UPSEE 2019 Registration, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
UPSEE 2019: Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Uttar Pradesh, conducts the state level entrance examination Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE) for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the University and the colleges affiliated to the University. UPSEE 2019 examination is expected to take place tentatively in April 2019 for UG courses and May 2019 for PG courses.
|UPSEE Application Form||UPSEE Eligibility||UPSEE Admit Card||UPSEE Exam Pattern|
The courses offered under UPSEE are B.Tech in Engineering and Agriculture, B.Arch, B. Pharm, Fashion and Apparel Design, Hotel Management, MCA, MBA and MAM. Lateral entry for Fashion & Apparel Design and MCA is also available.
Facts Related to UPSEE 2019:
- All interested aspirants can fill UPSEE 2019 Application Form in January 2019 which can be submitted in online as well as offline mode.
- Before applying, candidates are recommended to check the eligibility criteria. They must possess a valid 10+2 certificate from a recognized university in India.
- UPSEE 2019 Admit Card will release in the online mode on Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University’s official website few days prior to the commencement of exam.
- The exam is conducted in both online and offline mode in English language.
- UPSEE Merit List 2019 would be prepared based on the performance of the candidates in UPSEE exam.
- Counselling, choice locking, and seat allotment would be done based on this merit list only.
UPSEE 2019 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE)|
|Conducting Body||Dr A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Uttar Pradesh|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Exam Date||April (UG), May (PG)|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 45% in 12th board exam for every paper|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online and Offline depending on the paper|
|Number of Papers||11|
UPSEE 2019 Exam Dates
Here, students can check all the important tentative dates of UPSEE 2019:
|Events related to UPSEE 2019||Dates (Tentative)|
|Application for UPSEE 2019 starts||3rd week of January|
|Last date for making application||Last week of February|
|Availability of Admit cards||1st week of April|
|Date of exam||Last week of April (UG), 1st week of May (PG)|
|Results declaration||Last week of May|
|Counselling begins||4th week of June|
UPSEE Papers for Courses Offered
UPSEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University has set certain standards for admission for students who wish to appear for UPSEE 2019 entrance examination. If a student fails to satisfy the stated eligibility criteria and still appears in the examination, he/she might lose the candidature at any stage of the process of examination. Different parameters that are expected to be fulfilled are listed below course-wise.
|B.Tech/B.Pharma/B.Arch/BHMCT/BFAD/BFA||Intermediate Passed or equivalent|
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry)||B.Sc degree holder or Diploma holder|
|B. Pharmacy (Lateral Entry)||Diploma holder in Pharmacy|
|MCA (Lateral Entry)||BCA, B.Sc., (IT/Computer Science) degree holder|
|MBA/MCA||B.Sc. Degree holder or equivalent|
|MAM||Intermediate Passed or Equivalent|
Subject Combination Required
The subject combination required to be eligible for UPSEE 2019 for admission to the first year of B.Tech. /B.Des./ B.Arch. / B. Pharm. / BHMCT / BFAD / BFA /MBA (Integrated) /MCA (Integrated) is tabulated below:
How to Apply for UPSEE 2019
The online form submission window for UPSEE 2019 will open in the 3rd week of January.
- Applications for UPSEE 2019 can be submitted through online mode only.
- Candidates can fill UPSEE Application Form by accessing the official website.
- Candidates filling the online application form also have to upload scanned images of signature, coloured photograph and left-hand thumb impression.
- Applicants need not send hard copy of filled-in application form/or any document to the University.
- The university may also provide the correction facility in the application form.
- After paying the application fee, candidates can take the printout of “confirmation page” for future record.
- Note down the application number which is printed on the confirmation page.
UPSEE 2019 Application fee
UPSEE 2019 application fee details are as follows:
|For Male/Transgender Candidates of General/OBC Category||INR 1300|
|For Female/SC/ST/PwD Category||INR 650|
Candidates can submit the application fee either through online mode that is debit card/ATM card, online wallet etc or through offline channels such as through bank mode, by filling in the challan issued by UPSEE 2019 conducting authority after filling the form (only if you choose offline pavement mode).
UPSEE 2019 Admit Card
UPSEE 2019 Admit Card will be released online at the official website www.upsee.nic.in. Admit card would be made available for download for a notified amount of time. After the notified time period the link for downloading admit cards would get disabled and no further downloads will be possible. Thus, candidates are advised to download the admit card as soon as they are published.
Candidates can download their UPSEE 2019 Admit Card by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the UPSEE 2019 official website.
- Click on UPSEE 2019 admit card.
- A login window will appear.
