Global Institute of Intellectual Property (GIIP) is a training institution co-headquartered at New Delhi, India and at San Jose, USA. The institute offers a PG Diploma and Certificate in the discipline of Intellectual Property Rights and Patent Management and many more. The program is designed for science, engineering, law graduates, postgraduates, PhDs, working professionals and corporate teams. The institute has a campus in Bangalore as well.
Global Institute of Intellectual Property Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2007 | Private|
|Courses Offered||PG Certificate & Diploma|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Top Recruiters||Airbus, GE, SABIC, Honeywell, Siemens, Robert Bosch, Qualcomm, Ericsson, Mankind Pharma, Piramal Healthcare, Lupin|
|Admission Helpdesk||+91 93102 55573|
|Address||ELCINA House, 422 Okhla Industrial Estate,
Phase III, New Delhi, India 110020
Global Institute of Intellectual Property Courses
GIIP offers a PG Diploma and Certificate in the discipline of Intellectual Property Rights and Patent Management and many more. Mentioned below are the details for the same:
Course 1: Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights and Patent Management
- Eligibility: Post Graduates in Pharma/ Biotech/ Engineering or Technical Graduates with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks + well versed in Reading and Writing English, followed by Personal Interview.
- Duration: 9 months
- Intake: 50
Course 2: Postgraduate Certificate in Intellectual Property Law and Practice
- Eligibility: Postgraduates in Law/ Management or Technical graduates
- Duration: 3 months
Global Institute of Intellectual Property Admission
The application form will be evaluated by the GIIP Selection Committee for assessing the eligibility of the applicant for the program.
How to Apply?
Download the application form from the official website of the institute or contact the training centers in Delhi and Bangalore. The application form is free of cost. However, the candidates have to pay a registration fee of INR 25,000 along with the cheque or DD to be made in favor of the `Global Institute of Intellectual Property Pvt. Ltd.`, payable at New Delhi.
- All qualified applicants will be informed of their selection.
- All selected applicants will be asked to contact the respective local centres for completing the enrolment process.
Global Institute of Intellectual Property Placement
GIIP helps participants find career opportunities in renowned organizations in India with improved roles and responsibilities and attractive remuneration. GIIP has tie-ups with MNCs, Law Firms, R&D Institutions, KPOs and Indian Corporations for placement of its graduates. Some of the placement highlights are:
- Maximum Salary Package: INR 13.5 LPA
- Average Salary Package: INR 4.5 LPA
- Top Recruiters: Airbus, GE, SABIC, Honeywell, Siemens, Robert Bosch, Qualcomm, Ericsson, Mankind Pharma, Piramal Healthcare, Lupin, Aurobindo Pharma, Sanofi Aventis, Biocon, CPA Global, Evalueserve, Sagacious and many leading IP Firms & Companies, etc.
Check: GIIP New Delhi Placement
Global Institute of Intellectual Property Scholarship
GIIP offers the following sponsored scholarships and corporate sponsorships for deserving meritorious and needy students:
Academic Scholarships: These are awarded to a limited number of students. On joining the program, the candidates will be provided with an application form to fill the scholarship application, which will be forwarded to various Organizations, who have committed to offering scholarships to outstanding candidates, along with the student’s profile. Financial need is considered but is not a requirement. The selected candidates for the scholarship will be informed within 45 days of the start of the program.
Industry Sponsored Scholarships: These scholarships are available for meritorious students only.
The following are the other scholarships offered at GIIP:
|Scholarships Offered||Heim Joshi Scholarship, Jerry Rao Scholarship|
|Eligibility Criteria||Toppers of the 1st Trimester Exam at GIIP|
|Mode of Application||To be submitted after admission to the PGD|
|Amount of Scholarship||INR 50,000 each|
|Number of Scholarship||3|
Sponsorship: Corporate sponsorships available for pre-screened, selected candidates You can apply for the corporate sponsorship after passing the Online Test. For further details, contact your local centre.
- Scholarships are available only for students enrolled in the full-time program.
- GIIP has the sole discretion to discontinue scholarships for non-performing students.
- The filling of the scholarship application form does not guarantee the scholarship amount.
Global Institute of Intellectual Property FAQs
Ques. Does the Global Institute of Intellectual Property provide any education loan available for these programs?
Ans. Education Loans from HDFC banks and HDFC Credila Financial Services Private Ltd are available. Candidates who qualify the selection process can apply for the loan, which normally takes 8-10 working days for processing. GIIP allows payment of program fees in 3 equal interest-free installments.
Ques. If I am not technically qualified can I still be an IP professional?
Ans. In case you are not technically qualified, you need to be at least a law graduate to be in the IP profession.
Ques. Does Global Institute of Intellectual Property offer any additional program?
Ans. Global Institute of Intellectual Property offers Executive Post Graduate Program in Patent Protection, Enforcement and Management to the students who have completed their post-graduation in Science, Engineering or Technical graduates with minimum 1 year of work experience. The total duration of the program is 8 weeks.
Ques. Does the Global Institute of Intellectual Property provide internships to students?
Ans. Yes, GIIP arranges for internships followed by placement. The profile of companies range from MNCs, India Corporate, LPOs, Law Firms and R&D Organizations. The institute offers 3 months Industry Internship to the students of PG Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights and Patent Management.
Ques. How is the faculty of Global Institute of Intellectual Property?
Ans. GIIP has highly qualified and experienced faculty comprises of Professors from the US and Indian Law Schools, practicing IP Attorneys & Patent Agents, Professionals from USPTO, EPO, India PTO and an in-house team of US trained professors.
Ques. Why should I join the Global Institute of Intellectual Property?
Ans. The following are the key benefits of joining the Global Institute of Intellectual Property:
- World-class training services in ALL areas of Intellectual Property and Patents
- Focus on US, EU and Indian IP laws and processes
- Practical hands-on training with a focus on live and recent case studies, examples, and related case laws.
- Custom programs for Corporate, MNCs, Law Firms and KPOs to meet the IP needs of the in-house teams.
- Tie-up with the University of Washington, CASRIP, a highly respected centre of research and analysis in Global IP.
- Strong tie-ups with MNCs, Law Firms, R&D Institutions, KPOs and Indian Corporations for the placement of GIIPians.