Government Polytechnic College Ambala was established in 1929. It is affiliated to the Haryana State Board of Technical Education and has been approved by AICTE and DTE Haryana Govt. It offers Diploma programs across nine specializations under the guidance of experienced faculties. The college has an Industry Institute Interaction cell to keep contact with the industries to arrange apprenticeship training and placement opportunities for the students.
Government Polytechnic College Ambala Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1929 | Public|
|Affiliated to||HSBTE, Panchkula|
|Facilities Available||Sports, Women Cell, Workshops|
Government Polytechnic College Ambala Courses
The college offers Diploma programs across nine disciplines. Candidates also can apply for Lateral Entry in the 2nd year. The following table depicts the details of the courses in brief:
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
Government Polytechnic College Ambala Admission
Admissions to Diploma should be on the basis of merit obtained by the candidates on their secondary examination or equivalent.
- Visit the official website- www.onlinetesthry.gov.in to register.
- The online portal for online registration shall open as per the schedule.
- Duly fill in the personal details, communication details, and all the required information. Opt for the desired course.
- Upload all the necessary documents, photograph, and signature.
- Note down the unique application number generated on submitting the application form. Also retain a copy of the application form.
- Next, make the required payment of Rs. 500/- for General Category and Rs. 200/- for all Reserved Categories via debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net banking.
- Admission is done through online counselling on the web portal www.tehadmissions.gov.in. On acceptance of the allotted seat after 1st and 2nd counselling, the candidate must report online to the allotted institute.
Government Polytechnic College Ambala Placement
Government Polytechnic College has an Industry institute interaction cell which is coordinated by the training & placement officer under the guidance of the Principal. It is responsible for establishing contact with leading firms and establishments for placements through the on-campus process.
- The placement season in the year 2019-20 was an excellent one.
- A large number of companies visited the campus for recruitment. 220 students were placed.
- There was an increase in the total students placed as compared to the session of 2018-19 wherein 185 students were placed.
Some of the recruiters are ISGEC Yamunanagar, Godrej & Boyce, Kandhari Beverages, Indo Farm, Keihin, DCM Engineering Product Ltd, JBM Auto System, Micro tuner, Jindal Stainless Ltd, Saint Gobain, Luminous, Coca Cola, Subros, Asian Fine Cements, Bajaj Auto, Dalton, A Time of India and many more.
Government Polytechnic College Ambala Scholarship
To help the Scheduled Castes and Minority students several financial supports and motivational schemes have been introduced.
- Post Matric Scholarship of Govt. of India (GOI) for SC students: This scheme shall have a ceiling of 40% of total filled seats in any course. Those whose annual parental income from all sources is up to Rs. 2.5 lakhs shall be eligible. Aadhar Number/ UID no. of the candidate is a must for claiming the scholarship. Candidate must have 70% attendance and must appear in at least one theory paper.
- SCSP Scheme of Haryana Govt. for SC students: Only those students who are admitted through Central Counselling conducted by HSTES and those whose Annual parental income from all sources is from Rs. 2.5 lakhs to Rs. 3.50 lakhs shall be eligible. Aadhar Number/ UID no. of the candidate is a must for claiming the scholarship. Candidate must have 70% attendance and must appear in at least one theory paper. For Diploma courses, tuition fees, or Rs. 20000/- whichever is less shall be reimbursed while for UG/ PG courses, tuition fee, or Rs. 40000/- whichever is less shall be reimbursed.
- Post Matric Scholarship for Minorities Diploma Students: This scholarship is for those diploma course students whose annual parent/ guardian income from all sources is Rs. 2 lacs and have secured at least 50% marks in the previous final examination. A 30% scholarship shall be earmarked for girl students.
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship for UG/ PG Students: This scholarship is for the students pursuing UG/ PG Technical and Professional Courses from recognized institutions whose annual parent/ guardian income from all sources is up to Rs. 2.5 lakhs and continuation of this scheme in the subsequent year shall depend on the successful completion of the course in the preceding year.
- Reimbursement of State Transport Facilities/ Train Pass: This scheme is for all scheduled caste students of Diploma/ UG/ PG level of Technical Courses having Adhar/ UID number. Scheduled castes students residing in campus hostels shall not be eligible for this benefit.
Government Polytechnic College Ambala Facilities
- Sports- The College organizes several sports activities including Annual Athletic Meet, participation in Inter- Polytechnic tournaments, etc. Competitions for games/ sports are held regularly by the institute. The sports include Badminton, Table Tennis, Football, Basketball, Cricket, Handball, Hockey, Kabaddi, Volleyball, and Athletics (Races, Jumps, Throws, etc.)
- Library- Like every institute, this college also has a library with a good collection of technical and professional books and e-learning resources. A reading room is also there where the students can prepare their studies peacefully
- Hostel-There are good hostel facilities for the students. Students residing at the hostel must follow the rules and regulations.
- Women Cell- To address the issues related to girl students and women staff members in the institute, a Women Cell was constituted in the institute. Various seminars and lectures are organized to raise awareness.
- Workshop- Well equipped with modern machinery and equipment, the workshop at the College has CNC, Machine Shop, Turning Shop, Welding Shop, Painting Shop, Fitting Shop, Foundry Shop, Carpentry Shop, Sheet Metal, and Electroplating section.
Government Polytechnic College Ambala FAQs
Ques. Does Government Polytechnic College Ambala offer admissions in the 2nd year?
Ques. What is the eligibility and selection criterion for taking admission in Diploma Engineering Lateral Entry at Government Polytechnic College Ambala?
Ques. How are the faculties at Government Polytechnic College Ambala?
Ques. What is the admission fee at Government Polytechnic College Ambala?
Ques. What can be done in case one enters incorrect information during registration at Government Polytechnic College Ambala?