Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition (IHM) was established in the year 1990. It is located in Chandigarh. It is among the 21 Central IHM’s setup by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. It is a renowned institute known for imparting hospitality education to students to train them for the hospitality industry.
IHM Chandigarh offers two courses which are B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration and Diploma in Food production. The basic eligibility criterion for Diploma in Food Production is to have passed 10+2 with English as a compulsory subject while the selection is done on the basis of percentage of marks in 10+2 examination. For B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration, the candidate must have passed 10+2 with English as one of the subjects. The selection is done on the basis of 10+2 performance and NCHM JEE Score.
A large number of companies recruit students from IHM Chandigarh and the placement season this year was no different. Leading hotel brands like Taj, Oberois, Marriott etc and companies like Starbucks, Dominos visited the campus for recruitments.
AIHM Chandigarh Highlights
The following tabulation represents the key highlights of Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel management, Catering and Nutrition:
|Established | Institute Type||1990 | Government|
|Affiliated to||National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology|
|Entrance Exam||NCHM JEE|
|Courses offered||B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration, Diploma in Food Production|
|Application Mode||Online and offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based & Entrance test|
|Top recruiters||Taj, Mc Donald’s, Burger King, Domino’s Pizza, Accor|
|Facilities Available||Medical facilities, Canteen, Sports, Hostel|
AIHM Chandigarh Ranking
The institute is recognized among the top institutes of hotel management. It has secured the 9th rank in The Week in 2019.
AIHM Chandigarh Courses
The following tabulation discusses the basic details of the courses offered at IHM Chandigarh:
|B.Sc.||Subjects: Hospitality and Hotel Administration
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Candidate must have passed 10+2 with English as compulsory subject
|Diploma||Subjects: Food Production
Duration: 1 year + 6 months Industrial training
Eligibility: The candidate must have passed 10+2 with English as a compulsory subject
For fees details, check here
AIHM Chandigarh Admission
The admissions to Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel management, Catering and Nutrition shall be merit based. It shall be based on 10+2 performance for Diploma course while for B.Sc., it shall be based on 10+2 performance and NCHMCT JEE score. NCHMCT JEE is an online exam conducted by National Testing Agency of 3 hours duration.
How to Apply?
- Candidates seeking admission to B.Sc course must apply online for the All India Joint Entrance Exam conducted by NCHM on its official website.
- Candidates must upload their digital signature, soft copy of photograph and the required documents on the site and fill the application form by filling in other academic and personal details.
- The results of the JEE are published on the NCHM official website.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their 12th examination marks and JEE score must appear for the counselling round conducted by NCHM.
Check previous year cut off for B.Sc. here
- Applications to the Diploma in Food Production course shall be invited.
- The candidates can collect the prospectus and application form personally from the institute office at Sector 42- D, Chandigarh by making a payment of Rs. 250/- (for General/ OBC Category) or Rs. 125/- for SC/ ST/ PD category by producing the caste certificate.
- The completed application form needs to be submitted by post by a demand draft of Rs. 300/- (for General/ OBC Category) or Rs. 175/- (for SC/ ST/ PwD) in favour of Principal, Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management payable at Chandigarh by stating the complete address in capital letters on the backside of Demand Draft.
AIHM Chandigarh Placements
Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel management, Catering and Nutrition has a remarkable placement and internship record. Students get offers from leading hospitality companies. Major hotel brands like Taj, Oberois, Marriott, Accor, ITC recruit from AIHM. Also, Leading brands like McDonald’s, Starbucks, Last bite foods, Domino’s Pizza, Burger King, Barbeque Nation form a major portion of the batch of recruiting companies.
AIHM Chandigarh Scholarships
To provide financial assistance to all those students who need it, Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel management, Catering and Nutrition provides various scholarship schemes. All those who are eligible for the same, need to apply online on the website of common National Scholarship Portal of Government of India by visiting the official website- www.scholarships.gov.in
AIHM Chandigarh Facilities
To cater to the needs of the students and the staff, AIHM provides a number of well-established facilities.
- Hostels- The hostels are well built and provide accommodation to 102 boys and 102 girls. Rooms are allotted on the basis of NCHMCT JEE rankings and NCHMT term and exams. To help the students staying in the hostel, there is a hostel warden along with student proctors. Those students who don’t get a room due to scarcity of accommodation are provided assistance by the institute to get a private hostel accommodation nearby on sharing basis.
- Sports- The hostel provides various sports facilities like Table Tennis, Basketball Court, Badminton court etc. The hostel also has a gym with the latest equipments for all the fitness enthusiasts.
- Medical- A qualified medical practitioner visits the campus on all working days during lunch hours to ensure that all students remain healthy. Also, after institute hours a doctor is available in the hostels. There is a provision of standard first aid facility in the labs as well.
AIHM Chandigarh Faculty
With the highly qualified staff at Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel management, Catering and Nutrition campus, the institute is committed to imparting strong educational foundations and values in the hearts, thoughts, and actions of the students. There are 21 teachers in the academics staff at different posts. The details are as follows:
- Principal- Sitesh Srivastav
- H.O.D- 2
- Sr. Lecturer- 4
- Lecturer- 7
- Assistant Lecturer- 5
- Teaching associate- 3
AIHM Chandigarh FAQs
Ques. Is there any age limit to apply for the Diploma in food production course?
Ques. What is the number of seats in the Diploma in food production course?
Ques. What are the attendance rules at AIHM?
Ques. Is there a particular dress code?
Ques. What are the different clubs at AIHM?
- Food and Beverage Service Club
- The Organising and Cultural Club
- Photography club
- Kitchen Club