Tomi Polytechnic College is situated at Basar in Arunachal Pradesh. It is approved by AICTE & affiliated under APDHTE. The college offers diploma courses in three branches of the engineering stream. Admission is entirely online, which is based on 10th-grade marks. While the admission process, 50% of the seats are filled via an entrance exam results and rest 50% via 10th-grade marks only (management quota). APDHTE oversees the counselling and admission process.
Tomi Polytechnic College Basar Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2006 | Private|
|Entrance Exam||APJEE-Diploma for 50% of total intake|
|Courses Offered||Diploma in 3 branches of Engineering|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance-based and Merit-based|
|Campus Area||22 acres|
Tomi Polytechnic College Basar Courses
Tomi Polytechnic offers three diploma courses in the engineering stream. The courses offered are full time, which are as follows:
|Civil, Electrical & Electronics, and Computer Engineering||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility-Minimum of 35% aggregate marksin 10th standard.
Tomi Polytechnic College Basar Admission
Admission to 50% of engineering diploma seats is entirely online and based on ranking obtained in APJEE-Diploma exam (Eligibility: 10th-grade exams).
There are two ways of applying to the diploma courses offered here. They are:
- Students need to register and apply online for admission at this website http://apdhte.nic.in/.
- Students need to fill the required details and upload the necessary documents.
- Admit card for the examination will be available at the date mentioned on the website provided the application is completed correctly.
- Students who have qualified the entrance exam can further register for counselling.
- Students need to register for counselling and upload their rank card, mark sheets and other details and can then fill in their choices based on the rank obtained, and cut-offs.
- Seats are allotted based on the availability of seats, choice and merit rank in the merit list.
- Candidates can confirm the seat allotted or wait for further rounds of counselling for a seat of their choice.
- Manual Document verification will be done at the allotted college before finalising admission.
For Management Process
- Rest 50% of the seats are available under the management quota.
- Admission under this is based on the marks obtained in 10th-grade qualifying examinations.
- Students need to register and apply online via the admission form available here https://www.tomipoly.in/AdmFrm.
- Students have to upload all the necessary details asked and upload images of required documents such as qualifying exam mark sheet/ grade card.
- Students have to select their choice of diploma course in the admission form itself.
- A merit list will be prepared based on the cut-offs provided by the college.
- Admission will be offered in their chosen course to candidates who have cleared the cut-offs.
- Selected candidates have to appear in college for manual verification and registration.
Tomi Polytechnic College Basar Placements
Tomi Polytechnic placements are handled by the Placement Cell. Placement Cell provide industrial training and placement assistance programmes to its students. Some of the initiatives are as follows:
- Organising lectures from the senior professionals of the corporates.
- Conduction Industry Training Workshops and Field Training.
- Career Guidance and Entrepreneurship Awareness Programs.
- Organising campus placement interviews.
Placement statistics from 2016-17 to 2018-19 are as follows:
|Batch||No. of Students placed in Non-IT companies||No. of students placed in IT companies|
Tomi Polytechnic College Basar Scholarships
Scholarships are awarded based on merit and to students with reservations. The college offers scholarships to students based on specific criteria. Some of these are as follows:
- Merit-Based Scholarship
- Umbrella Scheme for ST students.
Tomi Polytechnic College Basar Facilities
Tomi Polytechnic has various facilities for student learning, training. The following facilities cater to student needs.
- Library- The college has a gigantic and specious enough library with around 6000 books and 11 journals.
- Labs- The college has the following laboratories like Civil Engineering, Electrical, and Electronics Lab to impart practical level education.
- Sports Space- The college has two grounds to hosts a pool of outdoor games along with a dedicated indoor sports facility.
- Computational Facilities with over 100 systems and language lab
Tomi Polytechnic College Basar Faculty
Tomi Polytechnic has experienced and well-trained faculty in their respective fields. Each department has HOD and several lecturers working in each department. There are a total of 31 lecturers in the college, which are shown in a break-up below.
- Civil- 13
- Electrical- 6
- Computer Science- 6
- General Science and Humanities for the first year- 6
Tomi Polytechnic College Basar FAQs
Ques. What are the accommodation facilities at Tomi Polytechnic College Basar?
Ques. What are the fees for the courses available in Tomi Polytechnic College Basar?
Ques. What documents are required during the admission and counselling process at Tomi Polytechnic College Basar?
Ques. What are seats available for each course in Tomi Polytechnic College Basar?
Ques. What is the counselling schedule to be known before getting into Tomi Polytechnic College Basar?