With the vision to spread legal education among all sections of society, Siddharth College of Law Mumbai was established in 1956. The college is affiliated to University of Mumbai, and is run by People's Education Society which was founded by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar. The college is approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI).
The college offers different graduate, postgraduate courses in law. The admissions are based on the entrance test LAW-CET of Maharashtra.
Siddharth College of Law Highlights
|Established | Type||1956 | Private|
|Affiliation||University of Mumbai|
|Approved by||The Bar Council of India|
|Location||Aanand Bhavan, Mumbai|
|Courses offered||LLB, PG Diploma courses|
|Facilities||Library, Sports, Complex, Moot Court, Cafeteria|
Siddharth College of Law Courses
Given below are the details of courses at Siddharth College of Law.
|L.L.B||Stream:- Bachelor of law
Duration:- 3 years Eligibility criteria:- Graduation from a recognised University
|PG diploma||Stream:-Taxation Law, Labor Law and Labor Welfare Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Criminal Law
Duration:- 1 year Eligibility criteria:- Graduate from a recognised University
Siddharth College of Law Admissions
Admissions for the L.L.B courses are based on MH-LAW CET examination and for PG diploma Courses, admissions are done on merit basis on marks scored in graduation.
How to apply?
- Visit the official website of Maharashtra govt. State Common Entrance Test.
- Click on Apply online.
- Click for new registration and fill the registration form.
- A provisional registration number and password will be sent to the given email id and phone.
- Using that log in and fill the apply form.
- Photograph and signature is to be uploaded
- Give final submission after cross checking the data
- The final step is to pay application fees. For general category it is INR 800 and for reserved INR 400.
Previous Year (2018) cut off of MH-CET LAW:
Get more information on: Siddharth College of Law Cut offs
Siddharth College of Law Facilities
The college provides different facilities to its students and faculty members. Some of these are:
- Library: The college library consists of over 25000 volumes of books, which includes books of eminent scholars and legal dignitaries for references. The library also consists of books written by Baba Saheb Ambedkar and other eminent authors.
- Moot Court: The college also has a facility of Moot Court which helps students get a real life experience of court sessions.
- Other Facilities: Other facilities provided by the college include seminar halls, cafeteria, sports complex etc.
Siddharth College of Law FAQs
Ques. Who are some of the known alumni of the college?
Ans. Notable alumni of the college includes Justice P. B. Sawant, Justice M. C. Chagla, Adv. K. P. Pawar (Court appointed defence lawyer for Mumbai terror trial) and many more.
Ques. What are the fees for PG Diploma and LLB courses?
Ans. The fees for LLB course is INR 58,167 per annum and for PG Diploma, it is INR 25,000.
Ques. How can we reach the college?
Ans. The college is located at Anand Bhavan, D.N. Road, near Bombay High Court, Mumbai- 400023, Maharashtra. The college is 3.06 km from Chattarpati Shivaji Terminus. You can easily get a cab, or local to reach the college.