Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology often referred to as MIT, is a government higher education institution administered by the Department of Science & Technology and funded by the Bihar Government. The college offers UG and PG programs in Engineering and Pharmacy. Admission to UG programs is based on the BCECE Entrance Exam, conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. For admission to PG, candidates have to appear in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). The top recruiters are Alstom, HCL, Wipro, Info Tech, Prism Cement, TATA, and multiple others.
Read More: MIT Muzaffarpur Cut off 2019
MIT Muzaffarpur Highlights
|Established | Type||1954 | Government|
|Affiliated to||Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna (AKU Patna)|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, B.Pharma, M.Tech, and Ph.D.|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam (BCECE)|
|Top Recruiters||Grifeo Technology, Pie Infocomm, etc.|
MIT Muzaffarpur Courses
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 Years
Specializations: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology, Leather Technology
Total Intake: 215
|M. Tech||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: B.E./ B.Tech or equivalent degree in relevant discipline
Specializations: Machine Design and Thermal Design
Total Intake: 54
|B.Pharma||Duration: 4 Years
Total Intake: 60
|Ph.D.||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Post Graduation
Read More: MIT Muzaffarpur Fee Structure
MIT Muzzfarpur Admissions
Admissions for the UG programs at MIT are through the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination conducted by BCECE Board.
Admission to M.Tech courses is on the basis of GATE scores. Post Graduate Engineering Admission Counselling (PGEAC) is conducted to get seats. Candidates can register for the counseling procedure through the BCECE Board website. The documents required include:
- Original Gate Score Card
- Rank Card of PGEAC- 2020.
- Passing Certificate of B.Tech / BE as well as matric
- Six passport size photograph
Candidates can apply online through the following steps:
How to apply?
- Fill up the form at the official website of the BCECE Board.
- Upload the required documents, photograph, and signature.
- Pay the application fee of INR 60 through credit/debit card, CHALLAN, or Net Banking.
- After reviewing all the information filled in, download and print the form.
MIT Muzaffarpur Placements
Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology popularly known as MIT has conducted its placement drive on 17th February, 2021 for the B-Tech final year students.
55 students were registered for this placement drive which was organised by HCL in which 44 students participated and 15 students were recruited out of which 7 were provided the CTC of INR 2.5 LPA.
MIT Placements 2021 Company-Wise
|Name of the Organisation||Number of Students Employed|
|Alstom Transport India Ltd.||2|
|Cinif Technologies Ltd.||18|
MIT Placements Year-Wise Trends
The following graph represents the year wise Placements trends of MIT Muzaffarpur:
During the last 4 batches there has been an increase in the number of students placed and for the batch 2017-21 placement drive is still going on.
MIT Muzaffarpur Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the college include:
- Library: The Library of MIT has a large collection of books related to different streams of Engineering. It is well organized and contains more than 1000 Textbooks and Reference Books.
- Hostel: There are a total of 7 Hostels. They are very well maintained and are augmented with modern facilities such as telephone, television, common room, ward servant, in-house game room, and canteens. For 1st and 2nd-year students, multi seated rooms are available and for Final and Pre-Final students, single-seated rooms are available. There is also one welfare hostel, reserved for SC and ST students.
- Computer Centre: MIT has a well equipped centralized computer center. At present, 150 computers are connected through a LAN, which provides internet access to students and faculty.
- Sports: Many sports events are organized by the college. Major sports played are cricket, lawn tennis, volleyball, basketball, football, and indoor games.
- Others: MOXIE and JUNOON clubs, wifi enabled campus, etc.
MIT Muzaffarpur FAQs
Ques. What are the best aspects of Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology?
Ques. What is the cutoff rank to take admission through the BCECE at MIT?
Ques. Which is better, MIT Muzaffarpur or BCE Bhagalpur?
Ques. Which branch of the MIT Muzaffarpur has the best and well-qualified faculty?
Ques. How do we contact the college for more details?