Biberach University of Applied Science: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Biberach University of Applied Sciences was established in 1964. It is also known as Hochschule Biberach (HBC) is a non-profit University in German. The enrollment range of the university is 2000 - 2999. Admission at HBC is based on the entrance examinations and students' past academic records.
The university is affiliated by European Association for International education. Pharmaceutical Bioengineering was first established at HCB within Germany in the year 2006. It has been accredited by Forschung, Kunst Baden-Württemberg (Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts Baden-Württemberg), and Ministerium für Wissenschaft.
Biberach University of Applied Sciences Rankings
- The HBC received top marks in the categories "study organization", "qualification in a reasonable time" and "jobs".
- The Fields of Architecture Energy, Technology, Civil Engineering, Applied Natural Sciences, and Business Administration are regularly ranked by the Centre for University Development.
- In 2019/20 ranking the faculty of Civil Engineering and Project Management ranks among the top group of German universities of applied sciences.
- In the 2020/21 rankings the HBC got 1.5 rating in the category of “social climate”.
|Tuition fee||€1500 per semester|
|Intake season||Summer and winter semester|
|Student to faculty ratio||15:1|
Biberach University of Applied Sciences Campus
There are two campuses. One is a city campus located in the heart of Biberach and the other is Aspach campus located just a few kilometers away.
- The Biberach region is rated as one of the most successful districts in Germany by "Focus Money" magazine and the university is located in the middle of the region.
- The HBC University also offers countless leisure activities such as hiking, skiing, swimming, and sightseeing.
- HBC provides various on-campus facilities such as a library, canteen data center press office laboratories and test centers.
- The library has 53000 print media 16000 ebooks and 195 magazine subscriptions. It also provides daily newspapers.
- Students can have healthy food from the campus canteen. The cafeteria provides three menus to choose from.
- The data center provides a wide range of IT services to the students.
- There are many laboratories and workshops present at the University namely Model Construction Workshop, Automation Technology Laboratory, Laboratory for Simulation, Technology Laboratory for Daylight, Technology and Solar System Laboratory for Ventilation, Technology Laboratory for Thermal Energy System, Electrical System Laboratory, Field Laboratory for Renewable Energies, Hydraulic Engineering Laboratory, Laboratory for Serving, Laboratory for Urban Water Management, Geotechnical Laboratory, Laboratory for Geology and Hydrology.
Biberach University of Applied Sciences Residence
There are many affordable housing options available at the Biberach.
- Studierendenwerk Ulm offers HBC students a private room service.
- Kapuzinerstrasse student residence is only 5 minutes away from the university.
- The student residence provides furnished rooms with telephone and internet connection. Free parking and laundry facilities are also available.
- Each apartment at the student residence has its fitted kitchen and bathroom.
- The student residence cost € 302 per room. The room is allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis and the maximum residence time is 6 semesters.
Biberach University of Applied Sciences Programs
The HBC University is organized into 5 schools providing various bachelors and masters degrees. Biberach University of Applied Sciences offers programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- The five departments are the School of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Project Management, Business Administration for Construction, Real Estate and energy, Biotechnology, Building and energy systems.
- only 5% of the courses are delivered in English rest 95% are delivered in German.
- The HBC University provides practical courses which are based on the requirements of the respective industries.
- Students can also apply for an international bachelor's degree and can spend one semester at one of the HBC's partner universities.
Biberach University of Applied Sciences Admission Process
International students who want to seek admissions at Biberach University can follow the below-mentioned application process:
- International applicants must send their application to HTGW Konstanz.
- Admission for bachelors programs is coordinated via hochschulstart.de.
Deadline for the admission test, assessment test, and certificate recognition: May 1st for the winter semester, and November 1st for the summer semester of the following year.
Online application deadline: July 15 for the winter semester, and January 15 for the summer semester (due to COVID-19 the application deadline for bachelors program is August 20)
- University entrance qualification certificate
- Confirmation of participation orientation test
- Language proficiency certificate
- CV in tabular form
- Evidence of preliminary internship (only for civil engineering)
Language proficiency: DSH-2, DSH-3, TestDaF (4.0), or "telc C1 Hochschule" (B2 or C1 is not sufficient).
The pharmaceutical biotechnology and industrial biotechnology courses offered voluntary selection interviews. Applicants must give an interview to increase the chances of getting admission.
Biberach University of Applied Sciences Cost of Attendance
|Category||Cost in euros|
|State union fee||77|
|Student body fee||15|
|Exhibition fee for student id||10|
|Total semester fee||172|
The tuition fees for international students is 1500 euros per semester. Furthermore, students have to pay 650 euros per semester when starting a second degree.
Biberach University of Applied Sciences Scholarships
DAAD scholarships are available for international students, some of the scholarships are:
- Shaving scholarship worth € 300 per month for 12 months.
- Southwest scholarship worth €1000 per student
- Stipendium German scholarship worth € 850 per month is available for graduate students.
Biberach University of Applied Sciences Placements
Every year there is a job fair at HBC where numerous companies present their offers.
- Jobteaser is the career portal provided for the students.
- HBC.jobmesse allows the students to find out the best possible career paths while studying.
FIND A PROGRAM