Vivekanand Education Society’s Polytechnic or VESP, Mumbai established in the year 1983, is affiliated to the Maharashtra Board of Technical Education (MBTE) and has been approved by AlCTE. The institute provides Diploma courses in Engineering across various specializations. Currently the institute has over 1400 students, 67 faculty members and 42 well equipped laboratories. The institute follows a merit based admission procedure for all its candidates. The minimum eligibility required for admission is 50% aggregate marks in the previous qualifying examination. Candidates can apply only through the official website for admission.
VESP Mumbai Highlights
|Established | Type||1983 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education|
|Courses offered||Diploma in Engineering|
|Admission criteria||Merit based|
|Top Recruiters||Hadwise Technology, Eker Solutions, Inditronics, Selec Controls|
|Facilities available||Library, Laboratories, Sports, Canteen, etc.|
VESP Mumbai Courses
The institute provides Diploma courses in Engineering across various specializations. Following are the details of the specializations provided by the institute:
|Diploma||Specializations: Instrumentation, Computer, Civil, Electronics & Tele-Communications, Mechanical, Electrical
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Must have passed secondary school certificate (SSC) Examination of Maharashtra state board of secondary School or equivalent examination of other boards with at least 35% aggregate marks.
Selection Criteria: Merit Basis
VESP, Mumbai Admissions
- Students aspiring to take admission into the college must have passed secondary school certificate (SSC) Examination of Maharashtra state board of the secondary school or equivalent examination of other boards with a minimum of 35% aggregate marks, the candidates should clear the passing marks in Mathematics and Science. Students can also take admission directly into the second year.
- For Direct 2nd year admission the candidate must have passed HSC Science or HSC (Bifocal/Technical) or HSC (Vocational/MCVC) Examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or SSC with 2 years duration ITI/ITI COE with 3 modules with appropriates specialization or its equivalent.
How to Apply?
- Apply online on the official website or collect the form from college.
- Fill the online application form and submit.
- Pay the required online fee as asked.
- Students have to submit the required documents to get admission into the college for the diploma in Engineering courses.
The following documents have to carried in their original states:
- 12th and 10th Mark sheets
- Transfer Certificate after the completion of HSC
- Community Certificate
- Conduct Certificate from the institution last studied
- Migration Certificate for other state students (CBSE/Intermediate)
- Nativity Certificate.
- Aadhaar Card copy
Read More: VESP Mumbai Reviews
VESP, Mumbai Placements
The institute has a dedicated training and placement cell which acts as a bridge between the students and the recruiters. Throughout the years the college has successfully been placing a good number of students to some of the reputed companies. The placement cell also provides internship opportunities for its students. Some of the prominent recruiters are:
|Hadwise Technology||Selec Control||Texas Instruments||Fujifilm India||Vertiv Energy||MicroLand Ltd.|
|Sterlite Technologies||Rivigo Logistics||Pla Electro||TOYO Engineering||Eker Solutions||Inditronics|
In the academic year 2018-19 13 students got placed. The students were given various roles such as, Service Engineer, Junior Design Engineer, Diploma Engg. Trainee, Technician etc. Salary packages offered in the 2018-19 placement cycle were:
- Highest salary package: INR 2.03 LPA
- Average salary package: INR 1.55 LPA
- Lowest salary package: INR 1.32 LPA
For the academic year 2018-19 the highest and the average package is reduced while there is an increase in the lowest package.
VESP, Mumbai Scholarships
There are various scholarships and free ships available for the students. Following are the scholarship opportunities which students can avail:
- Free ship for SC/ ST/ NT students.
- Scholarship for OBC students.
- Scholarship for Economically Backwards students.
- Scholarship for students belonging to the minority category.
- MSBTE scholarship for meritorious students.
Vivekanand Education Society’s Polytechnic Facilities
The institute has a very good infrastructure. Some of the important facilities provided by the institute are:
- Library: The institute has a spacious library which can accommodate 150 students at a time. The library has many technical books and periodicals besides daily newspapers and magazines. The library also has several numbers of audio-visuals and cassettes. The library also provides book bank facilities for the students scoring above 60% of marks.
- Laboratories: The institute has well equipped and well-designed laboratories with latest technologies, to conduct experiments and projects.
- Sports: The institute has a well-maintained playground for outdoor games such as Cricket, Football, Basketball etc. The institute also has a sports academy.
- Canteen: The institute has a canteen situated in the ground floor which caters some of the delicious cuisines to the students.
Vivekanand Education Society’s Polytechnic Faculty
The institute is having a number of well qualified and skilled faculties who cater the needs of the students the best. The faculties are having a great expertise in their educational area. The institute also sponsors the faculties to pursue higher qualification in order to hone their skills more.
VESP, Mumbai FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure of the courses at VESP Mumbai?
|Open Category||INR 67384|
Ques. Does the college have scope for co-curricular activities?
Ques. Who designs the curriculum for VESP Mumbai Diploma Courses?
Ques. What are the advantages of pursuing Diploma Engineering?
Ques. What is the stepwise process for online admission at VESP Mumbai?
- Buy Kit form FC
- Fill form upload documents
- Verify Documents at FC
- Check Merit
- Fill Option Form
- If a seat is allotted, then confirm the allotted seat at ARC.
- Submit documents & pay a fee at the allotted institute within the given time