Table of Contents
UPSEE 2020: Answer Key (Released), Result (To be Announced), Paper Analysis, Cutoff, Eligibility, Exam Pattern and Syllabus
AKTU has released the UPSEE 2020 Answer Keys for Paper 1-8. The exam was successfully conducted on September 20, 2020. According to an update on AKTU website, UPSEE Results for Paper 1-8 will be announced in mid October 2020. UPSEE 2020 for M.Tech/M.Des/M.Arch/M. Pharma was conducted on August 11, 2020 while the results were released on August 21, 2020. Check UPSEE 2020 PG Results
UPSEE 2020 Latest Updates:
- September 20, 2020 UPSEE 2020 Answer Key released today. Check Details
- September 20, 2020 UPSEE 2020 successfully conducted today.Check student reactions
- September 10, 2020 AKTU has released UPSEE 2020 Admit Card, Download Now
- August 21, 2020 UPSEE 2020 PG Results announced. Check results @upsee.nic.in. Read More
- August 11, 2020 UPSEE 2020 for PG courses conducted successfully.
UPSEE or Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination is a state-level exam for candidates seeking admission in various UG and PG courses. It is a gateway to institutes affiliated to AKTU (earlier known as UPTU or Uttar Pradesh Technical University). The university also conducts PG level management exam for students who are seeking to enroll in the same. Students are advised to check UPSEE MBA Application Process prior to filing their UPSEE MBA Application form.
Table of Contents
- Candidates must check UPSEE 2020 Eligibility before opting for the course they wish to pursue.
- There are 11 Papers for various courses. UPSEE 2020 Syllabus will vary as per the course.
- As per UPSEE 2020 Exam Pattern, 150 multiple choice questions of 4 marks each are to be attempted in a duration of 3 hours.
- There is no provision of negative marking in the exam. The paper will be set in English and Hindi languages.
Candidates who clear UPSEE cut off are offered courses under UPSEE which include B.Tech in Engineering and Agriculture, B.Arch, B. Pharm, Fashion and Apparel Design, Hotel Management, MCA, MBA, and MAM. Lateral entry for Fashion & Apparel Design and MCA, B.Tech is also available. Read the article to know more about UPSEE 2020 Result, Counselling, Cut-off, Participating Colleges and much more.
UPSEE 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Uttar Pradesh|
|Exam Date||September 20, 2020|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 45% marks in 12th board exam for every paper|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online and Offline depending upon the paper|
|Number of Papers||11|
UPSEE 2020 Important Dates
|UPSEE 2020 Registration|
January 27, 2020
|Last day to fill UPSEE 2020 Application Form||August 09, 2020 (Extended)|
|UPSEE 2020 Form Correction Window||June 3, 2020|
|UPSEE 2020 Admit Card||September 10, 2020|
|UPSEE 2020 Exam Date||September 20, 2020|
|Release of UPSEE 2020 Result||Mid-October 2020|
|UPSEE 2020 Counselling Dates||To be announced|
UPSEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University has set certain standards for admission of students who wish to appear for UPSEE 2020 entrance examination. In case any student fails to fulfill the mentioned eligibility criteria and still appears in the examination, he/she might lose the candidature at any stage of the process of examination.
Different parameters that are expected to be fulfilled are listed below course-wise.
|B.Tech/B.Pharma/B.Arch/BHMCT/BFAD/BFA||Intermediate Passed or equivalent|
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry)||B.Sc degree holder or Diploma holder|
|B. Pharmacy (Lateral Entry)||Diploma holder in Pharmacy|
|MCA (Lateral Entry)||BCA, B.Sc., (IT/Computer Science) degree holder|
|MBA/MCA||B.Sc. Degree holder or equivalent|
|MAM||Intermediate Passed or Equivalent|
Subject Combination Required
The subject combination required to be eligible for admission to UPSEE first-year courses of B.Tech. /B.Des./ B.Arch. / B. Pharm. / BHMCT / BFAD / BFA /MBA (Integrated) /MCA (Integrated) is tabulated below:
UPSEE Papers for Courses Offered
How to Apply for UPSEE 2020?
To complete their UPSEE 2020 Registration, students can visit the official website and complete their applications.
- Applications for UPSEE 2020 are submitted via online mode only.
- Candidates can fill UPSEE 2020 Application Form by accessing the official website.
