Table of Contents
JKBOSE 2020 Results (Announced): Marksheet, Registration Form, Admit Card
Results for senior and higher secondary exams have been declared on June 15, 2020 and June 28, 2020 respectively. Candidates who appeared for the exams can check their performance online at jkbose.ac.in by entering their registration number as mentioned on the admit card. JKBOSE conducted the board examinations (summer zone) for both class 10th and class 12th starting in February and ending in March, 2020. This year over 5 lakh students appeared for 10th board exams and about 37000 for 12th board exams.
JKBOSE Latest Updates
JKBOSE class 10th and 12th Bi-Annual result released for Kashmir Division, check at jkbose.ac.in
Online application for revaluation of answer sheets for JKBOSE class 12th exam started for summer zone. Click here to apply
The last date for submission of Admission-cum-permission forms for failure/reappear/fresh private/backlog candidates for the ensuing private Bi-Annual exam 2020(summer zone) have been extended upto September 7, 2020.
JKBOSE reduced the syllabus of 2020-21 session for class 10th and 12th by 30% due to the short duration of classes.
Winter zone exam dates will be announced in September, 2020 and exams will be held between October and November, 2020.
JKBOSE Key Details 2020
|Board name||Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education|
|Year of establishment||August 28, 1975|
|Number of students appeared||5 lakh for 10th board (approx.) 37000 for 12th board (approx.)|
|Number of exam centres||615 (summer), 296 (winter)|
|Headquarters||Jammu, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir|
|Managed by||State Government of Jammu and Kashmir|
|Responsibility||Take class 10, 11, 12 exams, grants affiliations, etc.|
|Website||http://jkbose.jk.gov.in/ and http://www.jkbose.ac.in/|
JKBOSE 2020 Important Dates
JKBOSE 2020 Important Dates
|Exam detail (summer)||10th board||12th board|
|Admit card release||February, 2020||February, 2020|
|Exam start date||February 29, 2020||February 27, 2020|
|Exam end date||March 18, 2020||March 26, 2020|
|Result declared||June 15, 2020||June 28, 2020|
|Revaluation||15 - 20 days after result declaration||15 - 20 days after result declaration|
JKBOSE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
JKBOSE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Students who wish to sit for class 10 and 12 board exams in Jammu and Kashmir must qualify for the same. If the eligibility criteria is not met, they may not be qualified for taking the board exams.
Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education class 10 eligibility criteria:
Candidates must be above the age of 14.
Candidates must have an 8th grade pass certificate from a recognized school and need not be registered in 9th standard.
Candidates must have an “adequate course of study” which refers to at least 66% attendance from the beginning of class 10.
Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education class 12 eligibility criteria:
Attended at least ⅔ of all lectures (66%)
Possession of pass certificate from a recognized board.
Satisfactory performance in his/her class.
JKBOSE 2020 Admit Card
JKBOSE 2020 Admit Card
Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education admit cards are distributed offline. It is an important document that all students must display at the time of their exams for every paper.
- Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education issues admit cards of both 10th and 12 board exams.
- JKBOSE summer zone admit cards were released in the month of February, 2020.
- School heads or authorities must collect the admit cards once released from the board office on behalf of the students.
- Candidates must collect the admit cards from their respective schools on the given date and time.
- The admit card contains important information related to the exam such as exam name, board name, candidate name, date of birth, mother & father’s name, list of subjects with code, date, and time, exam centre details, and important instructions to the candidate.
- Upon acquiring the admit card, candidates must carefully check all details mentioned on it.
- In case of any discrepancy, contact your school head and get the error rectified immediately.
JKBOSE Supplementary Exam
The board has extended the application dates for the candidates who want to appear for supplementary exam under different categories. All the candidates who want to apply under failure/backlog/fresh private/reappearing candidature can apply by September 7, 2020. The date has been extended for summer zone only. The categories and the fee structure are tabulated below:
|Class 10th Exam||840.00+640.00+20(cost of form) for five subjects and additional 150+20(cost of form) for more than 5 subjects||1500.00 for five subjects and 1670.00 for more than 5 subjects|
|Class 12th Exam||990.00+640.00+20(cost of form)||1650.00 for application on last date|
|Failure/Reappear/Backlog/Fresh Private Candidates|
For class 10- 2490.00, For class 11- 2515.00
For class 12- 2700.00
JKBOSE 2020 Syllabus
JKBOSE 2020 Syllabus
The Jammu and Kashmir board prepares the syllabus for the courses and all the schools that come under affiliation need to adhere to the same. The entire syllabus is designed keeping in mind the latest trends in the educational sector. The J & K education board prescribed books for the students.
Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education class 10 syllabus:
|Subject||Topics to be covered|
|English||Prose, Poetry, Short Stories, Play, Writing Skills, Grammar (editing/proofreading, rearranging of jumbled sentences, dialogue, narration, models, articles, paragraph writing with blanks to be filled in, phrases, pronouns, homonyms/ homophones, tenses, clauses, punctuation)|
|Mathematics||Real numbers, polynomials, pair of linear equations in two variables, quadratic equation, arithmetic progression, trigonometric ratios & identities, heights & distances, lines, triangles, circles, construction, area of plane figures, surface area & volume, statistics & probability|
|Physics||Light- Reflection and Refraction, Human Eye and the Colorful World, Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current, Sources of Energy|
|Chemistry||Chemical Reactions and Equation, Periodic Classification of Elements, Carbon and its Compounds, Metals and Non metals, Acids, Bases and Salts|
|Biology||Our environment, life processes, control & coordination, reproduction in organisms, evolution & heredity, management of natural resources|
|History||Rise of Nationalism in Europe, Nationalism in India, Age of Industrialization, Print Culture & Modern World, Post Independence Era: Jammu & Kashmir on path of Modernisation|
|Geography||Resources & Development, Forest & Wildlife, Water Resources, Agriculture, Minerals & Energy Resources, Life Lines of National Economy, Manufacturing Industries|
|Political Science (Economics & Disaster Management)||Power Sharing, Federalism, Gender, Religion and Caste, Popular Struggles and Movements, Political Parties, Outcomes of Democracy, Challenges to Democracy, Understanding J & K Economy, Employment Generation, Protecting Ourselves from Disasters, Road Safety Education|
Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education class 12 syllabus:
|English Literature||Poems: A lecture upon a shadow, Poems, Time and time again, Vaakhs, Shrukhs, A will in the nature of a new man, The wail, A last memory of Delhi Drama: Broken images Essays: Of delay, Freedom, Film making, Why the novel matters, The argumentative India, On science fiction Novel: To kill a mockingbird|
|English Grammar||Reading Comprehension, Writing Skills, Grammar (model, tenses, articles, prepositions, conjunctions, relative clauses, conditional clauses, simple, compound and complex sentences, voice, narration)|
|Mathematics||Relations & functions, inverse trigonometric functions, matrices, determinants, continuity, differentiability, application of derivatives, integrals, differential equations, vectors, 3D geometry, linear programming, probability,|
|Computer Science||Object Oriented Programming in C++, Constructors & destructors, Inheritance, Pointers, Data structures, Database and SQL, Boolean Logic, Networking and Cyber security|
|Economics||Introduction, consumer behavior & demand, producer behavior and supply, forms of market and price determination, simple applications of tools of demand and supply curves, National income & related aggregates, income determination & employment, money and banking, government budget & the economy, balance of payments|
|History||i) Story of the first cities harappan archaeology, political and economic history, social histories using mahabharata, a history of buddhism, ii) Agrarian relations, mughal court, new architecture: hampi, religious histories: bhakti sufi tradition, medieval society through travellers account. iii) Colonialism and rural society, representations of 1857, colonialism & indian towns, mahatma gandhi through contemporary eyes, understanding partition, making of the constitution|
|Political Science||Cold war era in world politics, disintegration of the ‘’ second world ‘’ & collapse of bipolarity, us dominance in world politics, alternative centres of economic and political power, south asia in the post – cold war era, international organizations in a unipolar world, security in contemporary world, globalization and its critics, environmental and natural resources in global politics, nation – building and its problems, era of one – party dominance, politics of planned development, india’s external relations, challenge to and restoration of congress system, crisis of the constitutional order, regional aspirations and conflicts, rise of new social movement, recent developments in indian politics|
|Geography||i) Human Geography, People, Human Activities, Transport, Communication and Trade, Human Settlements, Map work ii) People, Human Settlements, Resources and Development, Transport, Communication & International Trade, Geographical Perspective on Selected Issues and problems, Map Work|
|Physics||Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetic effects of currents & magnetism, Electromagnetic induction & altering current, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Dual nature of matter & radiation, Atoms & nuclei, Electronic devices, Communication system|
|Chemistry||Solid state, solutions, electrochemistry, chemical kinetics, surface chemistry, general principles & processes of isolation elements, p, d, f-block elements, coordination compounds, haloalkanes & haloarenes, alcohols, phenols & ethers, aldehydes, ketones & carboxylic acids,organic compounds containing nitrogen, biomolecules, polymers, chemistry in everyday life|
|Biology||Sexual reproduction, Genetics and evolution, Biology and human Welfare, biotechnology and its applications|
|Accountancy||Accounting for NPA & partnership firms, reconstitution of partnership, death of partner, dissolution of partnership, accounting for share capital,accounting for debenture, financial statements analysis, cash flow statement|
|Psychology||Intelligent and aptitude, self and personality, meeting life challenges, psychological disorders, therapeutic approaches, attitude and social cognition, group processes and social influence, environment and social concerns, statistics|
|Sociology||Introducing Indian society, Demography & society, Social institutions, Social inequality, Challenges of national integrity, Methodology, Structural change, Processes of Social Change in India, Change and Development in Rural Society, Globalization and Social Change, Mass Media and Society, Social Movements|
JKBOSE 2020 Pattern
JKBOSE 2020 Exam Pattern
The class 10 and 12 exam pattern is finalized by the board, which include subjective and objective type questions asked in the question paper. Some questions that the student’s reasoning and analytical skills are also included in the paper.
Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education exam pattern for class 10:
Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education exam pattern for class 12:
- General English examination shall consist of two written papers, each carrying 75 marks and 2 ½ hours duration.
- The examination in each Arts subject shall consist of two written papers which carry 75 marks and are of 2.5 hours duration.
- Subject in which practical examination is held, there shall be two written papers each of 60 marks and duration of 2. 5 hours and practical of 30 marks of 3 hours duration.
- In Music there shall be theory papers of 50 marks and of 2 ½ hours duration and a practical of 100 marks of 3 hours duration.
- Examination in each Commerce subject shall consist of two papers of 75 marks each of 2 ½ hours duration.
- Provided that 30 marks allotted for the practical work of a subject (other than music and shorthand typing) 12 marks shall be reserved for internal assessment.
- Provided further 50% of the marks allotted for the shorthand and typewriting and music shall be reserved for internal assessment (sessional awards).
JKBOSE 2020 Result
JKBOSE 2020 Result
Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education Result 2020 for summer zones were announced in the month of June. JKBOSE results are generally announced in the month of May but this year result declaration was pushed back to June due to the lockdown.
- JKBOSE class 10 board exam results were announced on June 15, 2020.
- JKBOSE class 12 board exam results were announced on June 28th, 2020.
- Candidates can check their results by visiting the site jkbose.ac.in and enter their registration number which is mentioned on the admit card.
- Results will also be published at sites such as examresults.net/jammu-kashmir and jammu-kashmir.indiaresults.com/jkbose.
- Results for both 10th and 12th boards can be checked via sms service.
- In order to get your class 12 scores in your mobile phone, type jkbose12 Roll No, that is type jkbose12 followed by a space roll number and then send this text to 5676750
- In order to check class 10 results via sms, simply type JKBOSE10 <Roll no> and send it to 5676750.
- After 30 days of result declaration, students will be provided with the original certificates.
- Details such as total marks, total obtained marks, subject wise marks, practical marks, status of result (pass/ fail), subject code, division, board name, medium, are mentioned.
- Candidates who scored above 75% will pass with distinction. Cadnidates who score between 60% - 74% will be placed in 1st division and 48% - 59% in 2nd division.
- 33,779 students gave 12th class boards in 2020 out of which 26139 students cleared the exam (77%).
- For class 10 exams, overall passing percentage is 70%, pass percentage among boys is 68% and pass percentage among girls: 72%.
- In the arts stream, the pass percentage for boys was 57% and 74% for girls. In the commerce stream, 85% boys and 95% girls passed. In the science stream, 81% of boys and 89% girls cleared the exam.
- Online application portal for revaluation generally starts 3 - 4 weeks after results declaration. Candidates must apply before the portal is closed.
- Candidates can apply for revaluation by paying INR 160 per paper. Fee for checking any paper by the candidate themselves is INR 75.
JKBOSE Grading System
Candidates must know the grading system used by the board to understand how they performed.
|A||Excellent||75% and above|
|B||Very good||60% to below 74%|
|C||Good||52% to below 59%|
|D||Average||45% to below 51%|
|E||Fair/Satisfactory||33% to below 44%|
|F||Marginal||15% to below 32%|
JKBOSE 2020 FAQs
JKBOSE 2020 FAQs
Question: When was the JKBOSE 2020 result released?
Ans. JKBOSE 2020 class 10 results were announced on June 15, 2020 and JKBOSE class 12 board exam results were announced on June 28th, 2020.
Question: What is the pass percentage for JKBOSE 2020 class 12?
Ans. In JKBOSE 2020, the arts stream pass percentage for boys was 57% and 74% for girls. In the commerce stream, 85% boys and 95% girls passed. In the science stream, 81% of boys and 89% girls cleared the exam.
Question: What is the pass percentage for the JKBOSE 2020 10th board exam?
Ans. For class 10 JKBOSE 2020 exams, the overall passing percentage is 70%, pass percentage among boys is 68% and pass percentage among girls: 72%.
Question: What is the revaluation fee for Jammu and Kashmir state board of education?
Ans. Candidates can apply for revaluation by paying INR 160 per paper. Fee for checking any paper by the candidate themselves is INR 75.
Question: How can I check JKBOSE 2020 class 10 results via sms?
Ans. In order to check class 10 results via sms, simply type JKBOSE10 <Roll no> and send this to 5676750.
Question: How does JKBOSE award divisions to candidates according to marks?
Ans. Candidates who scored above 75% will pass with distinction. Cadnidates who score between 60% - 74% will be placed in 1st division and 48% - 59% in 2nd division.
Question: How can I check my Jammu and Kashmir state board results?
Ans. Candidates can check their results by visiting the site jkbose.ac.in and enter their registration number as mentioned on the admit card. Results will also be published at sites such as examresults.net/jammu-kashmir and jammu-kashmir.indiaresults.com/jkbose.
Question: My Jammu and Kashmir board admit card has a spelling mistake. What can I do?
Ans. In case of any discrepancy regarding spelling or any other information, contact your school head and get the error rectified immediately.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College