University of Greifswald Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
The University of Greifswald, one of the oldest universities in Germany and the Baltic Sea Region is a research oriented university. Greifswald is a European and worldwide recognized plasma research center. Currently, Plasma technology and the use of plasmas in the fields of pharmacy and medicine, and few others are the central topics for research here. University Medicine is also one of the five key research fields at the university.
|QS World University ranking||401 – 500th|
|No. of International Students||785|
|Mode of Study||Full Time|
|Contact||+49 3834 4200|
University of Greifswald Programs and Residence Programs
The university offers many courses in a wide variety of subjects.
• Degree courses in Pharmacy, Dentistry, Human medicine and Law
• Diploma courses in various subjects
• Bachelor courses in Arts and Science
• Master courses in Arts and Science
• Teaching qualification degree courses Only two master's degree courses, "Earth Sciences" and "Landscape Ecology and Nature Conservation" are taught completely in English. Rest, all the courses have German language as their medium of instruction. Residence The university does not provide on-campus accommodation. Usually, students go for a room in a shared. Students also stay in residence halls which are located around the town. They are run by the "Studentenwerk (Student Services)".
University of Greifswald Admissions
Students may apply through Uni-Assist application portal. Application Fee - 75 Euro
Application Deadline: Summer - January 15, Winter - 15th July
Documents Required: Foreign secondary school leaving certificates, academic records, and certificates, CV, proof of payment of the processing fees, German language proficiency proof
Other Documents: Copy of passport, visa
- Certificate Test AS (core test with a minimum score of 100) – for Medicine and Dentistry
- Aptitude test – for Art and Music
- Note: For courses that have English as the medium for instruction requires TOEFL or IELTS test scores (Level B2) or alternatively proof of at least seven years of English lessons at school.
University of Greifswald Cost of Attendance
Semester Fees - 74.50 Euro Cost of Living
|Type of Expense||Amount (Euro)|
|Accommodation (Residence Hall)||100 Euro - 180 Euro|
|Health Insurance||50 Euro|
|Food||150 Euro - 200 Euro|
|Public Transport||43 Euro|
|Leisure activities||100 Euro - 200 Euro|
University of Greifswald Scholarships
The university offers various scholarships. It also offers other concession and financing options. Few among the main scholarships are:
Deutschlandstipendium: 300 Euro per month
Graduate Funding at the University of Greifswald - 1,100 Euro per year
Bogislow Scholarship - 1,200 Euro per year
FIND A PROGRAM
Times Higher Education
RANKED #301 - #350
RANKED #301 - #400
RANKED #301 - #400
Clinical Science (International)
RANKED #501 - #600
My parents and relatives wanted me to study abroad, as they hoped that it would help me succeed in my career. The University of Greifswald was suggested to us by our neighbors as their son had studied there and is now doing well. I had completed an online international application via uni-assist and had submitted my documents such as academic transcripts, my medical history, etc. The online application process was very simple and I have paid an application fee of € 75.
Course Curriculum :
My interdisciplinary course curriculum included a wide variety of disciplines with high environmental relevance, such as applied geology, hydrogeology, or aquatic geochemistry. The curriculum is providing in-depth knowledge to be a shining geoscientist.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Train Station
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary