Government Polytechnic Hiriyur (GPH) is located in the Hiriyur town of the Chitradurga district of State Karnataka. It is found to affiliated with the Department of Collegiate and Technical Education, Bangalore. There are 4 diploma courses offered by the institution in the domain of Engineering and Technology and which are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. Anyone who is looking forward to admission in the institution must have passed the Karnataka SSLC or equivalent exams by scoring at least 35% of marks.
Check GPH Chitradurga Reviews
GPH Chitradurga Highlights
|Established | Institution type||2008 | Public|
|Affiliation||Department of Collegiate and Technical Education, Bangalore|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi|
|Courses offered||Engineering Diploma Courses|
|Total number of faculties||33|
|Total number of students||470|
|Facilities||Library, Workshop, Sports, Engineering Laboratories, Cafeteria, and Medical/First Aid, etc.|
|Campus Area||5 Acres|
GPH Chitradurga Courses
Government Polytechnic Hiriyur offers Diploma courses under the following mentioned specializations:
|Computer Science, Mechanical, Civil, and Electronics and Communication Engineering||Karnataka SSLC passed or passing equivalent exams with at least 35% qualifying marks and must compulsorily be a citizen of India.||3 years|
Read More GPH Chitradurga Courses and Fees
GPH Chitradurga Admission
All the candidates who have passed their 10th standard from CBSE or ICSE board or any other state board must submit an Eligibility Certificate procured from Secretary, Board of Technical Examinations during the online application submission as well as at the time of verification of documents.
The institute also offers the provision of lateral entry into the second year of the Diploma course to the 12th passed out candidates. The eligibility criteria for the candidates seeking lateral entry are as follows:
- The candidates must have cleared their HSC or equivalent examination by obtaining 35% marks in total and alternatively, they might pass in a 3-years JTS or 2-years ITI course that comes under the recognition of Government of Karnataka.
The enrolment to the Diploma Courses is mediated by the Directorate. The Directorate issues an advertisement in the newspaper about the admission opening.
- The advertisement usually appears in the newspaper after the announcement of the 10th board results. The time duration around which the advertisement appears is between the last weeks of April till the first week of May.
- Apart from the newspaper, the advertisement also appears on the Directorate’s websites.
- Visit www.dte.kar.nic.in or www.kea.kar.nic.in since the online applications can be initiated in both of it.
- Download the Application form along with the Information Brochure from the above-mentioned websites.
- The application form must be filled very carefully and submitted along with the mentioned required documents to the institute campus by visiting it.
- Upon the verification of the documents, the candidates will be admitted to their respective courses.
- Pay the fees and get admitted when the classes for the first year starts usually.
Read More GPH Chitradurga Admission
GPH Chitradurga Placements
The college has a separate placement cell that actively looks after the pre-placement training for all the final year diploma course pursuing students. The placement cell also reaches out to several companies and as a result, the college was able to witness an increase in the placement of their students in the last few years. The following companies have recently participated in the placement drive of Government Polytechnic Hiriyur:
- B.E.L, Bangalore
- Toyota Kirloskar, Bangalore
- L&T Komatsu Ltd., Bangalore
- Tractors and Farm Equipment Ltd., Bangalore
- Bajaj Motors, Pune
- B.H.E.L, Bangalore
- Anand Group of Companies, Pune
- John Deere, Pune
- TATA Autocomp Systems Ltd. Pune
Read More GPH Chitradurga Placement
GPH Chitradurga Facilities
The following facilities are offered by the college to their students:
- Library- The College library contains books and journals for every branch along with a calm environment for students to grasp knowledge without any disturbances.
- Computer Lab- The computer labs are mainly built for computer science students with the capacity of around 25 desktop computers with up-to-date configurations. However, other diploma specialized students can use it as per their needs.
- Engineering Labs- The college has engineering labs for each department such as CS lab for the students of Computer Science, EC lab for the students of Electronics and Communication, CE lab for Civil Engineering students, and ME lab for Mechanical Engineering students. These labs are meant for the students to perform experiments related to their coursework.
- Sports Space- The College hosts several sports tournaments in its campus itself for the students on National Sports Day. Playing sports is an integral part of staying fit and these tournaments organized by the college makes sure that the student’s overall well-being is taken care of.
GPH Chitradurga Faculty
The college has a team of 33 dedicated faculty members whose prime objective is to provide an outstanding technical education to their students. They make sure that each candidate gather the technical expertise needed to get well-placed in the society.
Read More GPH Chitradurga Faculty
GPH Chitradurga FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure for the Diploma courses for general category students at GPH Chitradurga?
Ques. Does GPH Chitradurga encourage its student to participate in any of the community services?
Ques. Is GPH Chitradurga ragging free?
Ques. Who should the students reach out at GPH Chitradurga if they have any complaints?
Ques. How does GPH Chitradurga contribute to the personality development of students?