- Type your UPSEE 2019 application number and password to log in and download the admit card.
- Window showing admit card will appear.
- Click on download admit card.
- After downloading the admit card take a printout of the same.
UPSEE 2019 Exam Centers
UPSEE 2019 will be held in various cities as given in the following tables. Candidates are advised to give 3 choices of examination cities.
- Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4 are OMR based tests and shall be held in various cities given in the Examination City Table-I
- Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10, and Paper 11 are Computer-based tests and shall be held in various cities given in the Examination City Table-II.
Examination City Table-I
(OMR Based Test for Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4)
|Cities in State of U.P.|
|8.||Mau||25.||Kanpur Dehat||Cities in Other States|
|14.||Ambedkar Nagar||31.||Gautam Buddha Nagar||46.||Ranchi|
Examination City Table-II
(Computer Based Test for Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10 and Paper 11)
|3.||Allahabad||9.||Gautam Buddha Nagar||15.|
|4.||Ambedkar Nagar||10.||Moradabad||16.||Noida / Greater Noida|
- Candidates are advised to be very careful while giving their options for the city of examination centre. Candidates are advised to choose cities of examination on the basis of the paper he/she has opted from the respective tables that are Examination City Table-I and/or Examination City Table-II.
- In case, candidate has opted papers in such a manner that some of these papers are the OMR based Tests (Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4) and some of these papers are Computer-based Tests (Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10, and Paper 11), the choices for city of examination must be chosen from the Examination City Table-II only.
UPSEE 2019 Exam Pattern
Understanding of exam pattern is must for the good preparation. Exam pattern provides an overview of the question paper including the number of questions asked in the exam, subjects covered, negative marking, etc. Paper 1 to Paper 4 would be conducted in offline mode whereas paper 5 to paper 11 would be conducted in computer-based mode. The time allotted for each Paper would be 3 hours.
|Mode of examination||Online and offline (both depending upon exam)|
|Number of Questions asked||150|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Section in Paper||3 to 4 (depending upon the Course applied for)|
UPSEE 2019 Marking Scheme
Total marks scored by a candidate in UPSEE 2019 would be calculated based on the calculation of questions attempted and marks per question. The following marking scheme is applicable for UPSEE 2019.
- Every objective question would carry 4 marks. Marks would be awarded if the answer is found to be correct.
- More than one answer to a question would be treated as incorrect answer and no marks would be awarded in that case even if one of the marked answers is correct.
- There would be no negative marking, however; a record of incorrect answer marked by the candidate would be kept separately.
Check Detailed UPSEE 2019 Exam Pattern
UPSEE 2019 Syllabus
UPSEE 2019 Syllabus helps students with what should be studied for the entrance test. The syllabus is different for each paper and different topics are covered from different topics and chapters. All the key topics subject-wise that is to be prepared are listed below:
Paper 1- Mathematics Important Topics:
Paper 1 and Paper 2- Physics Important Topics:
|Heat and thermodynamics||Wave||Ray Optics and optical instruments|
|Work, Power and Energy||Wave Optics||Gravitation|
|Mechanics of solids and fluids||Current Electricity||Electrostatics|
Paper 1 and Paper 2- Chemistry Important Topics:
|General Organic Chemistry||Colligative Properties of Solution||Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics and Acid - Base Concepts|
|Electrochemistry and Catalysis||Redox Reactions||Thermochemistry|
|Solid State||Periodic Table||Petroleum|
|Chemical Bonding||Atomic Structure||Isomerism|
Paper 2- Biology Important Topics:
|Origin of Life||Genetics|
|Organic Evolution||Seeds in angiospermic plants|
|Human Genetics and Eugenics||Cell differentiation Plant Tissue|
|Applied Biology||Algae, Bacteria, Fungi, Bryophyta, Pteridophyta|
|Animal Physiology||Plant Cell|
Paper 3: AG-I, AG-II and AG-III are given below:
|Agricultural Physics||Agricultural Engineering||Agronomy|
|Agricultural Chemistry (Inorganic and Organic)||Agricultural Statistics||Agricultural Botany|
Paper 4- Aptitude for Architecture:
|Mathematics||Aesthetic Sensitivity||Drawing Aptitude|
Paper 5- Aptitude for BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA:
*It should be noted that the Numerical Ability section will be of class 10th level:
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||English Language|
|General Knowledge||Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude|
Paper 6: The syllabus for this paper is stated as follows:
|Engineering Mechanics||Engineering Graphics||Basic Electrical Engineering|
|Basic Electronics Engineering||Elements of Computer Science||Basic Workshop Practice|
|Elementary Biology||Physics/Chemistry/Math of Diploma standard||--|
Paper 7: The syllabus for this paper is given below:
|Pharmaceutics-I and II||Pharmaceutical Chemistry – I and II||Health Education & Community Pharmacy|
|Pharmacognosy||Biochemistry and Clinical Pathology||Human Anatomy and Physiology|
|Harmacology and Toxicology||Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence||Drug Store and Business management|
|Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy||--||--|
Paper 8: The important chapters for this aptitude test are:
|Linear Algebra||Calculus||Differential equations|
|Fourier Series||Complex variables||Probability and Statistics|
Paper 9: UPSEE 2018 MBA:
|English Language||Numerical Aptitude|
|Thinking and Decision making||General Awareness|
Paper 10: UPSEE MCA:
Paper 11: Lateral Entry MCA:
|Mathematical Structure||Computing Concepts||Reasoning Ability|
Candidates should start their preparations keeping in reference the syllabus for the particular sections asked in the exam and previous years question papers of UPSEE. Since the UPSEE 2019 Exam Paper 1 is on similar lines with other engineering entrance exams like JEE Main and Advanced, the syllabus is also quite similar and candidates should also refer to such exams for the syllabus.
