Government Polytechnic Bijnor was founded in the year of 1978 by great S.K. Aggarwal who made the dream of the honourable Minister of Technical Education “Late Kunwar Satyaweerji” to be true. Currently, the college is imparting diploma level courses in the four core Engineering branches. College motivate students to build their own venture by offering inputs in numerous Entrepreneurship Skill Development Programmes. The polytechnic college has been announced as a Centre of Excellence in the key areas of Engineering and Technology through its 4 core departments.
Government Polytechnic Bijnor Highlights
|Established | Institution Type||1978 | Public|
|Affiliation||Board of Technical Education, Lucknow|
|Courses Offered||4 diploma courses|
|Facilities available||Hostel, Labs, Library, Canteen, and Medical facility, etc.|
Government Polytechnic Bijnor Courses
Following are the courses offered by the polytechnic institute.
|Mechanical, Civil, Electronics, and Computer Science & Engineering||3 years||Candidate should have cleared high school secondary exam with a least of 35% marks as aggregate with subjects like maths and physics from a recognised board of study.|
Government Polytechnic Bijnor Admission
For getting admission in Government Polytechnic Bijnor, candidates have to qualify State level joint entrance examination conducted for the admission of the diploma courses taking place in the Uttar Pradesh State.
- The minimum required age for admission is 14 years, although, there is no upper age limit for all the regular diploma programmes being offered here.
- Candidates have to fill online application form for the diploma course admission in the month of December and January every year.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam and the candidates will be called for counselling for admission after ensuring the class wise registration and applicable reservation as per the prepared merit list.
- Visit the official website of Government Polytechnic Bijnor.
- Click on the option admission.
- Now, click on the “Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh” to go the link www.jeecup.org
- Select the application form to open the admission form
- Fill the required details along with the student personal email ID.
- Upload the passport size photograph and signature in JPEG file format.
- Pay the admission form or registration fee of INR 300 for General / OBC and INR 200 for SC/ST categorical candidates.
- After completing the application form, the admit card will be available on the provided email ID to appear in JEECUP.
- Preference will be given to those students who have done minimum qualification from the U.P institutes or whose parents are working as a central government employee and currently posted in U.P.
- The seats get allocated after the counselling based on the ranking secured in the declared merit list and preference made in the choice filling. Students need to choose “Government Polytechnic Bijnor” as their preference to get into a course offered here.
- Fees payment and institution reporting within the stipulated time will confirm the candidature of the students into the institution.
Reservation of seats
The reservation criteria followed while allocating the seats based on the merit list is given below.
|Scheduled Cast||21 %|
|Scheduled tribe||2 %|
|Freedom fighters’ children||2 %|
Government Polytechnic Bijnor Placements
The placements of the students are taken care of two placement in-charge staff members. Some of the key recruiters of the college are: TATA, HCL, IBM, Infotech, Tech Mahindra, Dell, Manipal, and many more.
Government Polytechnic Bijnor Facilities
Some of the facilities offered by College to cater the needs of students as well as faculty members of the college are listed here.
- Library- The library hall has a seating capacity of 100 students to read and spend time effectively with the help of high-speed Wi-Fi and multimedia personal computers.
- Hostel- College provides an optional hostel accommodation facility for boys and girls with a total intake of 60.
- Seminar Hall - College has facilitated the seminar hall to hold different programs, events, practices, and performances made by the students as an extra-curricular activity.
Government Polytechnic Bijnor Faculty
Being the technical skill-oriented diploma course, all the faculty members play a key role in ensuring the smoother and easier learning process in the institution. The total strength of them is:
- Principal - 01
- Lecturer - 16
- Instructor - 8
- Librarian - 02
Government Polytechnic Bijnor FAQs
Ques. Is it worthwhile to join Government Polytechnic Bijnor?
Ques. How many seats are offered by Government Polytechnic Bijnor in diploma courses?
Ques. How the Counselling Process of JEECUP takes place in order to secure a diploma seat at Government Polytechnic Bijnor?
Ans. The counselling process are in the following detailed manner:
- Online Registration – Firstly, the candidates have to register themselves for JEECUP.
- Choice Filling - After doing registration, candidates have to do choice filling for desired course. Candidate are advised to check the availability of seats before filling the choice.
- Verification of Documents - Then, each candidate’s documents shall be verified by the authorities.
- Seat Allocation - For seat allotment, there is two options, one is Freeze and the other is Float.
Ques. Is ragging allowed in Government Polytechnic Bijnor?
Ques. What are the prerequisite documents for the admission proceedings at Government Polytechnic Bijnor?
Ans. Documents required at the time of admission are listed now.
- Passport size photographs.
- Photo copy of 10+2-mark sheet.
- Photo copy of High School mark sheet.
- Original Transfer Certificate.
- Original Character Certificate.
- Original Medical Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.