Government Polytechnic Asthawan located at Nalanda is one among the prominent institutes in the Bihar State. It is Affiliated to Department of Science and Technology, Bihar and is approved by AICTE. It was Founded in 2013 but got its approved inaugurated on August 20th of 2015. The college started its first batch in the year of 2015. The college offers diploma courses in the different fields of Engineering. Admission of students is based upon DCECE (Diploma Combined Entrance Examination) and the minimum Eligibility to apply is completion of class 10th or 12th based on the year of entry.
Government Polytechnic Asthawan Nalanda Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2013 | Government|
|College Type||Co-Ed College|
|Courses Offered||4 Courses across 1 stream|
|Courses type||Diploma Courses|
|Facilities Available||Laboratories, Workshop, and Sports etc.|
Government Polytechnic Asthawan Nalanda Courses
Information about the courses available at the college is given in the below table.
|Diploma Course||Duration||Total Seats||Eligibility|
|Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Electronics Engineering||3/ 2 years||60||For 1st year admissions, candidates should have passed class 10th with a minimum of 35% marks. For lateral (direct) Entry to 2nd year, candidates should have passed 2 years ITI course with 10th or 12th or equivalent as made valid.|
Government Polytechnic Asthawan Nalanda Admission
Students are admitted to the college through the ranking secured in DCECE. The counselling for the same is conducted by BCECE (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam) board under the Government of Bihar. Application Forms are filled through online mode alone.
- Visit the board site to register for the concerned entrance and mode of entry into the diploma course.
- After the completion of application process, once the admit cards are released, students can download them by filling their received login details.
- The Exam is conducted in offline mode only.
- After the declaration of results, the counselling procedure gets started in online mode.
- The seats are allocated to students based on their rank in the declared merit list and choice filled by them.
- Once they have submitted the fees and documents verification is done, there is one medical fitness test after which the admission process gets completed.
Government Polytechnic Asthawan Nalanda Placements
Training & Placement cell of the college works to enable students to gain knowledge and experience from industries through its activities. The cell tries to give students with the platform to get real time experience of working with industries.
- The cell also does many collaborations with people having long time experience in industries.
- The cell arranges campus interviews to prepare students for the real-life situations.
- The cell arranges pre-placement talks, written tests, Group discussion, and mock interviews as per the requirement of Students & organisations.
Government Polytechnic Asthawan Nalanda Facilities
All the basic facilities required by the students are available at Government Polytechnic Asthawan, Nalanda. Following are some details about the facilities available in this college:
- Hostel- There is only availability of hostels for both boys alone. All the activities of Hostel are supervised by the warden, whom are selected by the senior faculty members serving the college.
- Library- The library has a vast collection of material available for the benefit of students. There are many types of reference books, journals, magazines, and other books as required by the students.
- Other Key Facilities- Except the above mentioned, the college also has the availability of different laboratories to help students in gaining practical knowledge along with a Computer Lab and workshops to inculcate knowledge while in study.
Government Polytechnic Asthawan Nalanda Faculty
The college consists of a total of 19 Faculty Members. Out of the total 19 Faculty Members, 10 are Regular Faculty Members while the other 9 are working as Guest Faculty Members. The Distribution of Faculty Members based on their branches is given in the following table:
Government Polytechnic Asthawan Nalanda FAQs
Ques. What is the capacity of boys Hostel at Government Polytechnic Asthawan Nalanda?
Ans. There are two hostels made available for the boys of the college in the first come first serve basis only. It has capacity of around 200. The hostel for girls is still under construction.
Ques. What is the age limit to apply for admission to Government Polytechnic Asthawan Nalanda?
Ans. There is no age limit imposed to the students applying for admission into the 4 diploma specializations at the college. But all eligibility criteria need to be ensured by the candidates themselves in order to apply.
Ques. How many departments functions at Government Polytechnic Asthawan Nalanda?
Ans. There are totally six core departments at the college to serve the 4 diploma course specializations. Around 19 faculty members serve the students pursuing their diplomas here.
Ques. Does Government Polytechnic Asthawan Nalanda offer any diplomas other than Engineering Diploma?
Ans. No, there is availability of only engineering streamed diploma courses of 3 years duration and the institution doesn’t offer any other streamed diplomas.
Ques. What are the ways to ask any queries at Government Polytechnic Asthawan Nalanda?
Ans. Any students can ask their queries through mail or call from the given contact details of the diploma college:
- Phone- 0612 - 2262866