- Candidates filling the online application form will also have to upload scanned images of signature, coloured photograph, and left-hand thumb impression.
- Applicants need not send a hard copy of filled-in application form/or any other document to the University.
- The university will also provide the correction facility in the application form.
- After paying the application fee, candidates can take the printout of the “confirmation page” for future records.
- Note down the application number which is printed on the confirmation page.
UPSEE 2020 Application Fee
|For Male/Transgender Candidates of General/OBC Category||INR 1,300|
|For Female/SC/ST/PwD Category||INR 650|
Candidates can submit their application fee either via online – debit card/ATM card, online wallet, etc, or offline modes of payment such as - through a bank, by filling in the challan issued by UPSEE 2020 conducting authority after filling the form (only if you choose offline payment mode).
UPSEE 2020 Application Form Correction Window
The authorities have started application form correction for successfully registered candidates of UPSEE 2020. Candidates who make any discrepancies while filling the application form are provided a facility to correct their mistake through the application form correction window till June 03, 2020. Once the changes are made, a revised confirmation page will be generated which is to be downloaded and preserved for future reference.
Candidates must note that they cannot make changes in the following fields due to security/ authenticity reasons:
- Candidate’s Name
- Parent’s Name
- Date of Birth
|Paper||Exam Time on September 20, 2020|
|Paper 1||12:00 NOON to 03:00 PM|
|Paper 2||12:00 NOON to 03:00 PM|
|Paper 3||03:45 PM to 06:15 PM|
|Paper 4||09:00 AM to 11:00 AM|
|Paper 5||09:00 AM to 11:00 AM|
|Paper 6||03:45 PM to 05:45 PM|
|Paper 7||09:00 AM to 11:00 AM|
|Paper 8||09:00 AM to 11:00 AM|
UPSEE 2020 Reservation CriteriaAKTU offers two types of reservations to candidates i.e, Vertical and Horizontal through UPSEE. Check reservation of seats under both types given below:
Vertical Reservation (Category)
|Scheduled Caste (SC) from UP||21%|
|Scheduled Trible (ST) from UP||02%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) from UP||27%|
Horizontal Reservation (Sub-category available in each category):
|Sub Category||Code||Maximum Percentage of Total Seats|
|Dependents of Freedom Fighters from UP||UPFF||02%|
|Sons/Daughters of defense personnel of UP either retired (superannuated) or killed/disabled in action or defense personnel posted in UP/ defense personnel domicile of UP & posted outside UP||UPAF||05%|
|Physically Handicapped/ Disabled from UP||UPHC||03%|
|Females from UP||UPGL||20%|
UPSEE 2020 Marking Scheme
Total marks scored by a candidate in UPSEE 2020 will be calculated on the basis of the number of questions attempted and marks awarded. The following marking scheme is applicable for UPSEE 2020.
- Every objective question would carry 4 marks. Marks would be awarded if the answer is found to be correct.
- More than one answer to a question would be treated as incorrect and no marks would be awarded in that case even if one of the marked answers is correct.
- There would be no negative marking, however; a record of incorrect answer marked by the candidate would be kept separately.
Check Detailed UPSEE 2020 Exam Pattern
UPSEE 2020 Exam Centers
UPSEE 2020 will be held in various cities as given in the following tables. Candidates are advised to opt for 3 choices of examination cities.
- Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4 are OMR based tests and shall be held in various cities given in the Examination City Table-I
- Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10, and Paper 11 are Computer-based tests and shall be held in various cities given in the Examination City Table-II.
Examination City Table I for OMR Based Tests (Paper 1, 2, 3, and 4)
|Cities in the State of U.P.|
|8.||Mau||25.||Kanpur Dehat||Cities in Other States|
|14.||Ambedkar Nagar||31.||Gautam Buddha Nagar||46.||Ranchi|
Examination City Table II for Computer based Tests (Paper 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11)
|3.||Allahabad||9.||Gautam Buddha Nagar||15.|
|4.||Ambedkar Nagar||10.||Moradabad||16.||Noida / Greater Noida|
- Candidates are advised to be very careful while giving their options for the city of examination centre. Candidates are advised to choose cities of examination based on the paper he/she has opted from the respective tables that are Examination City Table-I and/or Examination City Table-II.
- In case, candidate has opted papers in such a manner that some of these papers are the OMR based Tests (Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4) and some of these papers are Computer-based Tests (Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10, and Paper 11), the choices for city of examination must be chosen from the Examination City Table-II only.
UPSEE 2020 Admit Card
UPSEE 2020 Admit Card are released for download on the official website upsee.nic.in. UPSEE Admit card has been released on September 10, 2020 for undergraduate programs. Option to download UPSEE admit card after the notified period will not be allowed, and no further downloads will be possible after the same. Thus, candidates are advised to download their admit card as soon as they are published. The following details will be mentioned on the admit card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Photo and Signature
- Exam Date and Time
- Exam Venue and Reporting Time
- Exam Day Instructions
How to download Admit Card?
Candidates can download their UPSEE 2020 Admit Card by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the UPSEE 2020 official website.
- Click on UPSEE 2020 admit card.
- A login window will appear.
- Type your UPSEE 2020 application number and password to log in and download the admit card.
- Window showing admit card will appear.
- Click on download admit card.
- After downloading the admit card take a printout of the same.
UPSEE 2020 Exam Pattern
Understanding the exam pattern is a must to prepare accordingly for the examination. Exam pattern provides an overview of the question paper including the number of questions asked in the exam, subjects covered, negative marking, etc. Paper 1 to Paper 4 would be conducted in offline mode whereas paper 5 to paper 11 would be conducted in computer-based mode. The time allotted for each paper would be 3 hours.
|Mode of examination||Online and offline (both depending upon exam)|
|Number of Questions asked||150|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Section in Paper||3 to 4 (depending upon the Course applied for)|
UPSEE 2020 Syllabus
UPSEE 2020 Syllabus helps students with what should be studied for the entrance test. The syllabus is different for each paper and different topics are covered from different topics and chapters. Authorities have released the paper wise syllabus on its official website.
- For B.Tech courses, the topics are from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects only.
- For B.Pharma Programme, topics are covered from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology only.
- For PG courses, topics are covered from the respective graduation subjects.
Check DetailedUPSEE 2020 Syllabus
UPSEE 2020 Answer Key
AKTU has released UPSEE 2020 Answer key on its official website i.e, upsee.nic.in. Through answer key candidates can check the correct answers to all the questions asked in the exam. Also, they will be able to calculate the scores that they may have secured in the exam. AKTU will also release UPSEE question paper for all the 8 papers. Candidates have the opportunity to challenge UPSEE answer key. Marking scheme to calculate score using UPSEE answer key is given below:
- Marks per question for paper 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 contains 04 marks
- Marks per question for paper 3 contain 05 marks
- No Negative Marking
How to download UPSEE 2020 Answer Key?
Candidates can check answer keys for all papers from the official website of the exam. To view the same, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of UPSEE i.e. upsee.nic.in
- Click on link UPSEE Answer Key 2020
- Now, Click on paper and set link for which answer key need to be seen (there will be four sets for each paper)
- On clicking the link, UPSEE answer key will appear on the screen in PDF format. Thereafter, Candidates are advised to download as well as print the answer key.
Links to Download UPSEE 2020 Answer Key
|UPSEE 2020 Paper||Download Link for UPSEE 2020 Question Paper||Download Link for UPSEE Answer Key|
How to Challenge UPSEE 2020 Answer Key?
In case a candidate finds an error in the provisional UPSEE 2020 answer key, he/she can challenge the Provisional Answer Key.
The notification provided along with UPSEE Answer Key 2020 reads "In the event of any grievance, it must be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org along with Students Roll No, Paper Code, Question Booklet Code, Question No. and suggested to respond with supporting documents on or before 25.09.2020, 5:00 PM"
To raise objections, students can follow the steps given below:
- Write an email to AKTU mentioning details such as
- Roll Number
- Paper Number
- Paper Code
- Grievance Question Number
- Mention the correct answer along with a proof
- Send the email to email@example.com
However, the decision to accept the challenge depends on the exam expert committee. In case the challenge stated is accepted, a changed answer key will be issued.
UPSEE 2020 Results
The result of UPSEE 2020 will be released based on the performance of the candidate in the entrance examination. AKTU releases results for UPSEE 2020 on its official website. Based on candidate’s performance, a separate merit list will be released by the authority for different courses. Qualifying candidates will be able to check UPSEE scorecard and merit rank on the website by submitting their roll number and date of birth. After that candidates can participate in the counselling process. UPSEE 2020 Counselling registration will commence in the second week of June 2020.
