Pearl Academy is established in 1993 is a globally renowned institution of higher learning with UG and PG courses that include design, fashion, media, and business. It is a private institution located in Bangalore.
The campuses have been offered affiliation from the Directorate of Distance Education, design, fashion, media, and business Jnana Bharathi Campus, and Bengaluru University, Bengaluru. Additionally, the institute also has 11-month weekdays professional programs in the same field.
The Academy has partnered with Amazon, Adobe, FDCI, and more to make students eligible for cutting-edge technologies. Furthermore, it also maintains academic and strategic collaborations with various organizations including Gems & Jewellery Skill Council of India Fashion Design Council of India.
The Academy requires its students to give in an entrance exam for enrolment in any of the courses. The exams are all conducted online and there are no negative markings in their examination process.
Pearl Academy, Bengaluru Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1993 | Private|
|Courses Offered||UG and PG Courses, Certificate Courses|
|Popular Courses||Design, Fashion, Media, And Business|
|Application Mode||Online/ Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test based|
|Top Recruiters||Walt Disney, Capgemini, Sony, Myntra, Ritu Kumar, BBC News, Pearl Global|
|Facilities Available||Library, Cafeteria, Medical, Wi-Fi, IT Infrastructure, Laboratories, Hostel|
Pearl Academy, Bengaluru Courses Offered
Pearl Academy, Bengaluru, offers undergraduate, postgraduate and certificate courses in the field of Design, Fashion, and Business. Tabulated below are the details of the courses offered:
|Specialization: Fashion Design, Fashion Styling & Creative Direction, Graphics & Communication Design, Interior Design, Fashion Communication, Product Design, Animation & VFX, Game Design, User Experience & Interaction Design
Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: Must have passed Class 12 examination or equivalent
|UG Pathway||Specialization: Fashion & Lifestyle Business Management, Global Luxury Brand Management, Journalism (Media & Communication), Advertising & Marketing, Digital & Social Media Marketing, Digital Business & Data Analytics
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Must have passed Class 12 examination or equivalent
|PG Pathway||Specialization: Fashion Design, Interior Design & Styling, Fashion Styling & Image Design, Fashion Business (Marketing & Merchandising), Luxury Brands, Graphics & Communication Design, Fashion Communication, Product Design, Journalism (Media & Communication), Entertainment (Media & Communication), User Experience & Interaction Design
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduation in any stream
Know More: Pearl Academy Bengaluru Courses Offered
Pearl Academy Bengaluru Admission Process
Admission to the courses offered at Pearl Academy, Bangalore is done on the basis of the PAF or NATA entrance examination followed by a personal interview.
- PAF Entrance Exam consists of General Proficiency Test (GPT) and Design Aptitude Test (DAT).
- Aspirants who have appeared for NATA 2020 are also eligible for admissions to Bachelors in Interior & Spatial Design/Bachelors in Product & Lifestyle Design courses.
How to Apply?
Applications can be submitted through both online and offline mode.
- Candidates are required to visit the official website of Pearl Academy @pearlacademy.com.
- The candidate should fill in all the necessary information such as personal details, education details, and any other information required by the Academy.
- Once the application is filed, the candidate must upload the photograph and other necessary documents.
- Submit the application form and take a printout of the same for future purposes.
Candidates shall visit the official website and download the application form. Fill in all the mandatory details and sent them via post at the administrative office.
- 10th, 12th Mark Sheets
- School Leaving Certificate
- Graduation Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Passport Size Photographs
Pearl Academy, Bengaluru Placements
Pearl Academy Bengaluru has a dedicated Training and Placement Cell which centrally handles all the placements organized on the campus. The Placement Cell works to developing links with possible recruiters. The academy has witnessed a success rate of 99% percentage in 2019.
Below are some of the key highlights of Pearl Academy Bengaluru placements:
- The highest salary package offered at Placements 2019 INR 14 LPA
- Some of the top recruiting companies include Walt Disney, Capgemini, Sony, Myntra, Ritu Kumar, BBC News, PearlGlobal, Colors, Dharma Productions, Aditya Birla Group, H&M, and more.
- Some of their industry partnerships include Amazon, Adobe, FDCI and Institute of Indian Interior Designers.
Read More: Pearl Academy Bengaluru Placement
Pearl Academy, Bengaluru Scholarships
Pearl Academy Bengaluru offers up to 100 percent scholarships to deserving students. Below are some of Pearl Academy’s scholarship schemes.
Merit-cum-Means Scholarships: Under this, partial tuition fees of the students are waived off. Below are the two categories that students are divided into:
- Category 1: 50% tuition fee waiver
- Category 2: 25% tuition fee waiver
Candidates applying for this scholarship are required to satisfy the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Parents’ annual income should be less than INR 8 LPA
- The student should have achieved a minimum of 55% marks in 12th
- The student should receive a good grade in the entrance exam
- First preference is given to students who have single parents
Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is only for merit-holding students progressing to L1, L2 and L3 of 4-year UG programs and second year of PG programs. Students should have scored a minimum of 70% marks in the previous exam at Pearl Academy. Partial tuition of around 60% is waived off for the current academic year.
Means Scholarship: The aim of this scholarship is to provide education to deserving students who come from weak economic backgrounds.
Below are the mentioned categories for the scholarship:
- Category 1: In total, 70% ttuition fee is waived off
- Category 2: In total, 50% tuition fee is waived off
Read More: Pearl Academy Bengaluru Scholarships
Pearl Academy, Bengaluru Facilities
The following are the facilities offered by the college to cater to the needs of the students as well as the faculty members:
- Classrooms: The Academy offers spacious classrooms that are built to provide space for activities and studies for their students.
- Library: The Academy has a fully stocked library for students’ educational purposes.
- Laboratories: As a part of their new learning system, the Academy is now offering laboratories for conducting creative workshops and activities.
- Medical: The Academy has two fully operational medical rooms in case of serious emergencies. The Academy also has a tie-up with a renowned hospital nearby, which offers additional help when required.
- Hostel: The Academy offers hostel facilities for its students with in-room amenities such as fully furnished AC rooms with beds and mattresses, study tables and washrooms with sanitary fittings. Additionally, self-help amenities such as laundry, ironing, dining area, water and medical facilities are provided. Three meals a day and entertainment TV are provided to the students.
- Other Facilities: Wi-Fi, Recreation Rooms, Cafeteria, etc.
Read More: Pearl Academy Bengaluru Hostel Facilities
Pearl Academy, Bengaluru Faculty
With a highly qualified faculty at Pearl Academy Bengaluru, it is committed to imparting strong educational foundations and values in the minds of aspiring students. The Academy at the 5 campuses has a total of 209 faculty members.
- School of Design: 60
- School of Fashion: 66
- School of Creative Business: 17
- School of Contemporary Media: 21
- School of Creative Practice: 29
- International Faculty: 16
Know More: Pearl Academy Bengaluru Faculty
Pearl Academy, Bengaluru FAQs
Ques. What career options do the Fashion Design course at Pearl Academy, Bangalore offer?
Ques. Does Pearl Academy refund the fees if I decide to withdraw my application?
Ques. Does the Pearl Academy, Bangalore accept partial fees to reserve a seat?
Ques. What are the selection criteria for any course offered at Pearl Academy, Bangalore?
Ques. What are the admission criteria of Pearl University, Bangalore for international students?