Chemnitz University of Technology: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1836 as Royal Mercantile College the Chemnitz University of Technology Germany came into its current existence in 1963. The public university offers over 85 undergraduate and graduate programs.
The University enrolls around 10,000 students, (9,873 in 2019) with 44% female students and around 28% of international students from over 100 countries.
University offers programs mainly in Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Economics and Business Administration, Humanities, Behavioural and Social Sciences, and Teacher education.
The University has most of the courses taught in German but there are a few courses in English too. The knowledge of German language helps the applicants to get a wide range of programs to choose from.
|Type of University||Public|
|Year of Establishment||1836|
Chemnitz University of Technology Rankings
- The university is ranked at #801-900 in the world as per Shanghai Rankings.
- # 601-800 in the World and # 201 + in the European Union are the rankings given the Times Higher education.
Chemnitz University of Technology Campus
- The University’s main campus is located in the center of Saxony and has academic buildings, Administrative Offices, Sports Facilities, Library, Press Office, Central Auditorium, and seminar building amongst other facilities.
- The University has state of art research facilities for its students on campus.
Residence Facilities at Chemnitz University of Technology
The University provides residence hall accommodation and is quite close to the Campus. The rent of the accommodation includes water, heat, electricity, waste removal, cleaning, the caretaker's fee, and maintenance costs and is reasonably priced.
- Students interested in staying at German youth hostels need to have a membership in the youth hostel. There are other boarding houses and hostels recommended by the University to stay during the academic session.
- The university also helps in locating short or long term accommodations for its students.
Programs offered at Chemnitz University of Technology
Chemnitz University of Technology offers programs for over 100 courses in the areas of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Economics and Business Administration, Humanities, Behavioural and Social Sciences, and Teacher education.
The University has a vast research profile and Microelectronics & Micro-electromechanical systems, Applications & development of systems, Communications, Media, Technology are some of the key areas of the university's research programs.
International students who want to seek admissions at Chemnitz University of Technology can follow the below-mentioned application process:
- The admission application is made through University’s website or through University Application Service for International Students Berlin known as Uni-assist.
- The college accepts Winter intake applications till May 30, and till November 20 for the Summer intake. Whereas applying via Uni-assist gives a deadline of 15 July for Winters and 15 January for Summer intake.
- Official transcripts of High school/College degree or equivalent are required. These transcripts must be in German and English.
- English Language proficiency test(s) scores IELTS (5.5 ), TOEFL iBT (72), and TOEIC (785) or equivalent accepted test score is required. For some programs knowledge of German proficiency needs to be shown. The English proficiency tests are not mandatory for some countries including India if the students have studied English in their high school with a certain percentage.
- After receiving a Letter of Acceptance applicants can start the visa process.
- Statement of Purpose, Passport ID pages copies
Cost of Attendance
|Cost Head||Expenses in EURO|
|Room and board (approximate)||7,200|
Scholarships & Financial Aid for International Students
Various scholarships are offered for international students to afford study in Germany. The university offers Scholarship STIBET I for international students which is for a period of 6 months only. The announcement for the scholarship is made by the university and applicants need to apply for the same.
The University also offers some scholarships for Women in the MINT subjects, Freshmen, Students with a history of migration, and those who apply in applied sciences programs with a separate application to be submitted maintaining the deadlines.
The University has its alumni keeping in touch through a newsletter and social media platforms.
- The alumni arrange some contact, academic, and get together events.
- Some notable alumni of the University are Sahra Wagenknecht, Politician; Charlotte Potts, Political Correspondent; Jost Kobusch, Mountaineer; David Füleki, Comic Artist; Rebekka Haase, German Athlete; and Carsten Linnemann, Economist and politician.
The University neither provides any job placement service nor organizes any campus placement activities.
FIND A PROGRAM
- Train Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary