Government Polytechnic Awasari Khurd is one of the newly established institutes in Maharashtra in the academic year 2008-09 by Higher & Technical Education Department, Government of Maharashtra. Institute is spread over 17 acres of land with high level infrastructure and is recognized by AICTE. 4 courses offered by the institute are NBA accredited.
Government Polytechnic Awasari Khurd offers seven diploma courses in Engineering stream. Lateral Entry courses are also provided by the institute. Admissions to all courses are merit based.
Government Polytechnic Awasari Khurd Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2008 | Government|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education, Mumbai|
|Courses offered||7 courses across 1 stream|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit Based|
|Top Recruiters||JohnDeere, Cummins, Volkswagen, Bajaj, Bosch|
|Campus Area||17 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Gymkhana, Library|
|Official Website||Government Polytechnic Awasari Khurd|
Government Polytechnic Awasari Khurd Courses
|Course||Specializations||Duration||Intake||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|Diploma in Engineering||Automobile Engineering||3 years||60||10+2 with 35% aggregate marks||CAP Counselling|
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering||60|
Government Polytechnic Awasari Khurd Admissions
Government Polytechnic Awasari Khurd provides diploma courses, the selection to which is carried out through a centralized admission process (CAP) by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra state, Mumbai.
How to apply?
Application forms can be filled either online or offline. Below mentioned are the steps to follow for application process:
- Visit the college campus and collect the application form. Candidates can also download the application form from DTE official website.
- Fill up the application form carefully and fill in all the correct information.
- Check the eligibility criteria.Candidates must have passed SSC examinations or its equivalent examination with at least 35% aggregate marks. For direct second year admissions, candidates should have passed HSC examinations in science or HSC Science with Vocational or HSC Science with Technical or SSC with 2 years ITI with appropriate specialization.
- Pay the application fee.
- Candidates will be called for the MHT-CET CAP round process conducted by DTE.
- Seats will be allotted during counselling.
- Passport size photographs pasted on the application form attested by gazetted officer
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination
- Date of birth proof
- SC/ ST/ OBC certificate
- Bank challan copy
Government Polytechnic Awasari Khurd Placements
Training and Placement cell maintains a well-equipped seminar hall having audio visual facility with the state of the art infrastructure. The seminar hall is used for conducting campus interviews, seminars,expert lectures, training programs/workshops. The online tests are also conducted by the institute.
Top Recruiters are JohnDeere, Cummins, Volkswagen, Bajaj, Bosch, Enriching Lives, TATA, Mahindra, Tata Motors, ThoughtWorks, Force Motors, Piaggio, JCB, KCB, Sterlite Tech, Valeo, L&T Construction and General Electric.
Below tabulate are the Placement Details of the academic year 2018-19.
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering||7|
Government Polytechnic Awasari Khurd Facilities
- Hostel: The institute has separate hostels for both boys and girls. Facilities provided in hostels are Solar Water Heater, CCTV Camera, Water Filter, Mess Facility. In addition, a Sanitary Napkin Vending Machine facility is provided in Girl’s hostel.
- Gymkhana: Gymkhana conducted various activities in campus such as 150th Gandhi Jayanti Poster Presentation, 150th Gandhi Jayanti Rally, Drawing Competition, Tree Plantation etc.
- Library: The institute has a total of 14,792 books in its library. Also, 2,781 titles and 28 Periodicals/Magazines/Journals are also present.
- Laboratories: All the laboratories are highly modern and Well equipped.
- Cafeteria: The cafeteria is well maintained and duly cleaned. Students get healthy and hygienic food items at very cheap prices.
Government Polytechnic Awasari Khurd Faculty
All the departments have highly qualified teachers who aim to provide the best quality of both practical and theoretical learning. The institute has a total of 55 faculty members. Additionally, the institute has a total of 12 supporting faculty members.
Dr. D.R. Nandanwar is the Principal of the institute. All the faculty members are well qualified and expertise in their area of study.
Government Polytechnic Awasari Khurd FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure of Government Polytechnic Awasari Khurd?
Ans. The fee structure of all the Engineering Diploma courses is INR 6000 for the 1st year. The fee structure is low compared to many other colleges offering the same diploma courses.
Ques. What are the workshop activities of Government Polytechnic Awasari Khurd?
Ans. Many interesting and Educational workshops are arranged every year by the institute. The workshop are:
- Computer Hardware and Networking
- Workshop on Advance Communication System
- PLC Programming and its Application
- Internet of Things
- Mobile Making
- PCB Designing at Vigyan Ashram, Pabal
Ques. How is the library of Government Polytechnic Awasari Khurd?
Ans. The facilities offered by the library are
- Centralised Internet Library
- Reading Room
- Reference Section
- Library Automation (partly)
- National Digital Library Access (e-resources)
- Security System
Ques. How is the environment in and around Government Polytechnic Awasari Khurd?
Ans. The atmosphere of the institute is eco-friendly and healthy. Students develop an holistic approach towards life while reading in the college.This institute is surrounded by three MIDCs which are Chakan at 26 Kms (an Automobile hub with almost all International Automobile Industries), Pimpri - Chinchwad at 40 Kms (one of the largest Industrial Set-ups at this Mega-City), Ranjangaon at 50 Kms and at about 65 Kms from Pune City (the hub of education and industry). Institute is situated at the foot of Sahyadri hill ranges and surrounded by many holistic places like famous Jyotirlinga ‘Bhimashankar’ in west, Ashtvinayaka Lord Ganesha at Ozar, Lenyadri and Ranjangaon and historic place Shivneri fort.