International Institute of Hotel Management Pune, commonly known as the IIHM Pune, was established in 1994. The institute is recognized as one of the Best Education brands of 2020 in Hospitality Segment by The Economic Times. IIHM Pune offers 2 undergraduate degrees in different courses and one advanced diploma program. Admission to the college is done via the e-Chat test and the candidate should have passed HSC exams to be eligible for the test. The overall marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam, Group discussion, and Personal Interview decides the final selection of the candidate. Graduates from the college are placed in well-known brands such as Hilton Hotel, Richmond Hotel, Oberoi, Radisson, etc.
IIHM Pune Ranking
IIHM being the parent institute of the Pune campus is India’s largest Hospitality Education chain and it has a global collaboration with renowned universities. It is also an institutional member of the most reputed industry body – CHRIE USA. The institute has been cited and rewarded multiple times by the following:
|Title / Award||Body / Magazine|
|Brand Excellence Award in Hospitality Education||ABP News|
|Ranked No.1 Hotel Management Institute in East and Central Asia||CSR Survey|
|Among Asia’s 100 Fastest-Growing Pvt. Education Institution||KPMG|
IIHM Pune Courses
The college offers undergraduate degrees and one Advanced Diploma Program in International Hospitality Administration. A detailed description of the courses offered by the institute are below:
|BA in Hospitality Management (3 years)||BA in Hospitality Management (4 years)|
|BA in Culinary Arts||Bachelor of Tourism Studies|
|B.Sc in Hospitality Administration||Advance Program in International Hospitality Administration|
|Diploma in Hospitality Operations||Diploma in Hospitality Studies (1 year)|
|Diploma in Hospitality Studies (3 years)||Diploma in Hotel and Hospitality Administration|
|Diploma in Cabin Crew Training||Diploma in Cyber Security|
|Diploma in Data Science||Diploma in Data Analytics|
|Diploma in Digital Marketing||-|
Note: BA Hospitality Management is from the University of West London (With an option to study in London).
Read More: IIHM Pune Fee Structure
IIHM Pune Admission
Candidates seeking admission into the college can apply for it online or offline. The candidate must be below the age of 22 years while applying for admission and needs to appear for the entrance test conducted by the college called eChat. This consists of General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and English language-based questions.
How to Apply?
- Download the form from the online website or take it from the college prospectus.
- Fill in the form and submit it either to the college office or online. INR 600 will be charged as an application fee.
- Candidates now will appear for the entrance test eChat. An admit card for the test will be issued beforehand.
- Appear for the eChat exam on the dates announced by the college. (It will be conducted online due to COVID-19).
- Attend the personal interview conducted by the college face-to-face (video chat due to COVID-19).
After this, the results are announced of the rounds appeared for and the final selection is made. A Selection letter with respect to the same will be received by the candidate. The complete admission form along with the documents should then be submitted to the college. The last step is to pay the fees of the respective course and to upload the payment proof along.
Read More: IIHM Pune Admission
IIHM Pune Placements
The institute provides global opportunities to its students. IIHM alumni are spread over 60 countries in the world and it offers international internships to all its students. The international curriculum helps the students gain positions in the top hospitality groups worldwide. Compulsory training for the courses is held in Fullerton, Raffles The Plaza, Radisson; London, Hyatt Regency; Texas, Holiday Inn; Dubai and Marriott Lancaster; US. The placement rate is 100% for this institute. Some of its top recruiters include:
|Emirates||Ista Hotel||JW Marriott Group|
|Kingfisher||Radisson||Taj Group of Hotels|
|Le meridian||Oberoi||The Hilton|
Read More: IIHM Pune Placement
IIHM Pune Scholarships
Eligible students can apply for the following concessions or scholarships:
- For students with the sponsorship of a charitable organization or an NGO, the special scholarship is provided.
- Direct scholarship from the institute is offered in terms of tuition fee waivers with 2 tiers:
|Tier 1||Aggregate of 80% or above in the HSC exams||15% waiver|
|Tier 2||The aggregate of 90% or above in the HSC exams||30% waiver|
IIHM Pune Facilities
- Food & Drink Festival: Being the topmost hospitality education college in India, the institute has been organizing global fests like the Young Chef Olympiad since 2015. Over 50 countries participate and it has a distinguished panel of judges every year. A cash prize of 10000 US Dollars is awarded to the winner.
- Wi-Fi: The campus is fully Wi-Fi enabled for usage by the students and faculty/staff members. It can be used through laptops and is also available in the library and other areas.
- Hostel: The premises have a hostel facility for the students coming from outside the city and can be registered for at the time of application. Hostel facilities are available at a reasonable rate.
IIHM Pune FAQs
Ques. How do we contact IIHM Pune for further details?
Ques. How many campuses does IIHM have in total?
Ques. Who judged the last Young Chef Olympiad?
Ques. What are the facilities for training on campus?
Ques. How many campuses does IIHM have in total?