Esslingen University of Applied Sciences 2021-2022 Admissions: Entry Deadlines, Requirements & Application Process
The Esslingen University houses over 6000 students enrolled in 28 bachelor's and 14 postgraduate programs. The programs are offered in the field of engineering, business and economics, natural sciences, social sciences, and computer sciences. Fresh applications are welcomed for winter and summer sessions.
- Esslingen University opens admissions for Summer and Winter Intake.
- Summer semester classes will commence from 15 March 2021.
- The university does not make exceptions for any delayed application submission.
- The lectures are scheduled to be conducted through the digital medium. However, on-campus classes will be carried on only in accordance with the set criterion for the pandemic.
- Esslingen University does not provide International Scholarships.
- However, they enlist the use of grants to help students afford their studies in Germany.
- Only printed documents will be considered in the admissions procedure.
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||There are no Application Fees|
|Mode of Payment||Master-Card/ Visa|
|Academic Calendar||Semester based|
|Intake Seasons||Summer and Winter|
|Work Experience||Required for Graduate Programs|
|Financial Aid||Loans, Scholarships, and awards available|
Esslingen University Admission Deadlines
The table below mentions the deadlines for Undergraduates. For Graduate admissions, the deadlines vary according to the course.
|Deadlines||Summer semester||Winter semester|
|Final Deadline||January 15||July 15|
Master‘s degree courses may have different dates. Some of them are as follows.
|Course||Start date||Application deadline|
|MBA||15 October||31 May|
|M.Engg.||15 October||31 March|
Esslingen University of Applied Sciences Admission
Esslingen University of Applied Sciences welcomes international applications for enrolling in bachelors and master's programs. Fresh applications are accepted during summer and winter sessions. Applicants must apply online through the official website of the university. Candidates are recommended to apply within the deadline to avoid delays in admissions. Besides, all applicants must fulfill the additional requirements as posed by the university which are as mentioned below:
Application Portal: Candidates must apply online through University website
Application Fee: There are no Application Fees
Admission Requirements: International applicants are required to fulfill the mentioned requirements to be eligible for seeking admission to Esslingen University of Applied Sciences. These are as follows:
- Original or certified copies of official academic transcripts of high school/ diploma/ secondary certificates. Documents that are in any other language than English must be translated into German or English.
- The photocopies must be certified by an official institution by your German Consulate or a notary public.
- Transcript Evaluation Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Essays or Letters of Motivation
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- English Language Proficiency Scores
- German Language Proficiency Scores
Print out the application form that you obtain from the Hochschulstart.de platform and send it to Esslingen University of Applied Sciences by post with the other required documentation.
Applicants must send the entire document in one package. However, if the recommender insists on sending the letter of recommendation separately, it must be mailed in a separate sealed envelope.
English and German Proficiency Test Score for International Students
International applicants are required to present TOEFL and IELTS scores to demonstrate English proficiency. However, students whose mother tongue is English or have completed their bachelor's in English do not need to take the TOEFL test. Besides, applicants must submit their German language scores for seeking admission to varied programs. The minimum scores required as mentioned by the university are as follows:
|DSH-Prüfung||Level 2 or 3|
|TestDaf Examination||Level 4 in at least all four subjects|
Visa Process for International Students
International candidates must obtain a student visa in Germany. Applicants must meet the following parameters as per the visa guidelines posed by the German government. They submit the following documents to complete the process. These include:
- Filled-in copies of VISA application forms.
- Copy of Passport
- Two current passport size photos
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of bank account statements as evidence of funding
- Proof of admission to the university as a confirmation of the purpose of your stay
- Proof of German and English language proficiency.
- Proof of having paid the VISA application fee of 75 Euros.
Esslingen University of Applied Sciences Undergraduate Admissions
Esslingen University of Applied Sciences welcomes applications for undergraduate admissions in the field of Technical, Economics, and Social with varied specializations. Applicants must have qualified secondary schooling and high school from a recognized institution with minimum aggregate.
Where to Apply: online
Application Fee: There are no Application Fees
Admissions Requirements: Applicants must also submit the following mentioned documents to complete their admission process:
- Official high school transcripts. The transcript which is not in English must accompany a German and English translation.
- Personal Essay
- Letter of Recommendation
- Enrollment Application Form
- German Language and English Language proficiency scores
Esslingen University of Applied Sciences Graduate Admissions
The Esslingen University of Applied Science welcomes applications for graduate programs in the field of Engineering, Business Administration, Social Work, and Applied Sciences. Eligible candidates must apply for admission online. Work experience is a necessary criterion for admissions to post-graduate programs. The admission requirement for individual courses tends to differ from program to program. Candidates must register online at the application portal and mail the documents in a single package.
Application Portal: Masters Application Portal
Application Fee: There are no Application Fees
Applicants must foremost create their user account to begin the application process. Hereon, they must choose their degree, program of interest, citizenship status, and term. After completing the entire filling of form they must apply by submitting along with the necessary documents.
Below listed are the necessary documents which must be submitted along with the application form:
- Official diploma/ bachelor degree transcripts with current preliminary overall grade translated into German or English
- Diploma supplement
- Certificate of university entrance qualification
- Updated Resume in tabular form
- Internet address of the module manual
- Proof of German language skills
Additional document requirements vary from course to course. These include
- Evidence of work experience (for Applied Surface and Material Sciences, Energy Systems and Energy Management, Smart Factory)
- Essay (for innovation management)
- Proof of a practical semester of 6 months (For Social Work Degree programs, Nursing Science or Applied Social Education Educational Research)
- Letter of Motivation (For a course in Smart Factory)
- GMAT for MBA
The table below gives the deadlines and overview of masters Courses:
|Applied Informatics||WiSe/SoSe||15 July/15 January||Esslingen Hill Top|
|Applied Surface und Material Sciences||WiSe/SoSe||15 July./15 January||Esslingen City Centre|
|Applied Socio-Educational Research||SoSe||30 November||Esslingen Hill Top|
|Automotive Systems||WiSe||31 March||Esslingen Hill Top|
|Biotechnology (part-time)||WiSe/SoSe||15 July/15 January||External|
|Design and Development in Automotive and Mechanical Engineering||WiSe||31 March||Esslingen Hill Top|
|Energy Systems and Energy Management||WiSe/SoSe||15 July/15 January||Esslingen City Centre|
|Automotive Engineering||SoSe||15 January||Esslingen City Centre|
|Innovation Management||WiSe/SoSe||15 July/15 January||Esslingen Hill Top|
|International Industrial Management (MBA)||WiSe||31 May||Esslingen Hill Top|
|Mechatronics/Systems Engineering||WiSe/SoSe||15 July/15 January||Göppingen (etc.)|
|Nursing Science||WiSe||15 July||Esslingen Hill Top|
|Resource Efficiency in Mechanical Engineering||SoSe||15 January||Esslingen City Centre|
|Social Work||SoSe||30 November||Esslingen Hill Top|
|Smart Factory||WiSe/SoSe||15 July./15 January||Göppingen|
|Environmental Protection||WiSe/SoSe||15 January./15 July.||Esslingen City Centre|
Send your application portfolio by post by the relevant deadline (the date of arrival at the University counts, not the date of the postmark) to:
Hochschule Esslingen – Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
-Zulassungsamt- Admissions Office –
73728 Esslingen am Neckar
Esslingen University of Applied Sciences carries out its admission process in a transparent manner with all the necessary criteria listed on the website. Candidates must apply online for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs within the deadline to avoid cancellation of the application. The university doesn’t allow candidates to defer their application for next year. Students must reapply with a new application. The university provides on-campus residence facilities. Interested students must contact AStA to find a room on the campus. The university also offers financial aid in the form of scholarships, awards, and job offer to assist students.
Q1. I will be completing my first degree after the application deadline. Can I still apply for admission?
Ans. Not all Masters programs start in summer or winter. The application deadline tends to differ for each course. You can check the individual deadline for the courses in the table provided in the following link - Course page
Q2. I completed my bachelors/ diploma degree in abroad. Can I still apply for a master’s program in Esslingen?
Ans. Yes, you can apply for a Master’s program at Esslingen University. For this, you will have to get your foreign qualifications accredited and provide proof of German Language knowledge.
You can get your foreign language recognized in Germany by applying for accreditation in time. Applicants can get the certificates accredited by the University of Constance (Studienkolleg Konstanz).
Q3. I hold a bachelor's degree from abroad. What proof of German language knowledge should I provide?
Ans. Applicants holding foreign certificates must proof of having passed the German language test. Esslingen University accepts the following certificates:
- DSH-Prüfung at level 2 or 3
- TestDaf Examination (applicants must hold least level 4 in all four subtests)
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz
- Language test telc C1 Hochschule
Q4. Can applicants apply for more than one graduate program? Should I send a complete application for each program separately?
Ans. Yes, candidates can apply for more than one graduate program. Candidates need not send applications for each program separately. You must fill only one application and mention your choice to apply for more than one application. You must prioritize clearly on the entrance page of the online application. However, it must be noted that the “Priority 1” application will be given a clear preference.
Q5. I applied for a graduate program this year. However, I would not be able to fulfill it this year. Will the application be deferred to another year?
Ans. No, Esslingen University of Applied Sciences doesn’t allow student’s acceptance to defer to another year. Students wanting to reapply must submit a new application.