Siddaganga Polytechnic is a private institute run by Sree Siddaganga Education Society and established in 1988. The institution is approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to DTE, Government of Karnataka. The institute offers diploma courses across five different specializations in the technical field. Admissions are based on the entrance exam followed by an interview.
Apart from the high quality education, the institute provides all the main facilities to its students with all the infrastructure for training the students.
Siddaganga Polytechnic, Tumkur Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1988 | Private|
|Affiliated to||DTE, Government of Karnataka|
|Courses Offered||5 courses across 1 stream|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance exam followed by interview|
|Top Recruiters||TDPS, Tafee, Tayana Softwares, Wipro Technologies|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Gym, Library, Sports|
|Official Website||Siddaganga Polytechnic|
Siddaganga Polytechnic, Tumkur Courses
|Diploma||Civil Engineering||3 years||60||Passed 10th standard or equivalent examinations with minimum 35% aggregate marks||Entrance Exam followed by Interview|
|Computer Science and Engineering||90|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||90|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||60|
Siddaganga Polytechnic, Tumkur Admissions
Students will be required to appear for an interview after scoring a minimum of 60% aggregate in the entrance exam as part of admission procedure. Seats are also reserved for students as per state government reservation norms.
How to apply?
- Visit the official website of Siddaganga Polytechnic.
- Go to the ‘Academics’ section.
- Click on the ‘Admission Procedure’ tab.
- Download the application form.
- Fill the application form with all the relevant and factual information.
- Attach all the certificates and documents as directed.
- Submit the application form along with application fees of INR 200 drawn in favour of Principal, Siddaganga Polytechnic, Tumkur-572103.
- SSLC Marks Card
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Study Certificate for having studied at least for a period of 5 years in Karnataka signed by BEO
- Medical Certificate
- SC, ST, Rural, Group-I, Backward Class Certificate copy, if applicable
- Eligibility Certificate issued by DTE, Government of Karnataka(For Non-Karnataka, CBSE and ICSE students)
- Aadhar Card Copy
- ITI Marks Card in original for ITI (NCVT) Passed students (for Diploma Lateral Entry Students)
- Income Certificate for Supernumerary Quota (SNQ) students
Siddaganga Polytechnic, Tumkur Placements
Placement cell is an integral part of the institute, which arranges for the employers to visit the campus & appoint students. Cell assists to develop the students by imparting training in soft skills, communication skills, group discussion, interview techniques, leadership qualities and team work. Shri Sudeep Kumar K B is appointed as the Placement Officer. Various companies such as TDPS, Tafee, Tayana Softwares, WIPRO, JSW Steels, Go Digit General Insurance etc visit the campus for recruitment process.
Placement Details 2018-19
|Name of the Company||No. of students recruited|
|Go Digit General Insurance||5|
Siddaganga Polytechnic, Tumkur Facilities
- Hostel: Both girl’s and boy’s hostels are present which are managed by the society.
- Gym: A well- equipped gymnasium is available for the benefit of the students.
- Library: The college has all the text and reference books required by the students. The students are allowed to borrow 3 books at a time and the reference section is kept open throughout the day for the benefit of the students. In addition, the institution subscribes for a number of technical magazines. Library is also supported with a multimedia center for students to access the internet.
- Sports: Physical education and sports facilities both for indoor and outdoor games are provided in the adjoining campus.
- Cafeteria: The cafeteria serves healthy and hygienic foods at very cheap prices.
- Auditorium: The college has an auditorium facility for events and seminars, Equipped with audio-visual facilities for lectures and seminars.
- Laboratories: All the departments have very well equipped laboratories which properly maintained
- Parking Facility: The college has the parking space facility for its faculty staff and students.
Siddaganga Polytechnic, Tumkur Faculty
All the faculty members of the institute are highly proficient in their field of study. All of them are highly qualified and they aim to provide the best quality education. Some of the faculty members of different departments are:
- Smt. Roopa T.S: Head, Department of Civil Engineering
- Sri. Nagaraja B.N: Head, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Smt. Jayashree N: Head, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Smt. Jyothi N.V: Head, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Sri. Somashekara Reddy D.N: Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Siddaganga Polytechnic, Tumkur FAQs
Ques. What are the labs available in the Civil Engineering Department of Siddaganga Polytechnic?
Ans. There are four kinds of laboratories available:
- Surveying Lab: This Lab is equipped with a total station, theodolites, dumpy level, prismatic compass, metric chain, etc, which are used in surveying practices.
- Civil- CAD Lab: A Computer center equipped with advanced Intel Core i3 PC systems 30 in number along with UPS and Printers. This lab also facilitates Autocad software for building drawings.
- Civil Engineering Material Testing Lab: This lab is equipped with compression testing, abrasion testing, impact testing, compact testing and motorized sieve shaker machines along with slump cone, vicat apparatus, atterberg limit test machines used in material testing.
- Construction Practice Lab: Well equipped with bar bending table, levers, hammer, and steel shuttering for columns, beams, slabs, mortar pans, trovels, measuring jars for practicing.
- Hydraulics, Environmental & Plumbing Lab: It is equipped with a venturi meter machine, centrifugal pump machine, notch machines, burettes, funnels, volumetric flask and all other accessories required for training.
Ques. How is the alumni association of Siddaganga Polytechnic?
Ans. The alumni association of the institute is very strong. Every year Annual Alumni Meet is organized by the institution so that the ex- students relive their academic memories and also can motivate the current students.
Ques. What is the semester schedule followed by Siddaganga Polytechnic?
Ans. The college follows a semester system as mentioned below:
- Each Semester shall be of 6 Months duration.
- All odd Semesters shall be between July & December.
- All Even Semesters shall be from January to June.
- No of subjects in each Semester: 6 or 7.
Ques. Does Siddaganga Polytechnic arrange seminars for its students?
Ans. Yes, the institute arranged many seminars every year.Seminars and workshops are organized for the students for their exposure on recent advancements and to provide latest information about technologies being used in different sectors. The institute invites eminent personalities / companies who have achieved some feat in science and technology to conduct seminars on various technical and non-technical topics related to students’ course of study to make them aware of the present and ongoing advancements in the technical fields.