Ambaba Commerce College, Maniba Institute of Business Management, Deviba Institute of Computer Application is a self-financed college in Surat, Gujarat. The institution was established in 2004.
The college is affiliated to The Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat which is a NAAC accredited university with an ‘A’ grade. Along with Ambaba Commerce College, Maniba Institute of Business Management, Deviba Institute of Computer Application, 60 grant-in-aid colleges, 285 self-financed colleges, and 100 post-graduate colleges are also affiliated to The Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat.
The college only offers undergraduate courses such as Bachelors of Commerce(B.Com), Bachelor of Business Administration(BBA), and Bachelor of Computer Applications(BCA). Admissions are offered on the basis of marks obtained in previous examinations.
Ambaba Commerce College Highlights
|Affiliated to||The Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat|
|Campus Area||6 Acres|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate Courses|
|Facilities available||Library, Hostel, Transport, Sports Club, Canteen|
|Top Recruiters||Bell ceramic, Amway, JCBL, IIFL|
Ambaba Commerce College Courses Offered
Ambaba Commerce College offers undergraduate courses.
Tabulated below are the details of the same:
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)||Duration - 3 years
Eligibility - A candidate who has passed the 12th standard from Gujarat Higher Secondary Education Board or any other board equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
Selection Criteria - Merit-based
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)||Duration - 3 years
Eligibility - A candidate who has passed the 12th board examination from the Gujarat Higher Secondary Education Board or any other equivalent board with English subject and a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
Selection Criteria - Merit-based
|Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)||Duration - 3 years
Eligibility - A candidate who has passed the 12th board examination in science from the Gujarat Higher Secondary Education Board or any other equivalent board with English, and anyone subject (Business Maths or Economics or Statistics) with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
Selection Criteria - Merit-based
Ambaba Commerce College Admissions
Admissions at Ambaba Commerce College are offered only on the basis of marks obtained in previous examinations. The admission process is entirely done online.
How to apply?
- Candidates have to visit the main website of The Veer Narmad South Gujarat University website. The University is responsible for the admission process of all the colleges that are affiliated with the main University.
- On the website, you can see the option ‘APPLY ONLINE’. After clicking on it, a new window will appear where you can start the admission process.
- Click on ‘APPLY NOW’ if you’re a new user.
- Fill in the details
- After submitting the form, your User ID and Password will be sent to your mobile number and E-mail id.
- Candidates after receiving their login credentials, have to sign-in and fill in the remaining important information.
- Fill in your personal and academic details.
- Students have to upload the below-mentioned documents:
- Candidates, then have to choose their preferred District first. Minimum 7 colleges should be added as per your choice. Click on ‘Save and next’.
- Lastly, click on ‘Agree to terms and condition’ and submit the application form
- Initiate the online payment process. After payment, the process is completed.
- Take a print out of the form for future use.
The application fee is Rs 200/- which is non-refundable. The payment can be done through Credit card, Debit card, and net banking.
After the completion of the application process, the university releases merit lists of all categories. Students have to then visit their respective colleges for document verification.
Ambaba Commerce College: Reservation of Seats
|Socially and Economically backward classes(SEBC)||27%|
|Economically Weaker Section(EWS)||10%|
|The quota for candidates of other boards||10%|
|Kashmiri Migrant students||2 seats per college/programme/course|
|Sports quota||20 seats per college|
|In-serviceman or Ex-serviceman||1%|
Note: Students of Gujarat state are only eligible for the reservation quota and the students of the other states have to get the caste certificate of Gujarat state from an authorized state.
|Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com)(3 years)||Median(Gujarati) - 625
Median(English) - 625
|Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com Honours)(3 years)|
|Bachelor of Business Administration(BBA)||75|
|Bachelor of Computer Applications(BCA)||75|
Ambaba Commerce College Placements
Ambaba Commerce College has excellent placement services. Every year many companies come to the college for the recruitment process and some of the top recruiters are Blue-star, Bell ceramics, Bharti group, Dainik Jagran, IIFL, Apollo healthcare, JCBL, HPCL, Yatra Online Pvt. Ltd., Amway, and more.
