Government Polytechnic Sonipat, established in 1951, is located in Sonipat, Haryana. The institute offers Diploma courses in 8 specializations. Admissions to all the courses are on the basis of merit achieved in the qualifying examination. Counseling is conducted by the HSTES for all the Government Polytechnic colleges in Haryana. The eligibility for the courses is 10th pass. The top recruiters of the institute include TATA Motors, L&T, Bajaj Auto, Mahindra and Mahindra, and many more.
Government Polytechnic Sonipat Highlights
|Established | Type||1951 | Public|
|Eligibility Criteria||10th Pass|
|Top Recruiters||TATA Motors, L&T, Bajaj Auto, and Mahindra, etc.|
|Facilities||Hostel, Library, Sports, Auditorium, etc.|
Government Polytechnic Sonipat Courses
Government Polytechnic Sonipat offers Diploma courses in 8 specializations. The details of the courses are mentioned below.
|Diploma||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10th pass with 35%
Specializations: Automobile Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Instrumentation & Control Engineering, Finance Accounts & Auditing, and Computer Engineering
Selection Criteria: Merit Based
Fees per annum: INR 4600
Government Polytechnic Sonipat Admission
Admissions to all the courses are solely merit-based. Interested candidates are expected to apply online on the official website of the Haryana State Technical Education Society. HSTES will also conduct counseling for all the government polytechnic colleges in Haryana according to the merit attained by the candidates in the qualifying examination.
How To Apply?
The steps to apply are mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of HSTES (www.onlinetesthry.gov.in).
- Fill in the registration form.
- Log in with the credentials and fill in the application form.
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fee of INR 500.
According to the merit achieved in the 10th class, HSTES will conduct counseling. Accordingly, candidates who are verified must also apply for counseling.
- DMC of qualifying examination
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Haryana Residence Certificate
- Income and Asset certificate for EWS category
- Annual Parental Income Certificate
Government Polytechnic Sonipat Placements
Some of the top recruiters of the college include:
|TATA Motors||Bajaj Auto||L&T|
|Hazira||Indian Oil Corporation||Mahindra & Mahindra|
|Suzuki Motorcycle||HCL Infosystems||Siemens India|
Government Polytechnic Sonipat Scholarship
Some of the scholarships and concessions that eligible candidates can apply for include:
- Post Matric Scholarship of Govt. of India (GOI) for SC students
- SCSP Scheme of Haryana Govt. for SC students
- Post Matric Scholarship for Minorities Diploma Students
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for UG/ PG Students
- Reimbursement of State Transport Facilities/ Train Pass
Government Polytechnic Sonipat Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the institute include:
- Hostel: In the Institute, separate boys and girls hostels are available, in which accommodation for 400 boys and 120 girls is available. In the hostel, separate mess facilities & common room facilities are available.
- Library: The Institute library is fully equipped with the latest books. It houses 51017 textbooks, 1400 reference books, 200 encyclopedias, in addition to a number of magazines, newspapers, CDs, VCR, etc.
- Sports: Facilities to play various indoor and outdoor games, along with an athletic track, is available in the institute and a playground for Volleyball, Basketball, Badminton, Table Tennis, Football, and Hockey has been developed.
Government Polytechnic Sonipat FAQs
Ques. How do we contact Government Polytechnic Sonipat for any inquiries?
Ques. What is the intake capacity for each course at Govt Polytechnic Sonipat?
|Computer Science & Engg.||60|
|Electronic & Comm. Engg.||60|
|Instrumentation & Control Engg.||60|
|Finance, Accounts & Auditing||60|
Ques. How do we apply for scholarships?
- Visit the official website and click on “Downloads” at the top of the screen.
- Download the Merit scholarship form and print.
- Fill it in and submit it to the institute office with the required documents.
Ques. What is the admission schedule for Government Polytechnic Sonipat?
|Last date to Apply Online||31st Aug 2020|
|Deposition of Application Fee||1st Sept 2020|
|Online Verification of Marks||1st Aug to 2nd Sept 2020|
|Declaration of Inter-se-Merit/ Rank||9th - 10th Sept 2020|
|Registration for First Counselling||11th Sept 2020|
|Registration for Second Counselling||25th Sept 2020|
Ques. How to check the verification status of my application?
- Visit the official website of HSTES ie. onlinetesthry.gov.in.
- Click on “Check Verification Status”.
- Fill in your application number, date of birth, and the Security Code.
- Click on “Submit”.