Muenster University of Applied Sciences: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Muenster University of Applied Sciences is the largest and renowned German public University in the field of applied sciences. Established in the year 1971, the university is based in Westphalia and Steinfurt in Germany. The university became the first system-accredited university of applied sciences of Germany in the year 2011. It has earned various awards in the field of academics and management, including one from Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft.
The university has a student population of nearly 14,000 students hailing from other countries as well as local students, pursuing one of the 87-degree programs. Muenster University of Applied Sciences offers bachelor’s, master and doctoral programs in the field of design, architecture, education, health, science, and engineering.
Muenster University of Applied Sciences Rankings
Muenster University of Applied Sciences is ranked:
- 189th in Times Higher Education list of World University Rankings 2020
- 73rd in Germany and 1326th Globally in Muenster by Edu Rank by Edu Rank
|Cost Of Attendance||€ 290 / semester|
|Bachelor Graduation Rate||71.58%|
|Admission Helpdesk||Tel. +49 (0)251 / 83-64700
Fax +49 (0)251 / 83-64707
|Work Experience||Required for some courses|
Muenster University of Applied Sciences Campus
- The campuses of Muenster University are spread across Muenster and Steinfurt.
- The university comprises of Leonardo Campus and it is home for the Faculties of Architecture, Art and Design.
- The Steinfurt campus comprises of Faculty of Energy, Building Services, and Environmental Engineering.
- The green campus, and has facilities like a café, workshops, swimming pools to relax, libraries, studios
Muenster University of Applied Sciences Residence
- The University doesn’t facilitate any type of residence or accommodations of its own.
- The international students can opt for other off-campus accommodations while applying wish to apply to Munster university.
- They can also apply for off-campus housing by applying through Studierendenwerk Muenster.
- Student accommodations in Germany include the options of 1BHK flat, single rooms in the city of Steinfurt.
1) Single Rooms in Muenster
- Available on rent
- 2-4 showers in one hall and a shared kitchen per hall
2) Apartments in Münster
- Available for rent
- Each apartment has a semi-furnished kitchen and a shower
Muenster University of Applied Sciences Programs
- The university offers more than 87 programs in bachelor’s, masters, and doctoral programs across 12 faculties.
- The types of courses in various fields include Health and Social Affairs, Design, Engineering, Business Administration
- There various departments within the University include Chemical Engineering, Design, Health, Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration
- The bachelor courses offered by the University include Social Work, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Health, Architecture, Business informatics, Nutritional Sciences
- The Master degree programs offered by the University include Water Management, Computer science, Social management, Electrical engineering
- The courses offered by the University are all in German and German proficiency is a must to undertake any of the courses. Only in the case of Master’s in Chemical Engineering English Proficiency is required.
Muenster University of Applied Sciences Application Process
Successful processing of the application requires submission of a completed application that is supplemented with required documents. International students should follow the application process listed below to secure admission to the program
Application Portal: Online application
International students seeking admission at German universities are encouraged to apply at least 2 months prior to the expiry of the application deadlines.
|Undergraduate||15 July 2020|
|Postgraduate||May 31, 2020|
General Application Requirements
- Completed application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Passport photocopies
- Certificate of German Language proficiency test
- Pass Certificate of creative aptitude test for Design and Architecture applications
- Applications are to be applied online or one can choose to send the application via post.
- Certified copies Original Documents along with Translated copies in German.
Muenster University of Applied Sciences Cost
International students should have sufficient funding to complete the desired program in Muenster university:
|Type of Expenses||Cost in €|
|Tuition fees||€ 298,24/semester|
|Food expenses and cost of living||€ 670-800|
Note: UG: 6 semesters; PG:4 semesters
Muenster University of Applied Sciences Financial Aid
- International students are provided with financial assistance in the form of student loans, scholarships, and work-study programs.
- The loans include education loan, KfW Student Loan, and BAföG Bank Loan
- The scholarships include DAAD scholarship, STIBET Matching Funds Scholarship, STIBET End-of-Study scholarship, Deutschlandstipendium, and the DAAD prize
Muenster University of Applied Sciences Alumni
- Several departments under the University have their individual alumni networks through which the University stays connected with their Alumni.
- The Faculty of Energy, Building Services for example has an alumni group that meets every 2 years.
FIND A PROGRAM