Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College was founded by Arasan A.M. S Ganesan in 1981. It is a Government-aided College which was made by the order of Tamil Nadu government. Arasan Ganesan polytechnic college is affiliated to the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu and is approved by AICTE. It is situated near Sivakasi-Virudhunagar main road approximately 9 km away from Sivakasi town. Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College offers a course of 3-years duration diploma courses in different streams of Engineering domain.
Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College Sivakasi Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1981 | Government-Aided|
|Affiliation||State Board of Technical Education, Tamil Nadu|
|Top Recruiters||ITC, CEAT, HYUNDAI, etc|
|Campus Area||50 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Computer centre, Library, Printing Technology Lab, Hostel, Canteen, Field, etc|
Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College Sivakasi Courses
Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College offers Diploma courses in various streams. The Diploma Course of Engineering Domain shall be completed in the time period of 3 Academic Years, which consist of 6 semesters i.e., 2 semesters in each Academic Year. Eligibility for all the diploma courses is the same i.e. the student should have passed SSLC or any other exam recognized by the institution.
|Diploma (Engineering)||Civil, Mechanical, Electronics and Communication, Printing Technology, Electrical and Electronics, Computer, and Basic Engineering||3 years|
Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College Sivakasi Admission
There is no need of securing any ranking since the admission is only merit-based. 25 seats are reserved for PWD students. Total Intake for each course is around 60+ 12 (Lateral entry).
The application form is accepted only through offline mode.
- Applicants are required to visit the office of the institution during the working hours so that they can collect the application form and register themselves.
- Applicants should fill the form with the utmost accuracy by entering their personal and educational details, etc.
- Since the selection criteria is Merit-based, the applicants should make sure that they fulfil the minimum criteria.
- Merit list might be released based on 10th marks.
- Candidates selected should submit all the required documents and the fees for the course.
Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College Sivakasi Placements
Like any other Polytechnic/Engineering based college, Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College also has a hard-working Training and Placement Cell which consists of a Placement officer and a team comprising of all HODs and the student co-ordinators of all the branches.
Activities performed by the Placement Cell of the institution are:
- Looking for potential recruiters and inviting them to the college for the campus drives conducted every year.
- Arranging In-Plant Training for Students in their respective domain/stream.
- Conducting Placement oriented Training sessions from 1st year itself.
Some placement highlights of the institution are given below:
- Highest salary package offered: INR 4.2 LPA
- Average salary package offered: INR 2.4 LPA
- Number of companies participated: 15+
- Number of New Recruiters: 2
- Lowest salary package offered: INR 1.2 LPA
- Giants of various field such as ITC, hotpack (Dubai), Hyundai, Seat, etc come at the institution for recruitment of students as a part of the institution Campus drive.
Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College Sivakasi Facilities
Facilities that are available at the institution include:
- CLAIR- It corresponds to the Centre for Library and Information Resources. Library of the institution contains a number of book and other exciting collections numbering around 23,000 with the following resources in it: Book bank- 1453 Books; Video and Audio cassettes- 260; Compact DVDs- 2000; Periodicals - 90+ 2 Foreign Journals; Newspapers - 6 per day; and National Geographic Magazines and CDs - a collection of around 100 years.
- Sports space- The institution provides the students with facilities to play all the major Outdoor and Indoor Games like Hockey, Volley-Ball, Basket-Ball, Hand-Ball, Cricket, Football Carrom, Chess, Badminton, and Table-Tennis.
- Hostels- There are separate hostels for both Boys and Girls. For Boys, there are 2 Hostels namely Saraswathi Ganesan Student’s Hostel and A.M.S.G. Jeyagraham Student’s Hostel having a capacity to accommodate 300 and 200 students respectively. Both the hostels are equipped with every essential a student need like furniture, hygienic food, and Bacteria-free water, etc. For Girls, the hostel is provided with accommodation capacity of 25 students having the same facilities for boys. Both the hostels have ramp facilities for students with disabilities.
- Transport Facilities -Transport facilities are available for both students and teachers. The buses operate between Sivakasi, Virudhunagar, and the college. In the case of Industrial visit and tours, buses are accessible to both the students and teachers.
- Canteen- The canteen is accessible for both the students and teachers to have snacks and beverages. It also provides tiffin service.
Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College Sivakasi Faculty
The faculty of the Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College are highly educated and reputed in their field of expertise. Each department is having 1 HOD with 1-2 Deputy Co-ordinator and along with the Lecturers. Stats of the institution faculty are:
- Total Departments: 7
- HODs: 7
- Deputy Co-Ordinator: 9
- Lecturers: 48
- Assistants: 27
Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College Sivakasi FAQs
Ques. What SSLC percentile do I need for Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College Sivakasi?
Ques. What is the significance of Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College Sivakasi?
Ques. What is the placement process of Summer Internships at Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College Sivakasi?
Ques. Which is the best course of Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College Sivakasi?
Ques. Does Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic College Sivakasi require a test to prove proficiency in English?