Anantha College of Law was established in the year 2008. Located in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, the institute is affiliated to Shri Venkateshwara University.
Anantha Law College offers 3-year full-time LL.B in General and Honors mode and 5-year full-time integrated BA – LL.B and B.Com- LL.B courses at UG level. The institute also offers a 2-year LL.M in four disciplines. It is offered in distance mode and Anantha College of Law acts as a study center of the Center of Distance Education (CDE), Acharya Nagarjuna University.
- For admission to BA LL.B and B.Com LL.B courses, candidates must have passed 10+2 with 45% aggregate marks or above.
- For admission to LL.B, candidates should have passed graduation degree course from a recognized institute with at least 45% marks.
- For B.Com, BA- LL.B and LL.B course candidates must have passed AP LAWCET conducted by Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapuram.
- For LLM, candidates who have a Bachelor’s degree from a BCI recognized institute are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are applying for the LLM must have to qualify AP PGLCET.
- Application forms for both the entrance exams are filled online at the website of Telangana State Council for Higher Education.
- Application forms for the LLM course are to be downloaded from the website of Acharya Nagarjuna University.
- Application for admission to the LL.B/BL through management quota without entrance examination can be obtained from Anantha College of Law, Tirupati.
Read More: Anantha College of Law Fees Structure
|Name of College||Anantha College of Law|
|Basic admission criteria||Entrance-based|
|Name of entrance||LL.B and B.Com LL.B, BA- LL.B: AP- LAWCET|
|LLM: AP- PGLCET|
Anantha College of Law, Tirupati Fees & Eligibility
|L.L.M||₹7,605 (1st Year Fees)||L.L.B.|
Anantha College of Law LL.B, BA LL.B & B.Com LL.B Admission 2021
Anantha Law College offers full-time BA –LL.B and B.Com- LL.B course along with 3 years full-time LL.B course. The LL.B course is also offered in Honours mode. The minimum eligibility for the integrated courses is 10+2 with at least 45% aggregate marks from any recognized institute and applicants of LL.B course must be a graduate in any discipline.
Candidates applying in any of the courses must have passed AP LAWCET conducted by Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapuram. The final merit list for admission is prepared considering candidates’ performance in the entrance exam.
|Course||Seats||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|LL.B||240||Graduate degree from a recognized university with 45% of aggregate marks.||AP LAWCET score|
|BA – LL.B||120||10+2 or equivalent with minimum 45% of aggregate marks.|
|B.Com - LL.B|
- AP LAWCET consists of three parts comprising of total 120 questions for 120 marks and the duration of the test is 90 minutes. There is no negative mark for incorrect answers.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST category are provided a relaxation of 5% of marks in the qualifying examinations.
- Candidates applying for 3-year LL.B Course must be maximum30 years of age (relaxation by five years in case of SCs/STs and other Backward Communities) and for 5 years LL.B. course, the age limit is 20 years (relaxation by two years in case of SCs/STs and other Backward Communities).
- 20% of the total seats are filled through management quota at the college level.
Anantha College of Law LL.M Course Admission 2021
At PG level, the institute offers LL.M in 4 disciplines. LLM is offered by the institute in part-time and is offered in Distance Mode. All LL.B/ B.L graduates are eligible for admission. Admission is based on the valid score in AP PGLCET.
|Course||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|LLM||Corporate and Securities law||LL.B. /B.L. degree from a BCI recognized institute.||AP PGLCET|
|Constitutional Law and Administration Law|
|Torts and Crimes|
- AP PGLCET exam is 90 minutes duration and consists of 120 questions of 1 mark each.
- The course is offered on Saturdays, Sundays and other Public Holidays.
- Candidates applying should have a minimum experience of 3 years as a judicial officer or 3-year standing as an advocate on the date of appearing for AP PGLCET.
- The qualifying percentage of marks in the Entrance Test is 25% (i.e. 30 marks out of total 120 marks). However, for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes, there’s no minimum qualifying percentage of marks.
Anantha College of Law Application Process 2021
Applicants who wish to choose Anantha College of Law as their Study Centre for the LLM Course, which is offered in Distance Mode by Centre of Distance Education (CDE) of the Acharya Nagarjuna University have to download the application for the same from the University website.
Candidates need to follow below-mentioned steps in order to complete the application form:
- Visit the university website.
- Click on application form tab on the home page and download the application form.
- Fill the application form with Blue or Black ink in capital letters only.
- Give three choices in preference order for study centers.
- Make an of DD of INR 110 as the application fee.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from Universities other than Acharya Nagarjuna University are required to pay extra INR 100 in addition to the fee.
- Such candidates must produce their original certificates for verification, within two months from the date of Provisional admission.
- The Application along with necessary enclosures (mentioned below) must be accompanied by a DD for the Prescribed amount drawn in favor of "The Director, Centre for Distance Education, Acharya Nagarjuna University", payable at SBI or Andhra Bank, Nagarjuna Nagar - 522 510.
Xerox copies of the following documents are too enclosed along with the application form:
- Photocopy of the density Card.
- Demand Draft / Online Payment receipt with J No.
- Xerox copy of date of Birth (SSC or equivalent or Notary).
- Xerox copies of Provisional Certificate and Marks Statements of Qualifying Examination passed.
- Attested Xerox copy of Lower Original Degree (Concerned Bachelor’s Degree).
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories must produce Xerox Copy of Caste Certificate/PH/ NCC/ Sports.
Counselling for admission to the Law courses is done by Telangana State Council for Higher Education. LAWCET/ PGLCET qualified candidates need to apply online in order to participate in counselling.
The detailed application process for counselling is as follows:
- Visit the official website.
- Enter the Hall ticket number of the CET and other details and login.
- Candidates will receive a 5 digit Pin number.
- Click on Verify to proceed with choice filling.
- A window will appear displaying College details / Information for selection.
- After doing the choice filling, candidates need to click on "SAVE & CONTINUE" to proceed for the submission of the priority list.
- Click "Final Submit" to submit the final options list.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College