Government Polytechnic College (GPC), Perinthalmanna is a Govt institution established in the year 1961 to provide quality technical education. The institution which is located at Angadippuram in Perinthalmanna Taluk, Malappuram District and is spread across 8.73 hectares, was established under Directorate of Technical Education, Govt of Kerala and is approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
The college offers diploma programs in engineering in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics and Electronics disciplines. The institute offers diploma programs in the above fields both in full time mode as well as part time mode.
GPC Perinthalmanna Highlights
|Established | Type of Institute||1961 | Government Institution|
|Courses Offered||Diploma courses across 4 streams (Full-Time and Part-Time)|
GPC Perinthalmanna Courses
The college offers Diploma across four disciplines. Apart from regular courses, the institute also offers add on courses and vocational courses. The diploma courses offered are discussed with reference to the Specialization and Eligibility in the following table:
|Diploma in Engineering (Full-Time)||Civil||SSLC certificate/ 10th pass certificate from any recognized board of study.|
|Electrical and Electronics|
|Diploma in Engineering (Part-Time)||Civil|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
Read more GPC Perinthalmanna Courses and Fees
GPC Perinthalmanna Admission
Admission to 3-year Diploma courses in the above-mentioned disciplines is purely based on merit. Students desirous of getting admission into any of these courses must be 10th / SSLC passed from a recognized board or council. The admission process is online based.
- Link to common Online Admission for Polytechnic Colleges is available in the right-hand side of the institute’s official website (https://www.gptcperinthalmanna.in/)
- Click the Single Window Admission Polytechnic Colleges
- The link redirects to the website http://www.polyadmission.org/index.php?r=site%2Fhome and press ‘Institute Login’ link available in the left hand side pane of the page
- User will be redirected to another page where he needs to select ‘Government Polytechnic College Perinthalmanna’ from the dropdown
- Enter username and password of the institution in the desired fields
- Press the ‘Login’ button
- User will be redirected to the Admission process where he needs to fill necessary details of individual candidates
- Final selection of candidates is based on marks secured in 10th.
Read more GPC Perinthalmanna Admission
GPC Perinthalmanna Placements
Perinthalmanna Polytechnic College takes utmost care for placements of its students. The institute has a separate placement officer (Vivek. K) who initiates training in soft skills, communication skills, group discussion, interview techniques, leadership qualities and team work. The placement cell offers internships and In-plant training. Besides the institute encourages visiting faculty program to help students gather knowledge on prevailing industry practices and latest trends in the academic world. Some of the recruiters of this university are listed below:
- L & T Technology Services
- Sterlite Power and many more.
Read more GPC Perinthalmanna Placement
GPC Perinthalmanna Facilities
Facilities imparted by the institution are as follows:
- Library- The institute has a library with huge collection of books, periodicals, journals, CDs, non-book materials and magazines. The library has the following modern amenities and resources in it as follows: one CDs, DVDs, E-journals, and patents, etc. in addition to the usual collection of books. This library is especially beneficial to students belonging to the underprivileged section who cannot afford to buy text books other books of their interest.
- Hostels- The institute offers hostel facility for students who have their native places far away from the institute and cannot commute to the institute from their place of residence. All hostels are well built, clean and provide hygienic food. Besides hostels have round the clock electric and water supply.
- Laboratories/Computer Centre- Laboratories in the Institute are well-maintained with modern equipment and gadgets to aid students to master the skills practically. Laboratories are maintained and monitored by laboratory assistants. Besides the institute has a computer centre equipped with 25 desktop computers with 10 KVA-UPS, Printer, DLP, and Design software, etc. Computer aided designing and computer aided drawing/drafting is available in Computer Aided Drafting Lab, Mechanical CAD Lab, Electrical Computer Aided Drafting Lab. Besides programming in computer is provided in the Programming in C Lab and hardware and networking related training is provided in Computer Hardware and Networking Lab.
- Sports Facility- The College provides various sports facilities to the students to enhance their physical, social, mental, and emotional capabilities. The institute has a Badminton team which participates in intra college and inter college Badminton tournaments and win prizes.
- Auditorium- The institute has a air conditioned auditorium equipped with state of the art technology where frequent cultural activities and student & faculty felicitation activities are carried out.
- Medical Facility- The institute has a medical room provided with a full-time doctor along with supply of medicines and first aid equipment. Both students and faculties are eligible to avail medical facility in times of need.
Read more GPC Perinthalmanna Hostel
GPC Perinthalmanna FAQs
Ques. Does GPC Perinthalmanna provide scholarship?
Ques. Does GPC Perinthalmanna provide a hostel?
Ques. How are the faculties of GPC Perinthalmanna?
Ques. What is the intake capacity for individual streams in the Diploma program at GPC Perinthalmanna?
Ques. Any waiver in the tuition fee can be availed at GPC Perinthalmanna?