National Institute of Management (NIM) Durgapur is a branch of the National Institute of Technology in Durgapur. This institution is approved by the joint committee including UGC, DEC, AICTE under the ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India through the Punjab Technical University. The college offers UG courses, Pg courses, Diplomas, and certifications. Admission to these courses is merit-based. Applicants seeking admission to the institute may apply online. The institute is well equipped with all the facilities with the motive of providing premier experience and learning to their students.
NIM Durgapur Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2005 | Public|
|Approved by||University Grants Commission (UGC), Distance Education Bureau (DEC), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliation||Punjab Technical University|
|Facilities Available||The broadband facility, Wi-Fi connectivity, Virtual training, Labs, Computer systems, Laptop, Library.|
NIM Durgapur Courses
National Institute of Management Durgapur offers UG courses like BBA, BCA, and HM along with a PG course of MBA. The detailed description of the course name, duration, eligibility, and fees of the course are provided in the below table.
|BBA||The candidate applying for the BBA course must have passed 10th and 12th in school.||3 years|
|MBA||The candidate applying for the BBA course must have completed any one bachelor’s degree.||2 years|
|BCA||The candidate applying for the BCA course must have passed 10th and 12th in school.||3 years|
|HM||The candidate applying for the HM course must have passed 10th and 12th in school.||3 years|
NIM Durgapur Admissions
The admission process at the National Institute of Management is done through online mode. Admission to all the courses is merit-based. Interested and eligible candidates are required to submit their application form. The application form can be filled online by following the below - listed steps:
- Candidates are required to visit the college website and applicants can see the 'Online Application' head
- The application form will be open on your screen
- Fill all the required information such as name, father's name, and DOB
- Add the course you are seeking
- Add the required educational information
- Click on 'Submit' and after the successful submission Take a hardcopy of the application form for reference.
Following are the documents required at the time of admission:
- Photocopy of academic documents.
- Photocopy of student's valid ID proof for Aadhar card.
- Photocopy of photo ID.
- All these documents must be self-attested.
- 5 color passport size photos.
- An updated CV.
NIM Durgapur Placement
National Institute of Management Durgapur consists of a separate placement cell that provides placement assistance to the NIM students and other professionally qualified students across the globe. Various eminent companies like Parle, Bajaj, Aditya Birla, Land Rover, Nissan, Pepsi, Sahara, Toyota, and Volvo visit the placement program conducted by the NIM Durgapur and hire eligible candidates for their companies. The highest package offered to the students till now is INR 25 LPA and the average salary of the students is INR 18 LPA.
NIM Durgapur Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the National Institute of Management to cater to the needs of the students as well as faculty members:
- Broadband facility: The broadband facility is provided for all the desktop computers present in the NIM campus.
- Wi-Fi connectivity: Wi-Fi connectivity is given across the entire campus so that anyone can access the internet from anywhere using the laptop and mobile phones.
- Labs: Industrial oriented labs are present within the campus which helps the students to increase their practical knowledge.
- Laptop: Individual laptops are given to the students who undergo a master’s degree at free of cost which aids in the improvement of their studies.
- Library: NIM Durgapur has both the physical and digital library which keeps on adding various volumes of publications of local, national, and international journals for the students’ reference.
NIM Durgapur FAQs
Ques. Can the candidates who cleared the CAT examination can apply?
Ans. If the candidate has cleared the CAT examination, it is preferable at the time of admission. But, there is no need of writing any entrance exam for admission as it is not compulsory.
Ques. Whether an accommodation is provided for students in NIM Durgapur?
Ans. No, accommodation or hostel facility is not provided for the students.
Ques. Does any science stream is offered in the NIM Durgapur?
Ans. No, the National Institute of Management Durgapur does not offer the science stream. It offers only management related studies.
Ques. Does the college have an offline application mode?
Ans. No, the college does not accept applications offline. You are required to fill and submit an online form for the desired course through their official website.
Ques. Does the college offer any diploma or certification course?
Ans. Yes, the college offers diploma and certification courses in Hotel Management.