M H Saboo Siddik Polytechnic, established in 1984, is located in Mumbai. It is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and is approved by the DTE Government of Maharashtra. The college offers 3 years Full-time Diploma of Engineering courses in 7 different specializations namely Information technology, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Automobile Engineering. These courses are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), and National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
The students have to apply through the Centralized Application Process (CAP). The admission to the courses of this college is done on the basis of the rules and regulation of Directorate of Technical Education.
M H Saboo Siddik Polytechnic Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1984| Public|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Courses Offered||Diploma in engineering|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports, Bank|
M H Saboo Siddik Polytechnic Courses
M H Saboo Siddik Polytechnic Engineering college offers Diploma in Engineering full-time course in 7 specializations. The below table gives the course details
|Course||Specialization||Total seats available||Duration||Eligibility Criteria|
|Aided Diploma||Civil Engineering||47||3 years||Candidate must pass 10+2 with minimum 50%|
|Un-aided Diploma||Electronics and telecommunication||63|
|Diploma||Interior Designing and Decoration||80||3 years||10+2 with Science subjects|
M H Saboo Siddik Polytechnic Admission
The candidates are selected on the basis of the rules and regulation of the Directorate of Technical Education. On being shortlisted, the candidates must attend the counseling conducted by the respective governing bodies.
How to apply?
The candidates can apply to the courses through CAP.
- Candidates can visit the official website
- He/ she must register using a valid email ID and phone number, and log in to their account using the OTP
- Fill in the form with correct information and upload the scanned documents where needed. Uploading of scanned documents are mandatory
- Pay the application fee via any online mode
- Submit and check the printout of the filled form for future requirements.
The admission for Diploma in Interior Designing and Decoration (IDD) are held offline and students have to obtain prospectus and forms from college itself.
M H Saboo Siddik Polytechnic Facility
The college offers all the basic facilities needed by the students. These include:
- Library: MHSS Polytechnic provides the library facility to its students. It consists of more than 3000 books including national and international journals, books from different fields. Students can issue books against their library cards
- Training & Placement Office: The Training and Placement office deals with the development of skills and to make the students industry-ready. Mock tests are taken on a regular basis.
- Laboratory: The college has a well equipped, modern laboratory separately for each branch.
- Other facilities: Other facilities provided by the college include College canteen, Students Counseling room, Bank Facility, Applied chemistry lab, Women's’ development, Students common room, Ladies rest and recreation room, Hostel, etc.
M H Saboo Siddik Polytechnic Faculty
MHSSP Mumbai’s teaching faculties are not only highly educated and experienced but also refine their knowledge continuously through engaging themselves in Faculty development programs. Most of them have numerous research and text publications in their name. The faculty members also head different societies and clubs. They are also the head of Anti Ragging and complaints Cell.
The teachers not only focus on theory but also train the students well in practical aspects of course. The president of the college is Dr. Zahir I Kazi.
M H Saboo Siddik Polytechnic Scholarship
The College offers many scholarships for the needy and meritorious students and also for the muslim students to help them uplift themsleves. Some of them are:
- Maulana Azad Minority Scholarship
- National Scholarships
- Reserved Category Scholarship ( Caste )
- Minority Scholarship
M H Saboo Siddik Polytechnic FAQs
Ques. What is the location of the M H Saboo Siddik Polytechnic?
Ans. The M H Saboo Siddik Polytechnic is located in Mumbai. The address of the college is 8. Saboo Siddik Polytechnic Road, Byculla, Mumbai, 400008.
Ques. How is the admission procedure for the M H Saboo Siddik Polytechnic college ?
Ans. The students have to apply through the Centralized Application Process (CAP). The admission to the courses of this college is done on the basis of the rules and regulation of Directorate of Technical Education.
Ques. How is the hostel facility?
Ans. M H Saboo Siddik Polytechnic provides a good hostel facility. The hostel rooms are spacious, well equipped. Students can opt for rooms of their choices. The annual charges for each differ accordingly. There are hostel facilities for both boys and girls separately.
Ques. Does M H Saboo Siddik Polytechnic provide masters in Engineering degree?
Ans. No, M H Saboo Siddik Polytechnic provides only Diploma in Engineering degree in 7 specialization namely Information technology, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Automobile Engineering.
Ques. Does MHSSP College have a uniform system?
Ans. Yes, MHSSP has a proper uniform system for all its Diploma students.
For Boys: White Shirt, Navy Blue Trouser and Black Shoes.
For Girls: White Kameez, White Salwar, Blue Dupatta and Black Shoes.