Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Tirupati is a public research and education institute, located in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India. It was established in 2015 as an autonomous institute that was set up by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
The institute offers masters and doctoral degrees that are BS-MS dual degree program and Integrated Ph.D. program and Ph.D. program for broad areas of research in Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Climate Science, Mathematics, Physics. For each subject, different departments are functioning. Admissions are offered based on the Entrance exam for the BS-MS dual degree and for the I-PhD and Ph.D. degree written exam/ Interview is conducted.
The Separate cutoff will be released based on the different channels for which the applicant had applied
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Highlights
|Established by||Ministry of Human Resource development|
|Campus area||1 hectare.|
|Courses offered||BS-MS dual, I -Ph.D., PhD|
|Admission criteria||Entrance exam & Merit exam|
|Facilities||Research related equipment offered by various departments, Hostel, Health Centre, Canteen, Gymnasium, Sports Facilities, Daycare facilities, Guesthouse.|
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Courses offered
|BS-MS program||Eligibility: Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream.
Selection Criteria:Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) or JEE-Advanced or State and Central Boards Channel (SCB).
|Integrated Ph.D. program||Eligibility: Completion of a bachelor’s degree in any branch of science.A student with a minimum of 60 % marks in aggregate or CGPA 6 in B.Sc./B.Tech/B.E. or any equivalent degree,
Selection Criteria: JGEEBILS/JAM/NBHM scholarship. Students will be selected based on interviews.
|Ph.D.||Eligibility: Candidates with minimum 55% marks in aggregate or CGPA 6.0 in the master's degree in Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biology or ME/M.Tech or any equivalent degree.Candidates with BE/B. Tech degree with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 on a 10-point scale can also apply. IISER BS-MS (All IISERs) Dual degree students with CGPA >= 8.0 are eligible + GATE/CSIR/UGC-JRF/CSIR/NET-LST-LS/INSPIRE PhD
Specializations: Biology, Chemistry, Earth & Climate Sciences, and associated interdisciplinary areas of research.
|Ph.D. Physics||Eligibility: Candidates with minimum 55% marks in aggregate or CGPA 6.0 in a Master's degree in required specailization with minimum 60% marks in aggregate or CGPA 6.5 + CSIR/UGC/NET or JEST or GATE Score|
Read More: IISER Courses and Fees
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Admissions
Admissions at IISER Tirupati is either Entrance-based or Interviews. Candidates for courses like BS-MS Programme are selected based on the entrance test. Whereas candidates for courses such as IPhd and Ph.D. are selected based on written tests followed by the interview process.
How to apply?
The student who wishes to apply at IISER Tirupati may follow the below step for the admission process
- Only online applications will be accepted
- Applicants can submit their forms for the respective departments using the following links
- The candidates must fill in the necessary details
- Payment of application fee
- Shortlist for eligible candidates will be released on the official websites
- The shortlisted candidates then will be called for an Entrance test/ Written test/ Interview depending on the course they have chosen
- For BS-MS admission Three separate lists are released based on the channel through which the candidate had applied for the admission KVPY, JEE, and SCB.
- For PhD and I Phd Written test/ Interview and final selection will be based upon interview.
- 10th Certificate and Mark list (if applicable)
- 12th Certificate and Mark list
- UG Degree Certificate (if applicable)
- PG Degree Certificate and Mark list (if applicable)
- Conduct Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Passport-size photographs.
- Scanned Signature
- ID proof like Aadhaar, PAN, license, etc.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Fellowships
- Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship-
- The Prime Minister's Research Fellows (PMRF) Scheme seeks to attract the best talent into research thereby realizing the vision of development through innovation. The candidates will be selected through a rigorous selection process and their performance will be reviewed suitably through a national convention.
- Post Doctoral Research Fellowship -IISER Tirupati has an active Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship (PDRF) Program to enable highly motivated young researchers to research the frontier areas of Science and Technology. Applications are invited twice a year, in April and October, for the appointment of post-doctoral fellows in the various research areas.
Read More: IISER Placements
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Facilities
- Guest House
- Hostel - 24x7 security services and separate hostels for boys and girls. The hostel has 4 floors with overall 184 rooms that are well furnished with equipment. Drinking water and washing machine facilities are provided on each floor. On the ground floor, we have a Gym, a room for music practice and indoor games, a well-furnished study room, a TV Hall, a wellness clinic, a modern kitchen, and a spacious dining hall.
- Health center for medical assistance and ambulance facilities.
- Gym- Well equipped gym for cardio and strength exercises .gym is fully air-conditioned and a training facility for newcomers.
- Sports - For sports-related activities, both outdoor and indoor facility is provided
- Daycare facility for both students and employees equipped with a facility for children.
Ques. What is the current location?
Ans. Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Tirupati
C/o Sree Rama Engineering College (Transit Campus),
Rami Reddy Nagar, Karakambadi Road, Mangalam (P.O.) Tirupati -517507.Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
Ques. Where will be the permanent campus located?
Ans. The permanent campus of IISER will come up at Srinivasapuram and Panguru of Yerpedu Mandal, just 3 kilometres from IIT Tirupati campus.
Ques. Does the college have a grievance cell?
Ans. Due to covid 19 a grievance cell has been created. Any grievance shall be made in writing by email id. firstname.lastname@example.org
Ques. Different activities and clubs in the college?
Ans. Yes, The college has Dhwani college magazine, Bio-Wissen is a platform for bio enthusiasts to participate in active discussions and presentations on different topics in biology-related areas, quiz club, movie club, Astronomy Club, Unnati tutoring sessions for underprivileged students, sports club, art club, The Photography Club, The Birding club, The Math Club,
Physics Club, Classical Arts Club, The Lit Club.
Ques. Can I apply for an i-PhD in more than one discipline?
Ans. If you meet the eligibility criteria for more than one discipline, you can apply for both the disciplines by filing their respective application forms.