Government ITI Kalyani is a private institute situated in Nadia, West Bengal. It was established in 1969 under the Directorate of Industrial Training, Department of Technical Education and Training, Govt. of West Bengal and has covered nearly 23 acres of land.
Government Industrial Training Institute Kalyani offers certificate courses across 18 specializations. All these programs are full time and 2 years. Admissions are both merit and entrance based or Interview followed by counselling. To apply for any of the programs, applications are available online also.
Government ITI Kalyani, Nadia Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1969 | Government|
|Courses offered||Certificate Courses|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Campus Area||23 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, IT Lab, Sports|
|Official Website||Govt ITI Kalyani|
Government ITI Kalyani, Nadia Courses
Government Industrial Training Institute Kalyani offers 18 certificate courses. Below mentioned are the course details:
|Certificate Course||Machinist||2 Years||Aspirants must have passed 10th from a recognized institute or board||Merit based|
|Motor Mechanic Vehicle|
|Mechanic Refrigeration and Air Condition|
|Wireman||Aspirants must have passed 8th from a recognized institute or board||CET|
|Mechanic Diesel Engine||Aspirants must have passed 10th from a recognized institute or board||Merit based|
|Welder (G & E)|
|Computer Operator and Programming Assistant (COPA)|
|Plastic Processing Operator (PPO)|
Government ITI Kalyani, Nadia Admissions
- Admission will be done on the basis of percentage of marks in qualifying exam from a recognized institute or board for 10th pass candidates.
- Admission will also be done on the basis of the CET entrance exam for 8th pass candidates.
- Candidates may also have to clear the Interview round.
How to Apply?
Candidates can also apply offline for admissions at Government Industrial Training Institute Kalyani.
The steps for the Online Mode have been provided below:
- Visit the GITIK official website.
- In the Trainees tab. Click on the “Application Format”.
- Candidates can see a link website for applying there which is mentioned in the table.
- Click on the link provided. A new page will appear.
- Apply for the course you are interested in.
- Provide all the necessary details.
- Pay the required fees and click submit.
Government ITI Kalyani, Nadia Placements
ITI qualified candidates can apply for jobs in either the private or public sectors depending on the trades they are equipped with. Institute has some Institute Linkages which also provides placement opportunities. Some of them are Samsung India Electronics Private Ltd, Bharat Engineers Cooperative Society Ltd, Techno Engineering etc.
Government ITI Kalyani, Nadia Scholarships
Some Scholarships which are given to the Candidates are given below:
- Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS
- Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities.
- National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students - Scholarship
- National Means Cum Merit Scholarship
Government ITI Kalyani, Nadia Facilities
The Institute provides almost every basic facility to the students as well as to the faculty of teachers to enhance their experience and knowledge. Some of the major facilities are as follows:
- Library: The Institute Library has a collection of about six hundred books. The Institute also subscribes to a number of journals and periodicals which are on display in the Library. Borrowing of books and reading facilities are available in the library.
- IT Labs: There are a number of IT Labs in Government Industrial Training Institute Kalyani which are upgraded and give much Knowledge to the Candidates.
- Games and Sports: Government Industrial Training Institute Kalyani has sports facilities for all students. The students can play any sport such as volleyball, badminton.
- Extracurricular Activities: There are many Extracurricular Activities in Government Industrial Training Institute Kalyani such as Hemophilia Blood Test campaigning and Arsenic-free water by Solar Power.
Government ITI Kalyani, Nadia Faculty
The faculty members are highly experienced who favors and supports the students. With their experience and knowledge, students are having a chance of getting the best placement. Faculty members also provide practical as well as theoretical knowledge which prepares a student to be industry-ready.
- Principal: Sri Subhanker Mallick
- Technical Staff: 52
- Administrative Staff: 5
- Non-Teaching Staff: 38
Government ITI Kalyani, Nadia FAQs
Ques. What are the different workshops held in GITIK?
Ans. The workshops held in GITIK are Intensive Motivational Campaign by MSME, Government of India Special Training Programme for the girl trainee by MSME, Government of India Entrepreneurship Development Programme by MSME.
Ques. What are the Placements of Government Industrial Training Institute Kalyani?
Ans. The placements are to create a database of all final year students, counselling the students on career guidance and to prepare them through mock interviews, to visit the industry houses for necessary exposure, to conduct campus interviews for the students and to arrange Workshop/Seminar.
Ques. Does the Government Industrial Training Institute Kalyani have its own library?
Ans. Yes, the college has its own library. The Institute Library has a collection of about six hundred books. The Institute also subscribes to a number of journals and periodicals which are on display in the library. Borrowing of books and reading facilities are available in the library.
Ques. What is the fee structure of all the Courses in Government Industrial Training Institute Kalyani?
Ans. TheCourses which are of only one Year have INR 5,605. The courses are of two years, their first year fees is INR 5,605 and the second year fees is INR 5,360.