Government Polytechnic Panji (GPP) is one of the best colleges in Goa. The College is affiliated to Goa State Directorate of Technical Education and has got its approval from AICTE. This College offers Different types of diploma Courses across varied branches to its students. Students are provided admissions to the college through the Centralised counselling conducted by Directorate of Technical Education under the Goa State government. It is one of the oldest and biggest Colleges in Goa. The college provide its students with the best of Facilities to compete with all the future competitions, which aids them in developing individual skills.
GPP Panji Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1963 | Government|
|Courses Offered||11 Courses Across 4 Streams|
|Campus Area||20 Acres|
|Key Facilities Available||Library and Laboratories|
GPP Panji Courses
All the diploma courses expect the students to secure a minimum of 40 % marks in the 10th examinations by having the compulsory subjects like Mathematics, Science, and English. Further details of the courses are detailed below.
|Diploma Name||Duration||Total Seats|
|Food Technology||3.5 years||45|
|Fabrication Technology & Erection||4 years||30|
GPP Panji Admission
Admissions to the college are given through the Centralised counselling conducted by DTE (Directorate of Technical Education). The Admission are given purely based on the merit list prepared as per marks scored by the applicants.
- The Application forms can be filled through online mode only by visiting the college official site.
- Candidate must take printout of the filled Form after submission of Application Fees.
- Students who get shortlisted based on their meritorious ranking have to report for Admissions should carry all his original documents with them along with some photo copies.
- After the whole procedure seats are allocated to students as per their merit rank and Choices Filled by them.
GPP Panji Placements
Training and Placement Department of this College was established in year 1975. This department works whole heartedly to enhance the skills of the students. They work regularly to provide students practical knowledge of their study.
- Industrial visits are also organised to provide students with the real time experience of the working process in Industries.
- Campus Interviews are also conducted to provide students with the opportunity of Placement in well reputed companies.
- A Great number of companies visit this college to provide students Good Internships.
GPP Panji Scholarships
It is a Government Institute thus the fee structure of the college is quite affordable. Still there is availability of different type of Scholarships for the students under some specific Eligibility Criteria. More details about this are given below:
- Students belonging to SC/ST category can get a chance of 100% Scholarship on Tution Fee. The only Criteria is that their Family Income should be less than 2.5 Lakh/Annum.
- The college also help its students to apply for the scholarships provided by the State as well as Central Govt.
GPP Panji Facilities
Following are some basic details about the facilities provided by the college administration to its students:
- Hostels- There is availability of separate Hostels for Boys and Girls. Both the hostels are facilitated with all the basic requirements of the students. The students are provided with a very Friendly and vibrant Environment in the Hostels.
- Library- The College library has a vast number of books stored for the students. Many types of journals are also available there. Students can get any material issued to them as per the rules of Library.
GPP Panji Faculty
GPP GOA has a team of highly qualified and fully dedicated Faculty Working under the Leadership of Principal L.R Fernandes. There are a total of 40 members in the Faculty of this college. The distribution of the Faculty Members as per designation is given in the table below:
|Head of Department (HOD)||04|
GPP Panji FAQs
Ques. What are the working hours of library in GPP Panji?
Ans. The usual working hours of the institution library ranges from 9 am to 5.15 pm on all the working days of the college.
Ques. What is the marks criteria to apply for admission at GPP Panji?
Ans. One should have scored at least 35% marks in his/ her previous Exams from a recognized institution to apply for admission here.
Ques. What is the application fee to apply for admissions in GPP Panji?
Ans. The application fee to apply for admission into the institution is INR 1,500. The application fee once paid is deemed non-refundable.
Ques. Is there any age limit to apply for getting admission into GPP Panji?
Ans. No, there is no specific age limit to apply for Admissions into the diploma courses offered here. However, basic eligibility has to be satisfied.
Ques. What are the ways by which GPP Panji can be contacted to redress any query?
Ans. One can ask queries at the details mentioned below:
- Mail ID- email@example.com
Phone contact- 9326111615