Rajiv Gandhi Government Polytechnic (RGGPT) has been set up under the Technician Education Project-III of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India with the financial assistance from World Bank. The institute offers 3-year diploma programme in the fields like Engineering and Management. The college admit students on the basis of merit obtained in APJEE conducted by APSCTE (Arunachal Pradesh State Council for Technical Education), Itanagar. It has a dedicated placement cell that conducts various activities, thus is able to provide an increasing placement record over the years.
RGGPT Itanagar Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2002| Public|
|Set by||Government of Arunachal Pradesh|
|Entrance Exam||APJEE (Joint Entrance Examination) conducted by APSCTE|
|Courses Offered||Diploma in 8 courses|
|Campus Area||30 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports, Wi-Fi, Laboratories and Workshops, NSS, NCC, and Transportation, etc.|
RGGPT Itanagar Courses
The college offers 3-year diploma degree in fields like Engineering, Management and Herbal Tech.
|Automobile, Civil, Computer Science, and Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Garment and Fashion Technology, Hotel Management and Catering Technology, and Travel or Tourism Management.||Duration-3 years
Eligibility- Regular-A candidate who has passed AISSE (Class 10 conducted by CBSE) or its equivalent examination with Mathematics and Science
Lateral Entry-10+2 level examination or equivalent with minimum 35% in aggregate.
RGGPT Itanagar Admission
The college admits students purely based on meritorious ranking through APJEE (Joint Entrance Examination) conducted by APSCTE, Itanagar after the online application. The students who have cleared it and counselled by DHTE (Directorate of Higher and Technical Education) need to report academic session at RGGPT, take admission, paying applicable fee before the last date of admission, otherwise the seat would automatically be cancelled.
How to Apply?
- Register yourself for APJEE conducted by APSCTE by visiting its official site.
- If cleared the examination and counselled to RGGP, the student needs to produce a nomination form/seat allotted details from DHTE to the academic session at the institution.
- Pay the application fees and other fee payment required through DD in favour of Principal Rajiv Gandhi Government Polytechnic, Itanagar.
- Submit the required documents to the committee.
- Fill up the Anti-Ragging form (must be filled by parent as well as child) and submit to the academic cell.
RGGPT Itanagar Placements
The college has a dedicated Training and Placement cell to provide information and assistance for industrial training and placement rounds to students.
Industrial Training Procedure: The training is usually for a duration of not less than 5 (five) weeks after the completion of 4th Semester.
- Minimum Salary: INR 1 Lakhs per annum
- Maximum Salary: INR 3 lakhs per annum
- Average Salary: INR 2 lakhs per annum
Note: A Student who does not complete the Industrial Training shall not be eligible for admission in the 5th Semester.
RGGPT Itanagar Scholarships
Sahara Group awards 1,017 Scholarships every year based on the academic performance of NCC cadets, scholarship ranging from INR 6,000 to INR 30,000 depending upon Group chosen. Also, under the Cadet welfare society scholarships, 1,000 Scholarships of INR 6,000 each. 250 vacancies out of total 1,000 are reservation for cadets coming from rural/disturbed areas only. The vacancies are allotted every year as per the enrolled strength of NCC Directorates.
RGGPT Itanagar Facilities
The college provides various facilities for the benefit of the students. They are as follows:
- Hostel- The institute has 3 hostels, 1 for boys and 2 for girls with accommodation of 80 and 130/- respectively.
- Library- A library with around 16,726 books and 27 journals. Books ranging from literature, academics, magazines to newspaper, novels etc.
- Laboratories and Workshops- the college has latest machines required in any workshop including welding, furnaces etc where students are exposed to various workshop activities. A separate laboratory for each department is present for better learning through practical skill development.
- Computer Centre- the college has a computer lab with high-speed internet connection up to 32 MBPS. About 67 systems connected by LAN.
- Sports Space- the college provides students with indoor and outdoor games like Badminton, Football, volleyball table tennis etc.
RGGPT Itanagar FAQs
Ques. What are the documents required while getting admission into RGGPT Itanagar?
Ans. The copies of following documents to be submitted along with Admission Form:
- Attested copy of pass certification (Class-X/XII).
- Attested copy of Marks certificate (Class-X/XII).
- Attested copy of ST/SC/OBC certificate.
- Transfer/School leaving Certificate (original).
- PRC/Domicile certificate.
- Medical fitness certificate (original).
- Character certificate (original).
- Migration certificate (for other state candidate).
- 2 (Two) passport size photographs.
Ques. What is the branch wise intake of RGGPT Itanagar?
Ans. The breakup of the seat intakes across all the diploma specializations are:
- Automobile Engineering- 20
- Civil and Computer Science Engineering- 30
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering- 30
- Garment and Fashion Technology- 20
- Hotel Management and Catering Technology- 20
- Travel or Tourism Management- 20
- Computer Science Engineering - 40
- Herbal Technology- 20
Ques. What is the fee at RGGPT Itanagar?
Ans. The semester wise fees at RGGP are as follows:
- For the first semester alone, a fee of around INR 10,375 will be charged.
- For Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Semester, the fee amount is around INR 4,975.00
Ques. What is the estimated cost of boarding/lodging at RGGPT Itanagar?
Ans. Estimated cost of boarding and lodging in hostel:
- Room rent- INR 3,600.00 Per Annum
- Maintenance- INR 1,000.00 Per Annum
- Newspapers- INR 75.00 Per Annum
- Caution money- INR 2,000.00 once at the beginning
- Mess deposit- INR 1,000.00 once at the beginning
Ques. What are the contact details of RGGPT Itanagar?
- Address- Rajiv Gandhi Polytechnic Itanagar, Vivek Vihar Itanagar, Papumpare Arunachal Pradesh, Pincode-791113.
- Landline- 0360-255221
- Fax- 0360-255303