Government Polytechnic situated at Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh was established in 1989. It is approved by AICTE and is affiliated to the Board of Technical Education, Uttar Pradesh (BTEUP). The college offers diplomas in three courses in the engineering stream. Admission to 1st-year diploma course is based on the state polytechnic entrance exam UPJEE-Polytechnic ranking and basic eligibility criteria is pass 10th-grade with prescribed marks. The lateral entry 2nd-year diploma course admission is based on the BTEUP Polytechnic Exam ranking and basic eligibility is pass with prescribed marks in 12th-grade.
Government Polytechnic Pilibhit Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1958 | Public|
|Approved by||AICTE and UPBTE|
|Set By||Govt of UP|
|Entrance Exam||1st year- UPJEE Lateral Entry - BTEUP|
|Courses Offered||Diploma in 3 streams|
|Campus Area||10.6 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Laboratories, Hostel, NCC, Cafeteria, and Workshops|
Government Polytechnic Pilibhit Courses
The institution offers diplomas in three specializations as indicated below.
|Electronics, Electrical, and Instrumentation and Control Engineering||3 years||For 1st year, minimum of 35% aggregate marks in 10th standard For lateral entry, Minimum of 35% aggregate marks in 12th standard|
Government Polytechnic Pilibhit Admission
The diploma course admission is done with 2 modes of entry that include: 10th-grade marks by qualifying UPJEE for the first-year seats and 12th-grade marks by qualifying BTEUP for lateral entry 2nd year seats.
- Counselling process finalizes the seat allotment into the diploma level courses.
- There are 60 seats available under regular or 1st year category.
- There are six seats available in the two specialized diploma courses like Electrical and Electronics Engineering. But Instrumentation and Control Engineering does not have any lateral entry seats.
- Application towards the Admission could be made entirely online.
- Candidates need to apply to UPJEE-Polytechnic Exam at the website https://jeecup.nic.in/cms/public/home.aspx.
- Candidates need to if applying to the BTEUP exam at the website http://bteup.ac.in/webapp/default.aspx.
- Open the online application form.
- After filling the necessary details and uploading the required documents, candidates can submit the form.
- Candidates can then download the admit card for the examination once available on the official website.
- Candidates need to appear for the exam with an identity card and admit card.
- Candidates who qualified for the exams can appear for counselling, which is available on the concerned sites.
- Candidates need to register for the intended counselling and upload their rank card along with mark sheets and other details.
- Candidates can then fill in their choices based on the cut-offs/ ranking obtained in UPJEE/ BTEUP.
- Candidates will be allotted seats during the counselling procedure based on their preference, reservation, and merit.
- Manual verification of the required documents will be done on the spot at the college after the release of the allotment order.
The fees for the first year of diploma courses are as follows:
|Fee Head||Regular Fee (INR)||Hostel Fee (INR)|
|Exam Fee + Sessional Exam Fee||620||-|
|Misc. Fees (Games, Annual Function, Magazine, Hobby Centre)||620||-|
|ID Card Fee||30||-|
|Admission Form & Registration||20||-|
Government Polytechnic Pilibhit Placements
The placements activities at the institution are handled by the Training and Placement Cell. Placement Cell takes various initiatives to provide industrial training and placement assistance to its students.
Some of the initiatives are as follows:
- Organising lectures by senior professionals of the corporate world.
- Conducting many Industry Training Workshops and Field Training.
- Providing Apprenticeship with the help of Board of Apprenticeship & Training under the State Government.
- Organising off-campus and on-campus placement interviews.
Latest placement data are given below.
|Engineering Diploma Courses||No. of Students who passed||No. of students offered jobs||Companies|
|Electrical||42||8||Tata Motors and Elite PowerTech Pvt Ltd|
|Electronics||38||2||Elite PowerTech Pvt Ltd|
|Instrumentation & Control||36||2||Elite PowerTech Pvt Ltd|
Government Polytechnic Pilibhit Facilities
Following are the facilities present at the college to cater to student and faculty needs.
- Library- The institution library is well structured with over 6500 books and holds subscription with 9 journals.
- Laboratories- Separate labs are made for all the diploma specializations like Electrical, Electronics, and Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
- Sports Facilities- The space for sports is there for students to prepare for the Annual Sports Meets and for maintaining their physical health.
- Cafeteria and Mess- There is a cafeteria along with the mess where both the day scholar and hostelers can have their food at a nominal rate.
Government Polytechnic Pilibhit Faculty
The institution has experienced lecturers in each field who also undergo faculty training programs periodically. Each department has HOD and other assistants helping in the workshops.
- There are eight professors (including the assistant and associate professors) in total along with the two assistants.
- Only one professor of the institution holds a Ph.D. degree.
- Four faculties members serve in the Electronics Engineering stream.
- There is one professor each in Electrical Engineering and Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
Government Polytechnic Pilibhit FAQs
Ques. What are the accommodation facilities available at Government Polytechnic Pilibhit?
Ans. There is a separate hostel for both boys and girls whom have come far away from their home destination to pursue diploma course here.
Ques. What are the documents required during counselling towards getting admitted at Government Polytechnic Pilibhit?
Ans. UPJEE counselling letter, admit card, rank card, 10th & 12th mark sheet and passing certificate, domicile certificate, migration certificate, Reservation Certificate, and 4 Photographs are necessities while appearing for the counselling.
Ques. What are the placement opportunities available for grab after diploma at Government Polytechnic Pilibhit?
Ans. There is a dedicated placement cell that helps the students in various possible ways. The students can also pursue bachelor in Engineering if they want higher salary.
Ques. What are the total fees for the entire course at Government Polytechnic Pilibhit?
Ans. The fee towards all the specialized diploma courses for one year is INR 10,790. For three years, the total might be around INR 32,370.
Ques. Is the entrance exam compulsory for admission into the diploma courses offered by Government Polytechnic Pilibhit?
Ans. Yes, passing the UPJEE is necessary to apply for admission into the 1st year. Also, the six seats available as a lateral entry seats into 2nd year of the course requires compulsory qualification of BTEUP.