Read more: Ambaba Commerce College Placement
Ambaba Commerce College Scholarships
The government of the Gujarat state offers many scholarships to the students of scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, minorities, and other reserved categories who face problems in terms of fees. Following are the scholarships offered to the students:
- Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC students: Students studying from class 11th to postgraduate level from the OBC category whose family income is less than 1 lakh are eligible for this scholarship. Students will get Rs 750/- per month.
- Legislatures Assistants to Members of Parliament(LAMP) Fellowship: Bachelor’s degree holders get the opportunity to be mentored by a member of Parliament for 10 or 11 months and get to interact with people from different sectors and receive a stipend of Rs 20000/- per month.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for Scheduled Castes students: A certain amount will be offered per month to students of the weaker sections of Gujarat.
- Sitaram Jindal Scholarship Scheme: Students from weaker sections with a good percentage from the 11th class till the post-graduation level will be offered Rs 2000/-.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities: Students from the minority category with family income less than 2 lakhs are eligible for Rs 10000/- to Rs 1200/- per month
- Fellowship Scheme: The government of Gujarat offers this scholarship to students of SC/ST/SEBC and other categories with family income less than Rs 2,00,000 studying in class 11th to postgraduate level. Students at the graduate level will receive Rs 3000/- per month.
- War concession Scheme: The Department of Social justice and Empowerment, Government of Gujarat offers fee concession to children of martyred soldiers.
Ambaba Commerce College Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the institute to cater to the need of the students and the faculty members:
- Classrooms: The classrooms are well-equipped with modern facilities like audiovisual, ICT facilities, benches, and tables
- Computer Lab: The institution has 3 Computer labs in total with 225 computers are available for students to use and do their assignments. Wi-Fi Facilities are also available in the lab.
- Playground: The playground is used for Cricket, Volleyball, basketball, and other games. A big multipurpose auditorium named Sanjay Smruti Bhavan is used for playing games like Badminton and Table-Tennis.
- Library: Each department has its own library which has Textbooks, Reference books, Journals, and magazines of that specific subject. 14532 books are of B.com course,2712 books are of BBA course and 3558 books are of BCA course in the library.
- Canteen The institution also has a canteen on campus which is responsible for giving nutritious meals to students during college hours.
- Other facilities available are:
- Medical facilities
- Drinking water
- Audiovisual Auditorium
- Internet facilities
- CCTV cameras
- Railway concession facility
- Grievance cell
Ambaba Commerce College Faculty
The faculty members of Arignar Anna Government Arts College are professionals and specialists in their respective departments. The staff tries their best to provide quality higher education to all the students.
Other faculty members are working in the following position:
- Assistant Professor - 23
- Librarian - 2
Out of the total, 11 teachers are M.phil holders and 6 are Ph.D. holders.
Read more: Ambaba Commerce College Faculty
Ambaba Commerce College FAQs
Ques. What is the mode of Application?
Ques. What is the fee structure of the Bachelor of Commerce(B.com) Course?
- Admission fee which is to pay only once
- Book & Equipment fee
- Amenities fee
- Internal Exam fee
- College Deposit
- Library Deposit
- Students Teachers’ Welfare Activities fee
Ques. What are the documents required for getting a scholarship?
- Caste certificate issued by an authorized officer
- Aadhar card
- Bank passbook(First page)
- Fee receipt of course
- Income certificate issued by an authorized officer
- College current year bonafide Certificate
Ques. What subjects are taught in the 1st year of Bachelor of Computer Applications Course?
- Semester 1 - Communication Skills, Mathematics, Introduction to Computer, Computer Programming & Programming Methodology, Office automation tools, and Practicals
- Semester 2 - Organization structure & behavior, Financial Accounting, Introduction to Operation System, Advanced ‘C’ Programming, DBMS and practicals
Ques. How are the facilities of the Institute?