Located in Ranchi, Church Road, The Government Polytechnic Campus is one of the oldest and most popular colleges established in 1935. The College offers Diploma courses in the field of Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Communication. The admission is done on the basis of the PECE Examination conducted by the JCECE Board. Aspirants can apply by visiting the official site of the college and filling out the admission form.
Government Polytechnic Ranchi Highlights
|Established | Type||1935 | Public|
|Total Courses||5 courses across 2 streams|
|Application Mode||Online/ Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
Government Polytechnic Ranchi Courses
Government Polytechnic Ranchi provides different Diploma courses programs under different specializations such as Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics, and Communication Engineering. Below are the eligibility criteria and other details of the courses offered by the institute.
|Diploma||Specializations: Civil, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics and Communication, and Mechanical
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility Criteria: 10th pass with minimum 35% marks in Science and Math.
Selection Criteria: Entrance-Based (PECE)
Government Polytechnic Ranchi Admission
Government Polytechnic, Ranchi offers the candidate wide options of Diploma courses. Interested candidates can apply both online and offline. The selection process is based on a merit basis.
How To Apply?
Interested Candidates can apply by the following steps given below.
- Students who are willing to apply for the online admission process, they can visit the college official website and fill out the admission form according to the given guidelines.
- Those who want to follow up on the offline admission process can visit the college and fill out the admission form.
- After filling out the admission form, interested candidates are required to make their payment via cheque/ D.D or online means to confirm their enrollment.
- Soon after the successful submission of the Admission form and application fee, students will receive a confirmation mail followed by information about the date of the commencement date of the program.
Government Polytechnic Ranchi Scholarship
To help put those who are in need, the Government Polytechnic College of Rachi offers students the facility of scholarship with the help of the Welfare Department.
The scholarships are available for ST/ SC and OBC students. Students can fill out the scholarship form by visiting the official website of the college and upload the following documents to confirm their registration: Income certificate, Residential certificate, Cast certificate, Bonafide certificate, Mark sheet certificate, and Hard copy of the online application form.
Government Polytechnic Ranchi Facilities
- Campus: The Government Polytechnic institute is situated in a green area of the city, providing students a beautiful environment. The infrastructure and design of the college interior are aesthetically pleasing. The college hosts different curriculum activities every year for its students like Sports and Games, Seminars, Debates, Cultural programs, and many more. With the help of high technologies and essential services, the college keeps the students up to date with the latest trends and practical knowledge of their fields.
- Library: GP Rachi has its library that provides students with valuable resources and knowledge about their respective fields. There are a total of 10,000+ books that cover a vast variety of subjects. The library remains open from Monday to Saturday to provide the best possible services to its users.
- Hostel Facilities: The college offers separate hostel facilities to girls and boys that include Vishweshwaraiya Boys Hostel, Bhaba Boys Hostel, and Kalpana Chawla Girls Hostel. To get yourself enrolled in their hostel, students have to fill out the form and pay the respective fee that includes essential facilities, and food. There is a minimum of 100 beds available in each hostel, offering students a comfortable stay.
Government Polytechnic Ranchi FAQs
Ques. How can I find the address and contact details of the Government Polytechnic Ranchi?
Ans. Here’s the Address of the college: Government Polytechnic, Ranchi, Bahu Bazaar, Church Road, Ranchi 834001, Jharkhand – INDIA.
For more details or query, students can also call the official number of the college or write your query via mail on the given details: 0651-23512990 email@example.com
Ques. What documents do I need for the admission in Diploma course at Government Polytechnic Ranchi?
- 5 copies of color passport size photograph of size 4*6.
- Original copy of DLCECE rank card
- DLCECE Admit Card
- Seat allotment certificate from.
- Original migration certificate in case of candidate having passed from a board other than JAC
- Age proof Certificate.
- Matriculation pass certificate and mark sheet
- Medical fitness certificate obtained from the medical center authorized by the institute
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Character certificate in original from the head of the institution last attended
- Income proof.
Ques. Does Government Polytechnic Ranchi provide placement?
Ques. What is the fee for Diploma Courses at Government Polytechnic Ranchi?
Ques. What is the intake capacity of all Courses at Government Polytechnic Ranchi?