Central Institute of Post-Harvest Engineering and Technology (CIPHET) is an institute to take up Lead Researches in the area of post-harvest engineering and technology suitable for agricultural production and agro-industries.CIPHET will be a good option for those who want to pursue research studies like Ph.D./M.Phil in the area of post-harvest engineering and technology suitable for agricultural production, catchments, and agro-industries and areas related to this field after their post-graduation in the respective area.
CIPHET is equipped with all types of post-harvest machines that can encourage mechanization and are agro and user-friendly equipment. It also offers training to students pursuing a Bachelor of Technology (Agricultural Engineering).
CIPHET Ludhiana Highlights
|Established I Institute Type||1989 I Public|
|Set Up By||Central Government Of India|
|Courses Offered||M.Phil/Ph.D., EDP|
|Course Duration||2-3 Years|
CIPHET Ludhiana Courses
Central Institute of Post-Harvest Engineering and Technology offers training programs normally for a one-week duration to students, rural youth, entrepreneurs, educational institutions, and food processing industries, NGOs, and other organizations. The training program is made to train trainees with the required skills in which the main emphasis is laid on entrepreneurship development.
Some of the entrepreneurship development training programs (EDP) provided by CIPHET Ludhiana are given below:-
|Subject Area Programs|
|Manufacturing of chili powder and paste||Processing of groundnut from milk and curd|
|Value Added Products from meat||Tomato puree manufacturing and bottling technology|
|Extrusion processing technology||Ginger, garlic, and onion dehydration technology|
|Soybean processing into value-added products||Preservation of fruits and vegetables through dehydration for making value-added products|
|Evaporative cooled structure for cultivation in the storage of off seasonal crops||Modified atmosphere packaging of fresh and minimally processed vegetables|
CIPHET Ludhiana Facilities
Given below are the facilities available for students and teachers at Central Institute of Post-Harvest Engineering and Technology:
- Workshop: The workshop at CIPHET has all types of post-harvest machines that can encourage mechanization and are user friendly. There is an In-charge to look after that all the e-works goes smoothly and a human resource development department with thorough knowledge and skill for the workshop.
- AKMU: Agricultural Knowledge Management Unit (AKMU) at CIPHET is for the scientists and staff members for data analysis and electronic communication. The unit has the latest eighteen desktop computers and also has more than 100 desktop computers which are well connected through Wi-Fi.
- Library: The fully functional library at ICAR-CIPHET acts as a nucleus of knowledge and information to the institute's directive. There is a collection of books related to processing, food engineering, food microbiology, food biochemistry, food biotechnology, etc. and the library also has an e-Resources department.
- Guest House: The guest house facility at ICAR- CIPHET provides comfortable and systemic accommodations to the new recruitments as well as for students coming here from faraway places and is well managed by the faculty.
- Canteen: The ICAR -CIPHET Beautiful campus also has a canteen facility for the Faculty members as well as the students and fellow school to cater to everyone's snacking needs.
CIPHET Ludhiana Faculty
Central Institute of Post-Harvest Engineering and Technology has highly qualified faculty which is committed to imparting strong high-level educational foundations and values in the heart, thoughts, and minds of the students regarding research in the area of post-harvest engineering and technology suitable for agricultural production, catchments, and agro-industries. The total strength of the faculty is 70 including the scientists, administration, technical, supporting staff, etc. each well trained and educated in their area of expertise.
Read more: CIPHET Ludhiana Faculty
CIPHET Ludhiana FAQs
Ques. Does CIPHET provide hostel facilities to students?
Ques. Is there a cut-off criterion in the admission process to get into CIPHET?
Ques. What other courses does CIPHET offer to students?
Ques. Does CIPHET offer regular courses?