National Institute of Fashion Technology is a prestigious institute in the field of design and fashion technology. There are16 campuses of this institute spread across the country. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Raebareli was founded in the year 2007. It is a public institute and is approved by AICTE. The institute offers B.Des. across 4 specializations at the UG level and MFM at the PG level. Admissions to the courses are done through entrance exams conducted every year.
NIFT Raebareli Important Dates
|Online Registration||21 Jan, 2021|
|Online Registration with late fee||24 Jan, 2021|
|Releasing of Admit Card||01 Feb, 2021|
|Entrance Exam||14 Feb, 2021|
NIFT Raebareli Highlights
|Established | Institute type||2007 | Public|
|Courses offered||B.Des. & MFM|
|Entrance Exam Accepted||GAT and CAT|
|Campus area||11.46 acres|
NIFT Raebareli Courses
National Institute of Fashion Technology, Raebareli offers the following courses at the UG and PG level:
Read more: NIFT Raebareli Courses & Fees
NIFT Raebareli Admission
National Institute of Fashion Technology conducts entrance exam every year for admissions in undergraduate and postgraduate courses. For UG admission, the written test consists of Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT). The shortlisted candidates need to appear in situation test
For the M.F.M program, the admission is done based on a written test consisting of a General Ability Test (GAT) followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
In the case of foreign nationals, candidates must have a valid SAT score for B.Des. admission and GMAT score for MFM admission
How to apply?
- Visit the official website of NIFT and read the prospectus
- Fill the application form
- Pay the application fee through Bank DD or online payment gateway
- The demand draft needs to be issued in favor of ‘NIFT HO’ payable at New Delhi.
- Candidates applying through DD have to send the printout of the application form, along with the DD on the following address:
The Project Manager - CMS
All India Management Association (AIMA)
15 Link Road, Lajpat Nagar - Part 3
New Delhi - 110024
Read more: NIFT Raebareli Admissions
NIFT Raebareli Placements
National Institute of Fashion Technology conducts a centralized placement procedure. Every year students of all centres participate in this centralized process. Students get placements in a diverse type of industries of Manufacturing, Design, and Marketing As per the data, 75-90% of students are placed every year
Some of the top recruiters are- Adidas, Levis, Raymond, ITC Ltd, Shopper's Stop, Reliance, Vishal Mega Mart, Pantaloons, Puma, Nike, The Home Shop, Liberty, Bata, Titan, Fossil, Tanishq, Honda, Taj hotels, Westside, Lifestyle, Vogue, Times of India, Spykar, Snapdeal and many more.
Read more: NIFT Raebareli Placement
NIFT Raebareli Facilities
- Hostel- The institute provides hostel accommodation to both boys and girls candidates. Professional security is provided 24×7. And hostels are well furnished with all the essential requirements of the students. Also, indoor and outdoor games are available inside the hostel campus.
- Computer Labs- The computer labs are air-conditioned. These labs are used by students to integrate fashion and information technology together.
- Library or Resource centre- They have the best collection of books, magazines, fashion journals, and periodicals which allows the students to explore and learn. The resource centre is also treasured with graduation projects, craft documents, design prototypes, and craft documentation projects.
- Amphitheatre- This is available for the student presentation and design collection showcases.
- Recreation zone- There are several options for recreational activities in this college as they have a number of clubs like Cultural and Dramatic club, Sports club, Adventure and Photography club, Social service, and Environment club.
- Cafeteria- They have fully air-conditioned cafeteria with a friendly environment and a variety of food items.
- Medical facilities- The college has proper health care set up on the campus, and a doctor visits regularly. Also, students can unhesitatingly approach the psychologist for regular counseling inside the campus
Read more: NIFT Raebareli Hostel
NIFT Raebareli FAQs
Ques. What is the amount of application fees?
Ans. The application fee is INR 2000 (for General/OBC/Gen-EWS category) and is INR 1000 (for SC/ST/PWD category)
Ques. Is it necessary to do an internship in the same centre?
Ans. No, students can take internships anywhere in India/ Abroad with the consent of the department.
Ques. Is the campus ragging free?
Ans. The campus has an anti-ragging committee comprising faculties and other staff to ensure that there are no such issues with the students.
Ques. How many rounds of counselling are there?
Ans. There are several rounds of counselling done up to complete fill-up of seats. These are held at 16 campuses of NIFT all over India.
Ques. What is the duration of entrance exams and when it is held?
Ans. The duration for the GAT is 3 hours and the CAT is 2 hours. The entrance exam is held in the month of January every year
Ques. What is the weightage of the written exam and situation test/ interview?
Ans. For undergraduate courses, the weightage of GAT, CAT, and situation test is 50%, 30%, and 20% respectively. For post-graduate courses, the weightage is 50% and 30% for written test and interview respectively.