Established by the Indian Army under the Army Welfare Education Society, Army Institute of Law, Mohali is affiliated to the Punjabi University of Patiala and is accredited with Grade ‘A’ by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) and approved by the BCI (Bar Council of India). Established in 1999, the Mohali campus of the Army Institute of Law was inaugurated by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam in the year 2003. The institute has been ranked at 14 by India Today, 2020 for Law.
Army Institute of Law offers undergraduate and postgraduate level programs in the field of Law. The selection for admission is on the basis of an entrance examination conducted by the respected Institute itself.
Read more: Army Institute of Law Admissions 2021
Army Institute of Law offers good placements, with 70%-80% students having been successfully placed over the last few years. The college offers several facilities like a modern gymnasium, hostel facilities and moot court that caters to the needs of the students. Students can also pursue internships at government and private organizations for more exposure in their respective field.
Army Institute of Law Admission Updates
- The registration for BA LLB course began on June 3, 2021.
- The last date to apply for the BA LLB course is June 24, 2021.
- The AIL- LET examination will be conducted through online mode on July 31, 2021.
- Results for the AIL-LET exam will be declared on August 12, 2021.
Army Institute of Law Key Points
- Army Institute of Law, Mohali, has a faculty of 18 core members, along with more than 400 students on campus. Read more: Army Institute of Law Faculty.
- The college offers 2 Programs in the field of Law at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. There are a total of 80 seats for its BA LLB and LLM Program. Know more: Army Institute of Law Courses.
- Army Institute of Law, Mohali provides good placement opportunities. Top recruiters include AZB, Howden and others. Students can also pursue internships along with their coursework. Read more: Army Institute of Law Placements.
- The college provides limited financial assistance and scholarships under the state and central government schemes. Know more: Army Institute of Law Scholarships.
Army Institute of Law Rankings
- Army Institute of Law, Mohali, Punjab has been ranked by the NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) for 3 consecutive years in 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- The institute has been ranked at 14 by India Today, 2020 in the Law category.
- The Army Institute of Law has been ranked at 16 by The Week, 2020 for Law.
- It has been ranked at 17 by The Week, 2019 amongst Law colleges.
Read more: Army Institute of Law Reviews
Army Institute of Law Courses & Fees
The institute offers two courses- an integrated BA LLB course over the span of five years and a postgraduate LLM course. Admissions to both these courses are conducted through an entrance exam conducted by the Army Institute of Law itself.
The courses offered by AIL, Mohali and their respective details are given below.
|BA LLB (Bachelors of Arts + Bachelors of Law)||Duration: 5 Years
Fees: INR 1.42 Lakhs (1st Year)
Eligibility: Passed 10+2 with an aggregate score of 45%.
Selection criteria: Entrance based (AIL LET).
|LLM (Masters of Law)||Duration: 1 Year
Fees: INR 1.55 Lakhs (1st Year)
Eligibility: Completed Graduation in the field of Law with an aggregate score of 55%.
Selection criteria: Entrance based (AIL LET).
Know more: Army Institute of Law Courses and Fees
Army Institute of Law Cut Off
The institute accepts students for its courses through the AIL- LET examination. For successful admission, students need to surpass the cut off rank required by the Army Institute of Law, Mohali.
The table given below shows the cut off rank for AIL LET in the year 2020. The cut off for the current session will be declared after the AIL LET 2021 exam takes place.
Army Institute of Law Placements
The placement cell of Army Institute of Law focuses on providing their students with practical experiences for their CV building and development as overall and offers them placements in their respective final academic year of law study program. It is responsible for providing placement opportunities along with internship experiences during summer and winter breaks to its students for exposure.
Read more: Army Institute of Law Placements
Army Institute of Law Placement Highlights 2020
- In the year 2019-2020, 16 students out of a class of 79 were successfully placed by Army Institute of Law, Mohali, Punjab.
- 6 companies visited the campus to provide placements to the students in this placement drive.
- The Lowest Package offered for placements for the year 2019-2020 at Army Institute of Law was 5.42 Lacs per annum.
- The Highest Package offered for placements for the year 2019-2020 at the institute was 14 Lacs per annum.
- Anand and Anand
Army Institute of Law FAQs
Ques. What is the application filling procedure at Army Institute of Law, Mohali, Punjab?
Ans. The application form for admissions to the Army Institute of Law, Mohali, Punjab can be filled online and will be available from June 3, 2021 till June 28, 2021 on the website portal. The application fee charged for the same is INR 3,000/-.
Ques. Can the continuing 10+2 students, awaiting for board exams, apply for admission to Army Institute of Law, Mohali, Punjab?
Ans. Yes, the students pursuing their last year in school awaiting board exams to be held can fill in the application form for admissions to Army Institute of Law, Mohali. Such candidates will be allowed to give the Entrance Examination on a provisional basis.
Ques. When can one apply for LLM (Masters of Law) at Army Institute of Law, Mohali, Punjab?
Ans. The dates for admission to the LLM (Masters of Law) Program at Army Institute of Law have been postponed for the current year due to the pandemic situation. The new dates for the same will be announced soon and will be updated on the website.
Ques. Can the candidates from all the education boards across India, having completed 10+2 apply for admissions to the Army Institute of Law?
Ans. Candidates having completed 10+2 from Punjab School Education Board or any other equivalent Board examination except the Bihar Education Board can apply for admissions to the Army Institute of Law, Mohali, Punjab.
Ques. Are there any seats reserved for any category at the Army Institute of Law?
Ans. The seats at Army Institute of Law, Mohali are reserved for Wards of Army Personnel, Punjab Resident Civil Category and All India Civil Category. Additionally, the institute also has seats for reserved category students according to the state government rules.