For reference, the table below represents the booklist for UPSEE 2019 Paper 1.
|NCERT part 1&2 class 12th||NCERT||8174506314 & 8174506713|
|Concepts of Physics H.C. Verma Vol 1 & 2||H.C.Verma||8177091875 & 8177092324|
|Understanding Physics series||D.C. Pandey||9350941732|
|NCERT chemistry Part 1 and Part 2 for Class XII||NCERT||8174506489 & 8174507167|
|Physical Chemistry by P.Bahadur||P.Bahadur||9382314431|
|Organic Chemistry by Arihant (Theory & Paper)||O.P. Tandon||9382314415|
|Arihant Maths Series by S.K. Goyal for in-depth understanding and practice||S.K.Goyal||35203290X|
UPSEE 2019 Results
UPSEE 2019 Result will be declared in the month of May 2019 on UPSEE’s official website. The exact date for the result announcement would be made public through the UPSEE 2019 official notification. Candidates would be able to check their results by undertaking the following simple steps.
- Visit UPSEE 2019 official website.
- Click on UPSEE 2019 Result
- Enter your 8-digit roll number.
- Click on submit.
- Your result would get displayed on the screen.
- Download it and take a print out.
Based on these results counselling will be done for allotment of seats under various disciplines of UG/PG courses.
UPSEE 2019 Cut off
The cut off percentage of marks for the merit of qualified candidates is 25% (20% for candidates belonging from SC/ST category). Candidates who will qualify UPSEE Cut off criteria will be invited for the counselling round.
|Marks expected||Cut off rank (expected)|
|Below 120||Above 90000|
UPSEE 2019 Counselling
Based on the rank obtained by the candidate in the UPSEE 2019 a merit list will be prepared. Candidates scoring higher marks would be placed higher in the merit list whereas those scoring lower marks would hover at the bottom.
Candidates who will feature in the merit list would be called for document verification process. After the document verification candidates would be allowed to take part in registration and choice locking process.
Counselling process for UPSEE 2019 is expected to begin in 2nd week of June. UPSEE Counselling would be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the UPSEE 2019 merit list as well as the choice locked by the candidate at the time of choice locking process.
The procedure for counselling is as follows:
- Candidates shortlisted for counselling would have to pay the required registration fee to initiate the process.
- Registration fee would be INR 20,000 for general and OBC candidates and INR 12,000 for SC/ST candidates.
- The registration fee is adjustable at the time of taking admission.
- Candidate can freeze the seat that takes the seat allotted and quit the counselling process, float the seat that keeps the allotted seat on hold and go for further rounds of counselling or Withdraw the seat allotted and also withdrew from the counselling process.
Ques. What is UPSEE?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE) is a state level entrance test conducted by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) for admission to various institutions of the state for first year B.Tech, B.Pharm, B.Arch, B.Design, BHMCT, BFA, MBA, MCA, M.Pharm and M.Tech courses.
Ques. Are the applications submitted online or offline?
Ans. Applications can be submitted online only. No forms will be available offline or any of the participating institutes.
Ques. In case I have any issue while filling the application, whom should I contact?
Ans. In case of any queries regarding online applications, candidates can call at UPSEE helpdesk toll-free number- 18001800161 by 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on working days. They can also send an email at email@example.com.
Ques. Is there any reservation criteria in UPSEE?
