University of Duesseldorf: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The University of Düsseldorf is one of the younger higher education institutions in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia was founded in 1965. The origin of the university can be traced back to Dusseldorf’s Medical Academy of 1907. Since 1998, it has been known as Heinrich Heine University(HHU). It is a college of remarkable importance within the country in the field of research and technology and attracts a number of international scholars interested in pursuing their higher education from Germany.
The university comprises of internationally renowned research institutions in the areas of life sciences, physics, chemistry, language, and social sciences. The campus of the university is located in the city Dusseldorf and combines five academic faculties, all of which are located at a short walking distance from each other.
University of Dusseldorf Rankings
The University of Dusseldorf is
- Ranked 248th worldwide and 21st nationwide according to the university ranking by CWUR 2016.
- Ranked in 201+ in European Teaching ranking in 2018 according to Times Higher Education.
- Ranked 751-800th according to the World University Ranking by QS World University Rankings.
- Currently ranked among the top 5 providers of scholarships within the country.
|Number of programs||70+|
|Budget||310 million EUR|
|For general inquiry||+49 211 81-12345 | email@example.com|
University of Dusseldorf Campus
- University of Dusseldorf’s campus is such where everything is close together, all buildings including the University Hospital and the specialized libraries are easily reachable.
- The University of Dusseldorf has five faculties under its belt and all of them are located inside the campus. These different faculties are:
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Mathematics and natural science
- Medical Faculty
- Faculty of Arts and humanities
- Faculty of Business Administration and economics.
- A Botanical Garden is also included inside HHU’s campus, which is part of the city’s “green belt” and is intimidating for people to relax and meet with colleagues.
University of Dusseldorf Residence
- Dusseldorf is a nice place to live in but the housing situation is very tight. Most international students looking for accommodation while studying in German Universities go for off-campus options.
- Students have to plan for staying in the city from the time of applying to the university in order to get accommodation in various hostels, rented houses, shared apartments or in the University housing.
- For the first-timers, it is advisable to apply for a short term stay of 3 months.
- After getting short term accommodation the students can apply for their long term accommodation in various options available for accommodation.
- In general, all residential districts in Düsseldorf and the surrounding suburbs are safe and offer accommodation of good quality with ranges of bars, cafes and restaurants in nearby areas for the students refreshment. 11
University of Dusseldorf Programs
- The University of Dusseldorf has five faculties that offer a broad range of study areas.
- Students may choose among 50 different study programs at the University of Dusseldorf, of which German Studies, History, Law, Biology, and Medicine are the most popular. 13.
- At HHU, doctoral training is organized by the interdisciplinary Graduate and Research Academy Düsseldorf (iGRAD).
University of Dusseldorf Admission Process
For almost all the degree programs, the students have to apply for their desired course of study. Except for the degree of Masters for Psychology, all the other programs need the submission of the application form and all the supporting documents process offline.
The complete set of documents along with the application form should be sent to the following address:
Studierenden- und Prüfungsverwaltung
Application portal: Offline (except the program of Psychology). The application form can be downloaded here
Application fee: None.
Admission requirements: In HHH, excluding Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy the requirements for all the other courses are14:
- Official certified School-leaving certificates.
- Proof of previous study credits.
- Official, certified copy of the DSH (2 or 3) certificate (= German language university entrance exam for foreign students) or a comparable language proficiency certificate.
- Master’s program: Please submit the (proof of aptitude), which you can apply for the respective faculty.
- For a doctorate degree, students need the dean’s permission and a letter confirming academic supervision by your supervisor.
For the programs of Pharmacy, Medicine and Dentistry only the preliminary check documentation issued by uni-assist and an approved language certificate in certified copy has to be submitted when applying to Heinrich-Heine-University. Thus, local educational certificates do not have to be handed in anymore.
The application deadlines for programs with general (NC) or local (ONC) admission restrictions are January 15 for the summer semester or July 15 for the winter semester.
The application deadlines for programs with free admission are at the end of the first week of April for the summer semester and end of the first week of October for the winter semester.
University of Dusseldorf Cost of Attendance
- The tuition fee is free for all students irrespective of the program they chose as HHU receives funding from the Land of North Rhine-Westphalia for being a public German university.
- The semester service charge is set up at 230 EUR per semester to cover up the expenses of AStA, of student services such as housing and canteen organization (Studentenwerk) and the semester ticket for free rides on all local trains and buses.
- Average monthly costs can be broken down into the following slabs: 15
|Expenses||Cost in EUR|
|Public transportation||40-100 EUR|
Therefore in general, a student should keep 750-900 EUR per month for a sustainable life in the city.
University of Dusseldorf Financial Aid
- There are a large number of scholarships provided by various groups for the students of the University of Mainz. These are based on merit, certain sections of people, doctorates, etc.
- There are numerous bursary programs to cover living costs, facilitate stays abroad, or to finish one's final thesis.
- International students can seek funding to study in Germany via other sources as well.
University of Dusseldorf Placement
- HHU has an entrepreneurship center making students prepared for the future with entrepreneur skills17.
University of Dusseldorf Alumni
Notable Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf alumni include:
- Karl Lauterbach, German scientist and politician, Member of the Bundestag.
- Fahriye Evcen, Turkish actress.
- Michael Goatee, German physician
- Moritz Körner, Member of the European Parliament
FIND A PROGRAM
The main motive behind opting for a college in Germany was the different exposure which I will get there. Also the huge amount of opportunities that I will get after and during my course. As required in the admission criteria I got my documents verified via uni-assist and mailed the completed application form. The process of application was completed online for which I did not pay any amount.
Course Curriculum :
My program helps us to get integrated with industry experiences, case studies, real-world projects, and self-directed study, equipping us with an understanding of the concepts, basic and advanced scientific technologies to transform research into industrial practice.
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
- Train Station
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary