Assam Engineering Institute [AEI] is a prestigious institute established in the year 1948. The institution is affiliated and maintained by the State Council for Technical Education for the Assam state. It is one of the oldest institutes in Northeast providing quality technical education. Presently, it is running a Diploma in engineering programs across 6 disciplines. AIE Guwahati has outstanding infrastructural facilities for a better learning environment.
Assam Engineering Institute Highlights
|Affiliation||Assam State Council for Technical Education|
|Mode of application||Online|
Assam Engineering Institute Courses
AEI Guwahati offers 3-year diploma programs across 6 specializations in the engineering discipline as follows:
|Diploma in Engineering)||Mechanical Engineering||10th or equivalent with 40% marks in Science and Maths|
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering|
|Computer Science Engineering|
Read more: Assam Engineering Institute Courses and fees
Assam Engineering Institute Admission
Candidates seeking admission to the courses need to appear in Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT). Applications are invited online through the website of Directorate of Technical Education, Assam. Selection is done based on the performance of the candidates on the entrance test.
- Visit the official site of the DTE, Assam
- Click on the ‘Online Application for PAT 2020’
- Fill up the form of application
- Upload scanned signature and photograph
- Save the form by clicking on submit
- Pay the application fee through debit card/ credit card/ SBI challan
Read more Assam Engineering Institute Admission
Assam Engineering Institute facilities
The facilities available in the institute are mentioned below:
- Library: Around 250 square meters have been allocated to host the books of over 24,000 books. The library has subscriptions to 14 journals, 12 newspapers to enrich the skills of the students. It also contains services to improve the students’ knowledge through current affairs material and web connectivity.
- Post office: A separate sub-post office is established within the campus to avoid the unwanted delays in posting the mails by the students/college administration.
- Laboratory: Six separate computer laboratories have been allocated for 6 branches available under the diploma courses. High-speed broadband connectivity has been enabled for the faster surfing of the web to gain knowledge.
- Staff Accommodation: Accommodation for outside state/district staff is being offered by Assam Engineering Institute, Guwahati to reduce the costs of its staff.
- Hostel: Around 70% of students benefit from the hostel facility offered by Assam Engineering Institute, Guwahati. A nominal charge of 540 INR is being charged towards the hostel admission.
Read more: Assam Engineering Institute Hostel
Assam Engineering Institute FAQs
Ques: Can I apply for PAT offline?
Ans: You can apply only through online mode. No, other means of application are there
Ques: Are there any reservation in seats for admission?
Ans: The seats in various courses are allocated on the basis of communal reservation as directed by the Government of Assam. The communal reservation followed is at least 30% percentage for General candidates and at least 10% for OBC (Non-Creamy), SC, and ST all together.
Ques: What is the intake capacity for Diploma in Computer Engineering?
Ans: There are 40 seats in total for Diploma in Computer Engineering
Ques: How are the placements at AEI Guwahati?
Ans: The placements are quite good. Students get placements with satisfactory salary packages in IT companies, refinery, etc.
Ques: Which course is popular at Assam Engineering Institute?
Ans: Diploma in Civil Engineering is the popular courses here at Assam Engineering Institute with a peak intake capacity of 90 seats.
Ques: How one can contact the AEI, Guwahati?
Ans: Any Enquires/Queries are welcome at 0361- 2550852.