her parents are working as a central government employee and currently posted in Uttar Pradesh state.
- The admission mode is online here.
- Visit the official website of Government Polytechnic Puranpur.
- Click on the option ‘admission.’
- Now, click on the link www.jeecup.org being displayed under admission.
- Select the application form.
- Fill the required details along with the valid and personal email ID.
- Upload the passport size photograph and signature in JPEG file format.
- Pay the admission form or registration fee of INR 300 for General / OBC and INR 200 for SC/ST.
- After completing the application form, the admit card will be sent on the registered email ID.
- Appear and crack the exam.
- If shortlisted, the candidates can choose the diploma courses in their preferred institution.
- After the seat allocation is over, pay the fees and confirm the seat by visiting to the allotted college.
Government Polytechnic Puranpur Pilibhit Placements
Some of the key recruiters of the college are: MP Birla Cement, TVS, HCL Limited, Airtel, TATA Products, ITC, PCL Construction Enterprises, and many more. On an average, 70 out of 100 got placement through campus interviews every year. 2nd year internship programs are held each year and the placement program will start after these internship programs.
Government Polytechnic Puranpur Pilibhit Facilities
Few of the facilities made available to each of the institution are listed here.
- Sports Facilities- College provides large campus for outdoor games like cricket, football, and basketball. It also provides necessary facilities for indoor games like chess, table tennis, and many more. Sports events are conducted by the college board which are being funded by the state government.
- Laboratories- College facilities students with lab facilities with best technology in use. Some of those labs are: Computer lab, Basic Electrical Engineering lab, and Mechanical Measurements lab.
- Canteen- College facilities well hygiene in - campus canteen for the various needs of students. Meals, snacks, and beverages will be available around the clock within the college operating hours.
- Library and learning resources- The college offers library and information centre facilities with 100 people seating capacity and personal computers with internet connections. The working hours are from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Auditorium- The college offers auditorium facility for students for the conduct of different programs, events, practices, and performance. The college encourages students to participate in each and every extra- curricular activity.
Government Polytechnic Puranpur Pilibhit FAQs
Ques. Why to choose Government Polytechnic Puranpur Pilibhit?
Ans. The Government Polytechnic has best infrastructure facilities with best labs and highly qualified and experienced faculty members to make the hands-on learning experience greater.
Ques. What is the basic Eligibility Criteria for candidates applying for JEEC towards the admission at Government Polytechnic Puranpur Pilibhit?
Ans. For Engineering & Technology Diploma courses, candidates should have passed high school with a minimum of 35 % marks from a recognised board with subjects like maths and physics.
Ques. What is the hostel fee of the Government Polytechnic Puranpur Pilibhit?
Ans. The college hostel fee is around INR 2,300. This charge includes all the charges for the facilities made available to the students at the hostel.
Ques. Any stats for the previous counselling session held towards the admission at Government Polytechnic Puranpur Pilibhit?
Ans. For the Counselling session conducted on 2019, the total number of candidates applying to Engineering & Technology Diploma courses were 153,934, but the candidates getting admission after counselling were 86,894.
Ques. How many seats are offered by Government Polytechnic Puranpur Pilibhit in diploma program?
Ans. The college offers 60 seats in each of the diploma program offered by it. This seat count includes all the unreserved and reserved as per the state governmental rules.