Ans. Yes, AKTU reserves seat for various category candidates of Uttar Pradesh (both horizontal and vertical reservation). Candidates outside UP will be considered as the General category candidates.
Ques. What is the application fee for UPSEE 2018?
Ans. The application fee for UPSEE differs as per various categories and is tabulated below:
|General/ OBC (Males and Transgender)||INR 1300|
|Females of all category/ SC/ ST||INR 650|
Ques. The transaction I did to pay the application fee has failed but the amount has been deducted from my account. What should I do?
Ans. If the transaction fails during the fee payment candidates will have to pay the exam fee again. The amount deducted in such case will be refunded to the source account within 5 working days.
Ques. I have not received the amount debited from my account during the failed transaction. Whom should I contact?
Ans. In case, the candidate doesn’t receive the amount within 5 working days, they may send the email at firstname.lastname@example.org in the following format:
Subject: Failed Transaction
- Application Number
- Transaction Number
- Date of Birth
- Aadhar Number
Ques. What will all details be available on UPSEE scorecard?
Ans. The details given below will be printed on UPSEE 2018 scorecard:
- Candidate’s name
- Date of Birth
- UPSEE 2018 rank
- Marks obtained in each section and total in UPSEE
- Photograph & Signature
Ques. How will the Merit list be prepared?
Ans. The merit list will be prepared on the following basis:
- Number of candidates who appeared for UPSEE
- Performance of candidates in UPSEE
- Previous year cut off
Ques. Is there any specific tie-breaking criteria at the time of declaration of merit list?
Ans. Yes, in case of any tie between two students securing equal marks, preference will be given in following order:
- Marks obtained in Mathematics
- Marks obtained in Physics
- Marks obtained in Chemistry
- In case of same marks in all three section, the age of the candidate will be considered for merit list preparation.
Ques. Can I collect my admit card through offline mode?
Ans. No, candidates will not receive admit cards through any of the offline modes. Admit cards will only be available at the official UPSEE website.
Ques. In case, there is an error in my admit card, what should I do?
Ans. Candidates in such cases must immediately contact the helpdesk. They must not tamper the admit card in any case. Discrepancies must be rectified before the exam.
Ques. Is it necessary to have Aadhar card while filing the form?
Ans. Yes, candidates will have to enter the Aadhar card number while filling the form.
Ques. I have passed class 12th from the state other than Uttar Pradesh but my parents are domiciled in UP. Can I apply?
Ans. Yes, such candidates can apply for UPSEE and also they are eligible for reservations if any.
Ques. Are the candidates appearing for final year of the qualifying exam, eligible to appear for the test?
Ans. Yes, the candidates appearing in the final year examinations of the qualifying exam are eligible to apply subject to the condition that they submit the proof of educational qualification at the time of counselling.
Ques. Are there any specifications for documents to be uploaded with the application form?
Ans. Yes, candidates must ensure that the signature must be of maximum 3.5cm*1.5 cm dimension and not more than 30 kb. The photograph uploaded must contain the name of the candidate at the bottom and the maximum permissible size is 100 kb.
Ques. Can I get the print of confirmation page later?
Ans. Yes, candidates can log in with their Registration Number and Password later at UPSEE portal. The confirmation page will be available.
Ques. What is the penalty for incorrect answers?
Ans. There is no provision for negative marking in the test.
Ques. In case I have filled incorrect details, can I make corrections?
Ans. Yes, ones the form filling dates are over, AKTU will open correction window to make any changes in the details filled in the application form. Following details cannot be corrected:
- Applicant’s name
- Aadhar number
- Parents domicile
- Date of Birth
Ques. The photograph I have uploaded doesn’t have any name on the bottom. Can this also be changed during the correction?
Ans. During the UPSEE form correction window candidates are not allowed to change any documents uploaded.
Ques. Can the entries be corrected offline?
Ans. No, the correction window will open only online. No corrections will be entertained through offline mode.
Ques. I have passed HSC from Rajasthan but hold domicile certificate of UP, can I claim rural weightage for B.Tech admissions?
Ans. No, any candidate passing the qualifying exam from other state is not eligible for admissions under rural weightage.
Ques. Where should I send the hard copies of the filled in the application form?
Ans. Applications forms will be submitted online only. There is no need to send the hard copies.
Ques. For how long do I require the admit card?
Ans. Admit card must be preserved till the entire admission process is complete.
Ques. What are the documents required during the counselling process?
Ans. Candidates will require following documents at the time of counselling:
- UPSEE 2018 Admit Card
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Domicile certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate
- GDDA Certificate (if applicable)
- Rural weightage certificate (if applicable
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College