Established in 2016, Ranaghat Government Polytechnic, Nadia is a public institute in West Bengal. It is affiliated to West Bengal State Council of Technical Education (WBSCTE) and is recognised by All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE). The College offers Polytechnic Diploma courses in 3 branches, namely- Automobile Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. Admission to the institute is on the basis of entrance examination followed by counseling conducted by WBSCTE.
Ranaghat Government Polytechnic Highlights
|Established I Institute Type||2016 I Government|
|Affiliated with||West Bengal State Council of Technical Education|
|Entrance Exam||JEXPO/ VOCLET|
|Campus Area||4.7 Acres|
|Facilities Provided||Library, Computer Lab|
Ranaghat Government Polytechnic Courses
|Diploma||Automobile Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering||Duration: 3 Years or 2 Years for Lateral Entry
Eligibility: Passed 10th from a recognized board
Selection Criteria: JEXPO or VOCLET (for Lateral Entry)
Ranaghat Government Polytechnic Admissions
Admissions to Ranaghat Government Polytechnic, Nadia are entrance-based. Candidates willing to take admission into the first year must appear in JEXPO (Joint Entrance Examination For Polytechnic). While for admission into second year, they need to appear in VOCLET. The counseling process is conducted by West Bengal State Council of Technical Education.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of WEBSCTE.
- Now under Admission, click on the Diploma course and then select ‘JEXPO’ or ‘VOCLET’
- Register by providing details
- Fill the application form and also upload the documents
- Pay the requisite application fee
- Submit the application form
Ranaghat Government Polytechnic Scholarship
As Ranaghat Govt Polytechnic, Nadia is a government Institute the fee structure of this college is quite affordable. However, students can also avail scholarships offered by the government as mentioned below:
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Specially Abled Students: For candidates admitted in First year or Second year lateral entry with family income not more than 8 lakhs per annum.
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls: For girl candidates admitted in First year or Second year lateral entry with family income not more than 8 lakhs per annum.
Ranaghat Government Polytechnic Facilities
Brief description about the facilities available in the college is given below :
- Library: The College has a well maintained library for its students. The library is equipped with all the reading material required by the students. Students can get books issued as per the rules of the Library.
- Laboratories : There are separate labs for all the different diploma branches. All these labs have modern infrastructure where students get practical knowledge of their studies.
Ques. What is the intake for the Diploma courses at Ranaghat Government Polytechnic?
Ans. The college intake is as follows:
- Automobile Engineering: 26
- Electrical Engineering: 6
- Mechanical Engineering: 8
Ques. What is the fees structure for Ranaghat Government Polytechnic?
Ans. The fee structure for Government Polytechnics is given below:
- Admission Fee Rs.200/- (during 1st admission in every year)
- Tuition Fee Rs.50/- per month
- Caution Deposit Rs.35/-
- Session Charge Rs.50/-
Ques. What are the contact details of Ranaghat Government Polytechnic?
- Address: Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal -741201.
- Phone: 03473-295505
- Email: email@example.com
Ques. Is there an age limit for JEXPO 2021 or VOCLET 2021?
Ans. To be eligible for JEXPO 2021, candidates must be born on or after 1st July 2005. There is no upper age limit for any of these exams.
Ques. What is the eligibility for admission at Ranaghat Government Polytechnic?
Ans. For admissions into First years, candidates should have passed 10th SSC (high school/10th) or equivalent exam from any recognized board. The selections are based upon the JEXPO score.
Whereas, for Lateral entry, candidates should have passed class cleared two years regular ITI course after 10th or passed 12th examination from a recognised board. The admissions are based upon the VOCLET score.