Government Polytechnic College at Yavatmal is a Governmental Polytechnic College established under the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State in the year 1994. It is situated in the Yavatmal district of Maharashtra. The college has obtained its affiliation from Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) to offer AICTE approved Diploma courses with respect to stream of Engineering and Technology. Admission seekers must fulfil the eligibility criteria before they register themselves for admission on http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in. The admission proceedings are done online with two modes available for entry (i.e.) 1st and 2nd year admissions.
Government Polytechnic College Yavatmal Highlights
|Established | Institution type||1994 | Government|
|Affiliation||Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)|
|Courses offered||Diploma courses|
|Admission Mode||Online and Offline|
|Total number of faculties||38|
|Maximum intake capacity||300|
|Facilities||Girls and Boys Hostel, Wi-Fi, Library, Labs, Recreation hall, Conference hall, Computer lab, Generator, and Auditorium, etc.|
Government Polytechnic College Yavatmal Awards and Achievements
|Awards and Achievements||Year|
|V-Cup Trophy Award Winner, organized by Sipana College of Engineering Amravati||2016|
|IEDSSA (W3 Zone), General Championship Runner-up||2016-17|
|IEDSSA State Level Championships||2019|
Government Polytechnic College Yavatmal Courses
Under the Engineering and Technology stream, the following courses are offered by Government Polytechnic Yavatmal:
|Civil, Electronics and Telecommunication, Electrical, Computer, and Mechanical Engineering||3 years||The student must be a citizen of India and must have passed the 10th standard or equivalent by obtaining 35% marks in total.|
Government Polytechnic College Yavatmal Admission
The college follows the Centralized Admission Process for the Enrolment of candidates with consideration being for marks in the qualifying exams only and do not require any ranking or cut-offs. Foreign Nationals and NRI candidates are also eligible to apply with slightly different eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- The admission seeker must be an Indian National.
- They must have passed their SSC with an overall 35% along with some other criteria announced by the authorities from time to time.
In case, if any candidates seek direct admission into the second year of the Diploma course, they are also eligible to apply under the following criteria:
- They also should be an Indian
- They must have completed their 10+2 examination with Chemistry and Physics as the two compulsory subjects along with either Biology or Mathematics.
- Completed 10+2 with Science subjects along with Technical Subjects.
- Completed 10+2 with Science along with Mathematics as an additional subject.
- Completed 10+2 with Science along with Vocational training.
- Completed 10th standard with 2 years of ITI training.
Note: The above-mentioned eligibility criteria are applicable for the candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only. For candidates residing outside Maharashtra, admission will be provided under the Institution Quota only.
- The release of Application Form and Information Brochure will be displayed on www.gpyavatmal.ac.in.
- The candidates have to register online by filling the online application form.
- The candidates can re-edit the information provided in the online application form any time before the submission.
- Upon submission, the candidates need to submit the registration fee in order to successfully complete the registration.
- Before submitting the application form, the candidates need to upload the scanned copy of every necessary document mentioned in the application form.
- In case, if the candidate is applying offline, then they must register online where they need to select Physical Scrutiny Mode.
- Then, they must visit the nearest Facilitation Centre where they will be helped with registration and support schedules.
- Candidates appearing for the Physical Scrutiny Process must produce the original copies along with the photocopies of every required document mentioned in the application form.
- During the time of verification, the candidates must have a photocopy of the uploaded document.
- The candidates will be admitted to their respective courses upon successful verification of documents.
The fee details for the diploma courses offered by the institution are:
|Admission Type with respect to the year||For various unreserved categorical students||For various reserved categorical students|
|Entry in the First Year||INR 400||INR 300|
|Entry in the Second Year||INR 400||INR 300|
Government Polytechnic College Yavatmal Placements
Government Polytechnic Yavatmal has a Training and Placement Cell, which they call it a T&P cell. The team consists of one faculty member from each department including a T&P officer along with the student coordinators.
- The T&P cell makes every effort to make the college a highly preferred institution for recruitment by the industries and companies.
- The institution keeps on evolving itself by adapting new policies and techniques to increase the chances of the employability of its students.
- The T&P cell strictly follows all the Recruitment Policies for the proper conduct of the campus recruitment process.
- The college also conducts soft skill and personality development classes for the students that further aids in their chances of getting hired.
Government Polytechnic College Yavatmal Facilities
Government Polytechnic Yavatmal offers the following amenities that ensure comfortable and proper conduct of education to students:
- Hostels- There are separate hostels for boys and girls and each hostel have 180 bedding capacity. Boys hostel is called as Prerna while the ones for girls is called Chetana. The hostel provides every facility such as water cooler and solar water heater, etc.
- Mess- Both the hostels have mess facility that offers nutritious and hygienic food 3 times a day. The campus has canteen facility separately for staff and students with a wide range of snacks available in it.
- Auditorium- The College has a large auditorium with 400 seating capacity to host all the events taking place in each academic year.
- CCTV Surveillance- Both the college campus and hostels are under 24*7 CCTV Surveillance to ensure the safety of staffs and students.
- Conference Hall- The conference hall of the college is fully air-conditioned and provide LCD-projection facility to conduct any virtual classes.
- Gymkhana- Gymkhana was established by the college in 1994. Various sports competitions and Yoga Day activities are organized by the college at this place.
- Computer Labs- The computer labs of the college have high-tech computer along with updated software and un-interrupted internet connectivity.
- Laboratories- Every department in the college has laboratories with latest equipment that assure the quality teaching of the practical knowledge.
- Recreation Hall- There is a separate recreation hall in the campus having the facility of Indoor Games where the students spend their free time if any during the college hours.
- Diesel Generator- Whole campus, including the hostels are backed up by a 3-phase Diesel Generator (440V, 40KVA) to provide an un-interrupted electricity services during the power failure or surge.
Government Polytechnic College Yavatmal FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure for Civil Engineering Course at Government Polytechnic College Yavatmal?
Ques. How many seats are reserved for the NRI candidates at Government Polytechnic College Yavatmal?
Ques. What are the future job opportunities for a Computer Engineer after diploma at Government Polytechnic College Yavatmal?
Ques. What is the main focus of the Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Course offered at Government Polytechnic College Yavatmal?
Ques. Do Government Polytechnic College Yavatmal offer workshop?