Details mentioned on UPSEE 2020 Result
- Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- Course applied for
- Paper for which the exam is given
- Merit Rank
- Total marks scored
- Marks obtained in each subject
UPSEE 2020 Cut off
The cut-off percentage of marks for the merit of qualified candidates is 25% (20% for candidates belonging from SC/ST category). Candidates who will qualify UPSEE Cut off criteria will be invited for the counselling round.
|Marks expected||Cut off Rank (Expected)|
|Below 120||Above 90000|
UPSEE 2020 Counselling
Based on the rank obtained by the candidate in the UPSEE 2020 a merit list will be prepared. Candidates scoring higher marks would be placed higher in the merit list whereas those scoring lower marks would hover at the bottom.
Candidates who will feature in the merit list would be called for the document verification process. After the document verification candidates would be allowed to take part in the registration and choice locking process.
The counselling schedule for UPSEE 2020 will be updated soon. UPSEE 2020 Counselling would be done based on the candidate’s performance in the UPSEE 2020 merit list as well as the choice locked by the candidate at the time of choice locking process.
The procedure for counselling is as follows:
- Candidates shortlisted for counselling would have to pay the required registration fee to initiate the process.
- The registration fee would be INR 20,000 for general and OBC candidates and INR 12,000 for SC/ST candidates.
- The registration fee will be adjusted at the time of taking admission.
- Candidate can freeze the allotted and quit the counselling process, float the seat that keeps the allotted seat on hold and go for further rounds of counselling or withdraw the allotted seat allotted and also counselling process.
Documents required for UPSEE 2020 Counselling
During UPSEE 2020 Counselling, candidates will have to bring their original documents/certificates. The documents are listed below:
- Class 10th Marksheet & Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Marksheet & Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Sub-Category Certificate
- UPSEE 2020 Admit Card
- UPSEE 2020 Rank Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Domicile Certificate of Parents (If pass the qualifying exam outside of UP)
- Character Certificate
- Medical Certificate
Colleges accepting UPSEE 2020 scores
UPSEE scores are accepted by various colleges affiliated to AKTU and other universities in Uttar Pradesh. There are about 841 institutions/colleges affiliated to AKTU along with other universities in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Few top colleges and universities that accept UPSEE scores are given below:
|Top Colleges Accepting UPSEE Scores|
|IIT Kanpur||MNNIT Allahabad|
|IIIT Allahabad||Galgotias Educational Institutions|
|Harcourt Butler Technical University||School of Engineering and Technology, Sharda University|
|Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College||Amity University- Lucknow Campus|
|GL Bajaj Institute of Technology and Management||Aligarh Muslim University|
UPSEE 2021- Next Year Plan
While always in consideration, UPSEE 2021 has been scrapped. AKTU will not be conducting UPSEE from the next academic year. instead, JEE Main scores will be used for admissions in 1.40 lakh seats at 750 colleges.
According to Vice Chancellor of AKTU, Prof Vinat Pathak, the decision has been made to make it easier for students who had to separately prepare for UPSEE and JEE Main separately. he further added that many states have already been using JEE Main scores for admissions in respective colleges.
Students looking for admission in colleges in Uttar Pradesh can now focus solely on JEE Main. JEE Main is conducted twice a year- January and April. Studnets have an option to improve scores in April session if they are not satisfied with the January session scores.
Read More on JEE Main to replace UPSEE 2021
UPSEE 2020 FAQs
Ques. Are the applications submitted online or offline?
Ans. Applications can be submitted online only. No forms will be available offline or any of the participating institutes.
Ques. In case I have any issue while filling the application, whom should I contact?
Ans. In case of any queries regarding online applications, candidates can call at UPSEE helpdesk toll-free number- 18001800161 by 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on working days. They can also send an email at the official mail id.
Ques. Is there any reservation criteria in UPSEE?
Ans. Yes, AKTU reserves seat for various category candidates of Uttar Pradesh (both horizontal and vertical reservations). Candidates outside UP will be considered as the General category candidates.
Ques. What is the application fee for UPSEE?
