Government Polytechnic College, Adoor is one of the major Technical institutions in Pathanamthitta district situated at Manakkala in Adoor.
- The Institution offers Diploma degree in three disciplines of Engineering namely, Mechanical, Polymer, and Architecture Engineering.
- The college admits students on the basis of merit obtained in SSLC/ THSLC / 10+2 examination or any other equivalent examinations from recognized board.
- It follows the guidelines laid by DTE Kerala for Polytechnic admissions.
- The placement record of the college has always been increasing over the years with top recruiters coming for the placement drives.
Government Polytechnic College Adoor Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1994 | Public|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Set by||Government of Kerala|
|Courses Offered||Diploma in 3 branches of Engineering including one evening course|
|Top Recruiters||Bajaj Auto Ltd, Paragon Polymer Pvt ltd, and Aries, etc.|
|Campus Area||11.56 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports, Co-operative society, cafeteria, clubs, Wi-Fi, Labs, Workshops, and Language Lab, etc.|
Government Polytechnic College Adoor Courses
The college offers Diploma degree in 3 major disciplines of Engineering and it also offers Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Evening) as tabulated here.
|Mechanical (Regular/ Evening), Polymer, and Architecture Engineering||3 years (regular) /2 years (Lateral Entry Admission)||Regular: Pass in SSLC or Equivalent from any recognized board of study
Lateral Entry: Pass in 10+2 with Science or Equivalent with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from any recognized board of study
Government Polytechnic College Adoor Admission
The college admits students only on the basis of merit obtained in 10th SSLC or equivalent exams for the regular 3-year diploma. For the lateral entries getting admitted directly into the 2nd year, the admission is made on the basis of merit obtained in 10+2 in Science or equivalent. The online applications are needed to start the admission process here.
- Visit the official website of the college at https://gptcadoor.org/.
- First of all, fill in the application form available on the admission page of the college site.
- Then, additionally fill up the online application in the Kerala State admission website at www.polyadmission.org by accessing the link “Online Submission”.
- Submit the Certificates/ Documents at the time of online filling of application itself along with your Aadhar number.
- Remit the application fee in online.
- The candidates will receive a SMS on your registered mobile upon the successful submission of application towards the admission.
- Candidates should be taking the print out of the filled and submitted application at any time to prevent any last time hustle.
- The merit ranking as per the filled data are released by the state government which then allocates seat based on the preference.
- The candidates then need to go to the college for confirmation of admission and need to submit xerox of the required documents after paying the prescribed fees.
Government Polytechnic College Adoor Placements
The college has produced a good alumni network over the years. It has a placement cell which interacts with reputed organizations all over the country. The college also organizes seminars, workshops, and mock interviews, etc. to boost the confidence of students. The top recruiters of the college are: Paragon Polymer Pt. Ltd., Bajaj Auto Pt. Ltd., and Aries Group of Company, etc.
Government Polytechnic College Adoor Facilities
The college provides following facilities to cater the needs of all its course pursuing students:
- Automated General Library- It has a well-equipped and fully computerised library with a collection of 6,666 books to facilitate smooth and easy learning experience.
- Common Internet Facilities- The institution computer lab is equipped with High-speed broadband internet connection through OFC provided by BSNL under the scheme of National Mission for Education under Ministry for HRD. It is available to the students from 8.30 am to 5.00 pm.
- Co-operative society- There is a co-operative society with all the stationary items for the students and staff like note books, text books, drawing equipments, and laboratory records, etc. College uniform cloths are also available here. All items are available at affordable rates only.
- Canteen and Cafeteria- Hygienic and nutritious food at affordable rate is available at the canteen. Sufficient infrastructure to cater all the students and staff members of the campus is available in the canteen.
- Smart Class with Wi-Fi connection- All interactive modules to enable fully video-based presentations are available in the smart classes. Thus, the visually attractive methods of teaching become appealing to students who are already struggling with the traditional method of teaching in a conventional classroom.
- Lab and Workshop- A separate lab for each branch is provided to conduct activities and experiments in order to help students learn and understand concepts in a much practical way.
Government Polytechnic College Adoor Faculty
With highly qualified faculty at Government Polytechnic College Adoor Polytechnic campus, the institute is committed to impart strong educational foundations to all the students with its experienced 38 faculty members. The stats pertaining to the faculty serving here are given below.
- HOD- 2
- Lecturers- 13
- Demonstrators- 7
- Trade Instructor- 3
- Tradesmen- 4
- Assistant Professors- 4
- PE instructor- 1
Government Polytechnic College Adoor FAQs
Ques. What are the documents required to be submitted at time of admission at Government Polytechnic College Adoor?
Ans. The documents needed while the verification for admission are:
- Nativity/ Domicile Certificate
- Birth certificate
- Caste Certificate to claim for reservations (If applicable)
- Aadhar Card Xerox
- Leaving/ Transfer Certificate
Ques. What is the branch-wise intake of Government Polytechnic College Adoor?
Ans. The 3 branches along with one evening course are given below.
- Mechanical- 66 Seats
- Architecture- 66 Seats
- Polymer Technology- 44 Seats
- Mechanical (Evening)- 60 seats
Ques. What additional documents are required for applying to scholarships at Government Polytechnic College Adoor?
Ans. The documents useful when applying to the scholarships available here are:
- Original of the Income & Asset certificate
- Valid community certificate
- Original Medical Certificate/ Fitness certificate from the Medical Board
- Valid Non-Creamy layer certificate from the authority concerned.
Ques. What is the “CE cell” available in the Government Polytechnic College Adoor about?
Ans. CE cell is a cell functioning for Continuing Education. It ensures that the Skill & Competency Requirements of Industry, Technicians, Business & Community belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Community are always met.
Ques. What are contact details of Government Polytechnic College Adoor?
Ans. The below mentioned are the contact of the college where the students
- Phone-04734 231776(Office)
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Principal Contact (Phone/Fax) -04734 231500