Ans. The application fee for UPSEE differs as per various categories and is tabulated below:
|General/ OBC (Males and Transgender)||INR 1300|
|Females of all category/ SC/ ST||INR 650|
Ques. The transaction I did to pay the application fee has failed but the amount has been deducted from my account. What should I do?
Ans. If the transaction fails during the fee payment candidates will have to pay the exam fee again. The amount deducted in such case will be refunded to the source account within 5 working days.
Ques. I have not received the amount debited from my account during the failed transaction. Whom should I contact?
Ans. In case, the candidate doesn’t receive the amount within 5 working days, they may send the email on the official mail id in the following format:
Subject: Failed Transaction
- Application Number
- Transaction Number
- Date of Birth
- Aadhar Number
Ques. What will all details be available on UPSEE scorecard?
Ans. The details given below will be printed on UPSEE scorecard:
- Candidate’s name
- Date of Birth
- UPSEE rank
- Marks obtained in each section and total in UPSEE
- Photograph & Signature
Ques. How will the Merit list be prepared?
Ans. The merit list will be prepared on the following basis:
- Number of candidates who appeared for UPSEE
- Performance of candidates in UPSEE
- Previous year cut off
Ques. Are there any specific tie-breaking criteria at the time of declaration of merit list?
Ans. Yes, in case of any tie between two students securing equal marks, preference will be given in the following order:
- Marks obtained in Mathematics
- Marks obtained in Physics
- Marks obtained in Chemistry
- In case of same marks in all three sections, the age of the candidate will be considered for merit list preparation.
Ques. Can I collect my admit card through offline mode?
Ans. No, candidates will not receive admit cards through any of the offline modes. Admit cards will only be available at the official UPSEE website.
Ques. In case, there is an error in my admit card, what should I do?
Ans. Candidates in such cases must immediately contact the helpdesk. They must not tamper the admit card in any case. Discrepancies must be rectified before the exam.
Ques. Is it necessary to have an Aadhar card while filing the form?
Ans. Yes, candidates will have to enter the Aadhar card number while filling the form.
Ques. I have passed class 12th from the state other than Uttar Pradesh but my parents are domiciled in UP. Can I apply?
Ans. Yes, such candidates can apply for UPSEE and also they are eligible for reservations if any.
Ques. Are the candidates appearing for their final year of the qualifying exam, eligible to appear for the test?
Ans. Yes, the candidates appearing in the final year examinations of the qualifying exam are eligible to apply subject to the condition that they submit the proof of educational qualification at the time of counselling.
Ques. Are there any specifications for documents to be uploaded with the application form?
Ans. Yes, candidates must ensure that the signature must be of maximum 3.5cm*1.5 cm dimension and not more than 30 kb. The photograph uploaded must contain the name of the candidate at the bottom and the maximum permissible size is 100 kb.
Ques. Can I get the print of confirmation page later?
Ans. Yes, candidates can log in with their Registration Number and Password later at UPSEE portal. The confirmation page will be available.
Ques. What is the penalty for incorrect answers?
Ans. There is no provision for negative marking in the test.
Ques. In case I have filled incorrect details, can I make corrections?
Ans. Yes, once the form filling dates are over, AKTU will open correction window to make any changes in the details filled in the application form. Following details cannot be corrected:
- Applicant’s name
- Aadhar number
- Parents domicile
- Date of Birth
Ques. The photograph I have uploaded doesn’t have any name on the bottom. Can this also be changed during the correction?
Ans. During the UPSEE form correction window candidates are not allowed to change any documents uploaded.
Ques. Can the entries be corrected offline?
Ans. No, the correction window will open only online. No corrections will be entertained through offline mode.
Ques. I have passed HSC from Rajasthan but hold domicile certificate of UP, can I claim rural weightage for B.Tech admissions?
Ans. No, any candidate passing the qualifying exam from other state is not eligible for admissions under rural weightage.
Ques. Where should I send the hard copies of the filled in the application form?
Ans. Applications forms will be submitted online only. There is no need to send hard copies.
Ques. For how long do I require the admit card?
Ans. Admit Card must be preserved till the entire admission process is complete.
Ques. What are the documents required during the counselling process?
Ans. Candidates will require following documents at the time of counselling:
- UPSEE Admit Card
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Domicile certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate
- GDDA Certificate (if applicable)
- Rural weightage certificate (if applicable
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College